I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

parados

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn't realize Red was an exclusive to Bernie color? The T-shirts don't look anything alike other than they are both red. To claim this is some impersonation scheme would imply that Bernie voters are too stupid to read slogans on T-shirts.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 06:29 pm
@engineer,
She obviously lied when she said she hadn't made up her mind on TPP. She told the press (and the electorate) she'd wait until the Obama administration made the call on TPP before she made up her mind about it.

The truth is she'd been an architect and lobbying Congress three years ago for the passage.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jun/14/john-podesta/hillary-clinton-has-been-very-clear-trade-campaign/

The Secretary of Lobbyist State. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/02/hillary-calls-for-lobbyist-shaming-new-hampshire

smh You guys should stop defending this lying gas bag.
snood

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 07:38 pm
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not motivated out of some dimwitted need to bend others to my will and "scare" or "bully" them into voting for Hillary. I think the most accurate description of the nature of my motivation would be abject fear of the obvious destruction that we'd invite by putting Trump or Cruz in the White House. I don't expect anyone else to look at Cruz and Trump and see the absolute monsters I do, but I would ask people to believe me when I say that's what I see. When I look at Cruz and Trump I see at least one, and maybe more senseless wars laying waste to thousands of American lives and billions in dollars. I see an immediate all out effort to roll back gains in healthcare, women's reproductive rights, the right to marry and income inequality, I see a doubling down in militarized police departments and an attempt to further weaken existing gun control. With a Trump or Cruz as president, I see a country given tacit permission to be more hateful, and less tolerant to everyone who isn't heterosexual white male.

I don't have any earthly reason to want to infringe on anyone's free will, or their right to an individual and private vote, or their freedom to hate Hillary with every breath they draw. More power to them. Long may it wave, and vive le difference. My motives for engaging in this conversation are two: the abject fear I've mentioned, and the desire to motivate Democrats to pull together and not apart. From what I can see,Bernie and millions of Bernie followers, and Hillary and millions of Hillary followers understand that there is something bigger at stake than getting a particular Dem candidate in - that's keeping those two (I can't take Rubio seriously) OUT.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:13 pm
@snood,
I see Trump as a racial bigot. What else do we need to know? His claim to build a wall speaks volumes of racism.
0 Replies

engineer

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:58 pm
@Lash,
See said there were changes from when she left the State Department and she would wait for the final bill. I wouldn't have a problem if she supported the TPP in it's final form, but regardless, your link only showed that the Clinton Department of State was doing exactly what it was supposed to do, negotiating and lobbying the legislative branch on the President's priorities. I guess she ran a pretty good ship.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:10 pm
OK, that was a nasty bit of spin politics: a few minutes ago, I'd posted an article claiming Sanders supporters boo'd down a Spanish-language translator and chanted "English only!"
That was not, in fact, the case. Bernie's camp objected to a particular individual, in full Hillary gear who was there to caucus for Hillary, being the sole translator at the caucus. They called for an alternate translator, or one for each side -- and there were several capable of fillig the role. The *event staff* moderating announced "since there's no agreement we'll continue in English only".
Blickers

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:23 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote Debra Law:
Quote:
Fear mongering is still fear mongering, regardless of whether calling something what it actually is somehow loses its efficacy.

Sorry, saying that an opposing party will do something drastic to Social Security and Medicare, not to mention other safety net programs, is not fear mongering no matter how may times you time you try to say so. The Republicans are openly debating the drastic changes to both programs, so "fear mongering" as a label is just silly.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:50 pm
@Blickers,
It's fear mongering, because one person can't make that decision.
Blickers

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you have a Republican House and a Republican Senate, and they pass the bills to make radical changes to Social Security and Medicare, and a Democrat is in the White House, that bill doesn't get signed. The Republicans will have to override the veto, which is extremely difficult to do. If a Republican is in the White House, those changes become law. In that sense, it does come down to one person.

Not having that happen is worth voting against the Republican alone. If people start voting for third parties or stay home because their favorite Democrat did not get the nomination, the above scenario is almost certain to happen.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:05 pm
@Blickers,
That's the best way to destroy the republican party. It will result in a good percentage of seniors out of homes and onto the streets. Many seniors today don't have enough income to pay their rent and buy food.
maporsche

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's a pretty ******* cruel way to prove a point
Blickers

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But the danger is that if these changes go through, they might bankrupt the system so badly that it never gets back to where it was. Even conservatives have said that is what Bush's private fund diversion would have done. The GOP has been battering these programs for over a decade, and if anything they are getting more and more urgent to get rid of them. We cannot afford to let a Republican be in the White House for even one term for this reason alone.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:11 pm
@maporsche,
Those are facts. If you can prove otherwise, please present them.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:17 pm
@Blickers,
Congress have known for a very long time about this problem, but they're afraid to take action. There are two options to fix it. It can be a combination of both ideas. 1. Extend the age of benefit, and 2. Tax at higher income levels.
Lash

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Huerta is taking a lot of heat from her comment.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not disputing the truth of your comment, I'm questioning the morality of withholding your vote from Hilary, de-facto supporting the Republican candidate, knowing full well that in doing what you posted will come to pass.

You're ability to read a post and follow a thread has taken a turn for the worse (and it was never very good to begin with).
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 01:10 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Oh. I said somewhere on a2k that Jill Stein is my second choice.

Another option is writing in our candidate's name: Bernie Sanders

See this recent blog:

If Superdelegates Steal This Election From Bernie Sanders, I'll Write-In Bernie's Name

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/if-superdelegates-steal-election-bernie-sanders_b_9234546.html
Blickers

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 01:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone imposter:
Quote:
Congress have known for a very long time about this problem, but they're afraid to take action. There are two options to fix it. It can be a combination of both ideas. 1. Extend the age of benefit, and 2. Tax at higher income levels.

I'll go along with that, but there is a third factor-if the economy continues to improve, present tax levels will produce more revenue as more people get Full Time jobs.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 01:50 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Debra Law:
Quote:
Fear mongering is still fear mongering, regardless of whether calling something what it actually is somehow loses its efficacy.

Sorry, saying that an opposing party will do something drastic to Social Security and Medicare, not to mention other safety net programs, is not fear mongering no matter how may times you time you try to say so. The Republicans are openly debating the drastic changes to both programs, so "fear mongering" as a label is just silly.

Perhaps the Republicans will dismantle all safety nets, but so what? The Democrats are doing the same thing. Perhaps death to our middle class might be faster under Republican rule, but the sick patient is still at death's door under Democrat rule. The only difference between Hillary and a Republican candidate is that Hillary tells us what she thinks we want to hear. The alleged benefits of Hillary being in the White House vs. a Republican in the White House are all illusory. Basically, I'm fed up with both parties and their stranglehold on this country through divide and conquer tactics.
Blickers

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:17 am
@Debra Law,
Quote Debra Law:
Quote:
Perhaps the Republicans will dismantle all safety nets, but so what? The Democrats are doing the same thing. Perhaps death to our middle class might be faster under Republican rule, but the sick patient is still at death's door under Democrat rule.

I haven't seen any major lessening of the Social Security and Medicare programs. Whatever small concessions were made were done so because the Democratic President had to deal with a House and Senate sworn to opposition and the fact that the reserve funds for these programs were lessened by the crash, (11 Million Full Time jobs lost = less revenue coming in than under normal circumstances). Of course, the Republicans jump on this as saying the revenue will never get back up, which is untrue. This is as nothing compared to what will happen to these programs if the Republicans get in charge of all both chambers of Congress and the White House. The temporary and minor changes that have occurred will be as nothing compared to the monetary meat-axe the Republicans wield. And they're just itching to do it.

The Reagan voters are on a slow decline percentagewise, with younger voters unimpressed with their philosophies, by and large. I see no reason to let the Vandals through the gate now when more and more reinforcements are on the way every presidential election.
0 Replies