I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

snood

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:08 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I guess by your definition Bill Clinton was just after money and power. So he got money, power, and under his watch 16 Million Full Time jobs were created. Life improved for the American people. Thanks to Nader, George W. Bush next was the one who went after money and power. However, under his watch only 2 Million Full Time jobs were created-even if you consider the 2008 crash not Bush's fault, he only created 7 Million Full Time jobs before the crash. Life was worse for the American people under Bush.

If the guys at top want money and power, so be it. Just improve life in the damn country while you're doing it, that's all I ask. The two goals are not mutually exclusive.

Exactly. They have to stay in constant denial of the good things Hillary has done and might do yet, in order to keep up the single-minded campaign.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:08 am
@Blickers,
Why do you avoid the facts? Look what Clinton policies meant - and still mean - to a large segment of our population. Or don't they matter?

https://newrepublic.com/article/129433/clintons-war-drugs-black-lives-didnt-matter

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2008/01/the_clinton_fallacy.html
Robert Gentel

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:29 am
@snood,
Edgar lives in Texas, right? If so his vote is pointless and if he doesn't vote for Hilary would not make a bit of difference to the outcome.

And if Lash is in California (not sure?) then same for her. They are better off voting who they like as their votes will not make any difference to the outcome of the election and are better spent sending a symbolic message.
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:35 am
The devastation has been occurring even with Democratic presidents. Democrats have lost most state governments and the US legislature. We stand to continue losing with people like Hillary. Time to abandon this cycle.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:35 am
@Robert Gentel,
Well although it's certainly relevant whose votes really don't matter toward the outcome of certain states' primaries, those individual conditions are certainly extraneous to the discussion of whether it is generally advisable to withhold your vote if your preferred democrat is not nominated.
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:36 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Edgar lives in Texas, right? If so his vote is pointless and if he doesn't vote for Hilary would not make a bit of difference to the outcome.

And if Lash is in California (not sure?) then same for her. They are better off voting who they like as their votes will not make any difference to the outcome of the election and are better spent sending a symbolic message.

Our best strength is in the primaries.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:45 am
@snood,
No, I'm saying that votes for the general election in California and Texas are not going to change anything. Those states are virtually certain to break certain ways and him withholding his vote is actually the stronger game theory for an unsatisfied Democrat than holding his nose and voting anyway would be.
snood

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:48 am
@Robert Gentel,
Whatever. I'll stand by my statement that those who say they will never vote for Hillary if she is the Dem nominee could potentially enhance the chance of a Trump or Cruz (or Rubio or Bush) presidency.
ossobuco

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:02 pm
@RABEL222,
You were lecturing me about the woes of having a Supreme Court with a greater number of GOP appointees, apparently because I'm a Democrat. I don't need a lecture on that.

I have probably said twenty times that if Hillary Clinton is the nominee, I will vote for her. I've long been thinking of voting for Bernie in the New Mexico Primary in June, but I'm beginning to reconsider on that, going back and forth.
Robert Gentel

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:02 pm
@snood,
How would they possibly do so? There is no chance that California does not vote Democrat and Texas not vote Republican. Both states are winner take all for delegates.

How would it make a difference? Are you saying you think they are potentially swing states? That is the only way it would be possible and it is not a serious scenario to consider.
snood

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 01:18 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No - in California and Texas I understand it doesn't matter. I understand that Lash and Edgar's primary votes in particular won't matter. I'm sure you understand that it does matter some places, if Bernie voters withhold their votes from Hillary, right? And as far as Lash and Edgar are concerned, I'm sure their words and attitudes about Hillary could possibly influence others to do what they do, and withhold their vote.
Blickers

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:00 pm
@Lash,
I'm not avoiding any facts at all. Under Bill Clinton's leadership, the country added 16 Million Full Time jobs. Under his successor, the country added 2 Million Full Time jobs-7 Million if you don't count the job loss of 2008. How does 11 Million Full Time jobs or more not materializing help the black community?
Lash

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:22 pm
@Blickers,
Because they've all been sucked into Clinton's Prison for Profit scam, under-educated, and given the bum's rush to the back door when we line up for positive things in the US.

The paying field in the US is still wildly uneven.

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:52 pm
@Lash,
Your misspelling tells the whole truth:
Quote:
Lash

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My fingernails are way too long, but yeah.
Blickers

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:58 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Because they've all been sucked into Clinton's Prison for Profit scam, under-educated, and given the bum's rush to the back door when we line up for positive things in the US.

How about black people being able to feed their families-does that count for anything in your universe? During Clinton's two terms, Full Time jobs increased for all races 16.7% Know how much Full Time jobs for blacks increased? 29.7%. That's nearly twice the rate for the general population.

When Bush II came in, for his two terms Full Time jobs for all races increased a mere 0.3%. For Bush II's two terms, Full Time jobs for blacks didn't increase at all. They declined 1.9%.

Full Time jobs under Clinton, all races:
1993 Q1: 96.528 Million Full Time jobs
2001 Q1: 112.654 Million Full Time jobs
Result: Increase of 16.7%

Full Time jobs under Clinton, blacks:
1993 Q1: 9.954 Million Full Time jobs
2001 Q1: 12.912 Million Full Time jobs
Result: Increase of 29.7

And then you put up these posts about how you simply cannot understand why blacks think well of the Clintons. Unbelievable. Drunk

Setanta

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:05 pm
Now for a little musical interlude . . .

0 Replies

Lash

Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:23 am
@Blickers,
You're a fabulous example of how a person can latch on with a death grip to one statistic and refuse to consider reams of opposing information because it refutes your claim.

Why don't you read?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/somethings-happening-but_b_9250850.html

Why don't you read?

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2016/01/29/23497407/new-jim-crow-author-michelle-alexander-on-hillary-clintons-embrace-of-mass-incarceration

One statistic never gives the whole story. Drunk Drunk

0 Replies

Lash

Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:55 am
@snood,
I have addressed this two or three times to you. I'm not going to be called to defend my vote monthly. I've been very clear about who I will vote for, and I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Make of it what you will.

snood

Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I have addressed this two or three times to you. I'm not going to be called to defend my vote monthly. I've been very clear about who I will vote for, and I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Make of it what you will.

I won't make anything of it at all. I just worry about if there are enough people who like you would withhold a vote for Hillary even if it meant Trump or Cruz. That will make something -a big stinking mess in the white house.
0 Replies