I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:47 pm
@snood,
Keeping the spirit up for the minion brigade!! They may lose credibility and character, but you're in their corner!! What's the next move, supreme leader?Tally - ho!

Revelette, you called me a liar and were proven wrong.
Personal attack + refusal to apologize when proven wrong = ugly, ugly behavior.
edgarblythe

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:49 pm
@Lash,
I view those kinds of things as an attempt to guide our thinking, rather than give us real insight. That's my reason for passing it over so lightly.
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "I Side With" clicky, self-revelatory games are designed to shift people's thinking as you say.

Some SuperPac to thank...
0 Replies

snood

Sun 22 May, 2016 03:42 pm
@Lash,
If we're minions, you're a flunkey.
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 03:51 pm
@snood,
Perish the thought: you, a minion? No.
She's your minion. I like how you pet their heads when they're battle-weary.
DrewDad

Sun 22 May, 2016 04:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I do trust the candidates who have no chance of winning.

Really? I wouldn't trust John McAfee to tell me the time.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 22 May, 2016 04:47 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Perish the thought: you, a minion? No.
She's your minion. I like how you pet their heads when they're battle-weary.

And I lo-o-v-e how you just can't restrain yourself from the adolescent snark.
RABEL222

Sun 22 May, 2016 04:55 pm
@sozobe,
95% Bernie, 94% Hillary, what ever that means.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:56 pm
@snood,
I admit, I'm only a few degrees more mature than you are. Now, let's stop derailing the thread and behave.
ossobuco

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I completely agree re the militarism issues (many), which is why I still have qualms re voting for her, which I will. I'd redirect the funding (I suppose that is impossible) towards infrastructure and education (at the least).
0 Replies

snood

Sun 22 May, 2016 06:03 pm
@Lash,
Derail this. You can't even control yourself, so don't try to control anyone or anything else. Thread will be fine with or without your guidance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 22 May, 2016 06:15 pm

Robert Reich
5 hrs ·
A new Washington Post/ABC News poll released today finds Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in a statistical tie, with Trump leading Clinton 46 percent to 44 percent among registered voters. That’s an 11 percent swing against Clinton since March.
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll (below) also released today shows Clinton at 46 percent to Trump's 43 percent. Previously she led 50 percent to 39 percent.
Polls this far before an election don’t tell us much. But in this case they do raise a question. Since he cinched the Republican nomination two weeks ago, Trump has been the object of intensely unfavorable press – about his treatment of women, his propensity to lie, his bizarre policy proposals. That’s on top of months of news coverage of his bigotry, megalomania, narcissism, xenophobia, refusals to condemn violence at his rallies, refusals to distance himself from white supremacists, and more lies.
So how can Trump be pulling even with Hillary Clinton? Because Americans who feel they’re being screwed are attracted to an authoritarian bully -- a strongman who will kick ass. The former reality TV star who repeatedly told contestants they were “fired!” appears tough and confrontational enough to take on powerful vested interests. By the same token, any candidate who appears to be the political establishment is at a strong disadvantage. This is Hillary Clinton’s biggest handicap.
Trump has perfected the art of anti-politics at a time when the public detests politics. Which is why so many experts in how politics used to be played have continuously underestimated his chances. And why Trump’s demagoguery -- channeling the prejudices and fears of Americans who have been losing ground -- makes him the most dangerous nominee of a major political party in American history.
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 07:21 pm
Incredibly prescient interview wherein Noam Chomsky predicts the rise of Trump - thanks in large part to Clinton's neoliberal moves. You read it here, folks. Your world is fucked up. Please vote to fix it.

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/19/noam_chomsky_predicted_the_rise_of_donald_trump_six_years_ago_partner/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

In an interview with Chris Hedges in 2010, Noam Chomsky, the world-renowned linguist and dissident intellectual, remarked that he has “never seen anything like this.”

By this, he meant the state of American society, relative to the time in which he was raised — the Depression years — and to the tumultuous state of Europe during that same period.

“It is very similar to late Weimar Germany,” Chomsky said. “The parallels are striking. There was also tremendous disillusionment with the parliamentary system. The most striking fact about Weimar was not that the Nazis managed to destroy the Social Democrats and the Communists but that the traditional parties, the Conservative and Liberal parties, were hated and disappeared. It left a vacuum which the Nazis very cleverly and intelligently managed to take over.”

For decades, Chomsky has warned of the right turn of the Democratic Party, which has, in an effort to win elections, adopted large swaths of the Republican platform and abandoned the form of liberalism that gave us the New Deal and, later, Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society.

“Trump has been viewed with bewilderment by politicians who have divorced themselves from the needs of the people and who have sold them false goods to get ahead. But Trump, as Chomsky’s prescient interview demonstrates, was inevitable.”

This new approach was canonized by Bill Clinton, who triumphantly declared that the “era of big government is over.”

With this declaration, Clinton ushered in a new era of the Democratic Party (the so-called New Democrats), which left behind the working class and cultivated amiable relationships with corporate executives and Wall Street financiers; many of them would eventually occupy key positions in Clinton’s government, and many of them emerged once more during the presidency of Barack Obama.

The philosophical bent of the New Democrats was best summarized by Charles Peters in “A Neoliberal Manifesto,” in which he defines neoliberalism as an ideology perfect for those who “no longer automatically favor unions and big government or oppose the military and big business.”
DrewDad

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:02 pm
@Lash,
So, you're saying that failing to vote Democrat will give rise to a new Nazi party?

Good to know.... Wink
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:07 pm
@DrewDad,
My nose is so cute!
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:15 pm
http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/2330327168

Polls like this are too limited in scope.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote Edgar:
Quote:
A new Washington Post/ABC News poll released today finds Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in a statistical tie, with Trump leading Clinton 46 percent to 44 percent among registered voters. That’s an 11 percent swing against Clinton since March.
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll (below) also released today shows Clinton at 46 percent to Trump's 43 percent. Previously she led 50 percent to 39 percent.

A CBS poll released a few days ago shows Hillary ahead of Trump 47-41.
Builder

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:31 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
A CBS poll released a few days ago shows Hillary ahead of Trump 47-41.

According to parados, polls of fifty people are deadly accurate.
parados

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:45 pm
@Builder,
I said no such thing. But if it makes you feel better to lie about what I said, go ahead and prove to us how petty and small you are.
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:51 pm
@Debra Law,
Oh no, Debra! Revelette will show up any moment and call you a liar. She says everyone's Bernie and Hillary scores must be within 3 percentage points or they are lying.

Because she finds it ODD.

My condolences. I will support you through this tragedy.