I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Lash

Sat 14 May, 2016 07:33 pm
@Blickers,
Do you like this source??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/foreign-governments-gave-millions-to-foundation-while-clinton-was-at-state-dept/2015/02/25/31937c1e-bc3f-11e4-8668-4e7ba8439ca6_story.html

Eventually, will you be able to discuss the serious allegations of corruption against Bill and Hillary Clinton?
snood

Sat 14 May, 2016 07:57 pm
@Blickers,
The "serious allegations of corruption" being referred to here? The possibility that one of the foreign governments giving to the Clinton foundation might one day parlay those gifts into special favors, should Clinton run for office again (because the article is referring to gifts given in 2013).
Doesn't sound quite as ominous when unshrouded of all the insinuation and innuendo, huh?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 14 May, 2016 08:55 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Do you like this source??....
....Eventually, will you be able to discuss the serious allegations of corruption against Bill and Hillary Clinton?

Quote Lash's source:
Quote:
The donation from Algeria for Haiti earthquake relief, they said, arrived without notice within days of the 2010 quake and was distributed as direct aid to assist in relief. Algeria has not donated to the foundation since, officials said.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Boy_receiving_treatment_after_Haiti_earthquake.jpg/800px-Boy_receiving_treatment_after_Haiti_earthquake.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/AcampamentoHaiti2.jpg/800px-AcampamentoHaiti2.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Haitians_pull_out_a_body_from_the_rubbles_of_a_school_%2812_january_2010%29.jpg/800px-Haitians_pull_out_a_body_from_the_rubbles_of_a_school_%2812_january_2010%29.jpg

How dare the Clinton foundation make errors in paperwork while coordinating their relief efforts for earthquake victims!
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 15 May, 2016 08:55 am
Most of these breaking news articles concerning the Clinton's nearly always trace back to some sensationalist "news" source even if eventually a more legitimate news source picks it up. For example:

NY Post’s “Blond Bombshell” Story Is Ripped From Pages Of National Enquirer

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 15 May, 2016 09:03 am
Based on his predilections, Bill's biography would closely fit the tone of the National Enquirer.

His latest "close family friend" is funneled large amounts of money through the front, Energy Pioneer Solutions." Read about it. I'm certain you'll be provided with increasing details as the convention approaches.

That Bill. Can't say he's not dependable.
Blickers

Sun 15 May, 2016 10:42 am
@Lash,
So you just got shot down on one thing against the Clintons, and without even bothering to defend that position further, you just talk about the next anti-Clinton thing on your list that you plan to post today.

Nobody can say you aren't prepared.
Lash

Sun 15 May, 2016 11:51 am
@Blickers,
I admit to being a slow-learner. I've have only just now realized that none of the Clinton loyalists are going to countenance or investigate her her shady, potentially illegal, most definitely anti-democratic behavior. Clinton loyalists just don't care.

You have your handy erroneous Clinton job and murder stats loaded and ready to plaster as an answer to any legitimate criiticism of the Clintons.

It's meaningless for me to engage any of your canned apologist copy and pastes, so I'll do that less often.

I will share old and new claims against her and her husband, as well as share updates on her many corruption investigations.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 15 May, 2016 12:15 pm
There are some who portray Bill Clinton as the messiah and then portray Hillary Clinton as the second coming of the messiah. All criticism is summarily dismissed and the criticizer is condemned. Thumbs down. If Hillary does not win the election, it won't be the fault of those who blindly supported her and the corrupt system that anointed her as the heir apparent ... no, the Clintonites have already announced that the supporters of Bernie Sanders will be the blame.

Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are corrupt. Neither party serves the people, they both serve their corporate masters. The carefully crafted illusion of democracy in America has been destroyed. The curtain has been pulled back and we see the Great Oz doesn't exist. We see the levers and smokescreens that are manipulated to give us the false impression that "we the people" are in control when we're not. That is the evil we're protesting. Again, I won't vote for evil.

Lash

Sun 15 May, 2016 12:38 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

There are some who portray Bill Clinton as the messiah and then portray Hillary Clinton as the second coming of the messiah. All criticism is summarily dismissed and the criticizer is condemned. Thumbs down. If Hillary does not win the election, it won't be the fault of those who blindly supported her and the corrupt system that anointed her as the heir apparent ... no, the Clintonites have already announced that the supporters of Bernie Sanders will be the blame.

Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are corrupt. Neither party serves the people, they both serve their corporate masters. The carefully crafted illusion of democracy in America has been destroyed. The curtain has been pulled back and we see the Great Oz doesn't exist. We see the levers and smokescreens that are manipulated to give us the false impression that "we the people" are in control when we're not. That is the evil we're protesting. Again, I won't vote for evil.

Hear, hear!!
Once the apologists stop being used, we can take the reins of this out of control frat bus.

Debra Law

Sun 15 May, 2016 02:12 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Debra Law wrote:

Hear, hear!!
Once the apologists stop being used, we can take the reins of this out of control frat bus.

They use their computer mouse to thumb down dissent on message boards. But it is clear they have been drinking the Kool-Aid for years. Sad, but true. The Republicans have been preaching their "trickle down" theory for decades, but the wealth of this nation has been accumulated into the hands of a few while the middle class gets poorer and poorer. The Democrats tell us to be patient. They preach "incremental change". But, the standard of living for most of us has been going down, down, down for decades.

For those in denial, I recommend this article:

https://www.quora.com/Who-should-be-the-next-president-and-why/answer/Ian-Jackson-16

Quote:
There's a huge gap between everyone having the same amount of wealth and everyone having enough money to live on. The USA was founded on the ideas of John Locke and it's to John Locke that we must look to in order to answer the question 'what is wrong with the top 1% hoarding so much wealth?' Many people seem to think that there are only two options --the current status quo or Communism. Such an observation is the product of a facile mind; there is of course, much latitude between these two extremes and where one finds latitude one can also find an equilibrium.

Lash

Sun 15 May, 2016 02:20 pm
@Debra Law,
I've probably overshared this, but I'll do it one more time because it's so appropriately connected to your comments.

Requiem for The American Dream. On Netflix. Chomsky talks about the stages of loss of democracy and equality - and the slide down to neoliberalism, a shitstorm of misery. We are nearly there. You likely know Bernie Sanders has been sounding the same alarm bells as Chomsky for 30 years.

https://youtu.be/zI_Ik7OppEI

Debra Law

Sun 15 May, 2016 02:47 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I've probably overshared this, but I'll do it one more time because it's so appropriately connected to your comments.

Requiem for The American Dream. On Netflix. Chomsky talks about the stages of loss of democracy and equality - and the slide down to neoliberalism, a shitstorm of misery. We are nearly there. You likely know Bernie Sanders has been sounding the same alarm bells as Chomsky for 30 years.

https://youtu.be/zI_Ik7OppEI

Thank you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 15 May, 2016 02:54 pm
Apparently many people here did not get the memo, telling that doing the same thing the same way every time, even though it never gave satisfactory results in the past, will not give a differing result this time.
Debra Law

Sun 15 May, 2016 03:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Apparently many people here did not get the memo, telling that doing the same thing the same way every time, even though it never gave satisfactory results in the past, will not give a differing result this time.

I've been trying to identify and understand the "neoliberalism shitstorm" that Lash referred to above, and finally found this article that explains it in a manner that should be enlightening to all:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Neoliberalism – the ideology at the root of all our problems

0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 15 May, 2016 04:04 pm
Here's another:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/12/the_democrats_have_no_soul_the_clintons_neoliberalism_and_how_the_peoples_party_lost_its_way/
0 Replies

parados

Sun 15 May, 2016 04:31 pm
@Lash,
The same Saudis that donate to the Clinton Foundation have paid Trump to use his name on buildings in Saudi Arabia.
Lash

Sun 15 May, 2016 05:11 pm
@parados,
Is that ok with you?

parados

Sun 15 May, 2016 05:20 pm
@Lash,
Until you can provide evidence that it has caused influence, you are doing nothing but spouting innuendo.

Did you notice that Sanders has been accused by the FEC of possibly taking money for his campaign from foreign sources? Is that OK with you? (Or should we just ignore any innuendo that he is being influenced by foreign money because you like him and dislike Hillary?)

My standard applied to all is without evidence you can't claim influence. Let's see if you apply your standard equally.
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/main/2016/3/14/bernie-sanders-potentially-illegal-campaign-contributions
revelette2

Sun 15 May, 2016 06:20 pm
@parados,
What gets me is this line:

Quote:
Bernie's campaign line has been to dismiss these concerns. So many people are donating to us, they say, it's mighty hard to keep the books straight on all of them.

If he has such a hard time keeping up with his business, why should we trust him with ours?
roger

Sun 15 May, 2016 07:10 pm
@revelette2,
A fair point, and I wish he hadn't used the word 'mighty'. It's almost as bad as a politician saying 'folks', which always provokes my protect the billfold reflex.

Edit: That wasn't his word. Sorry Bernie.
0 Replies