I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

layman

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

No, he said "and some might be good people."

That's the wrong approach. You assume most people are good, and you vet people to make sure they don't have a criminal background before they are allowed to migrate to our country.

That's the approach we take in this country: you are innocent until proven guilty of a crime. We do not have a police state. We enjoy many freedoms in this country supported by a criminal justice system that works.

He wasn't talking about ANYBODY who submitted to "vetting," or anyone who was "allowed" (to use your words) to enter the country. He was talking about ipso facto criminals who entered our country illegally.

0 Replies

Ceili

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:25 pm
@layman,
I have. Millions have done so, on repeat. The message is pretty clear.
layman

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:27 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I have. Millions have done so, on repeat. The message is pretty clear.

Heh, OK.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:33 pm
@layman,
Quote:
FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said...

No human endeavor is 100% proof. The big issue is whether our country should allow refugees to come to our country. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Don't forget, we are all product of refugees. Refugees are necessary for our demographics both economically and population-wise.

White supremacist thinking is outdated, bigoted, and wrong. All the immigrants from different parts of the world made our country what it is today.

We attract the best and brightest from around the world to Silicon Valley where we live. It's the industry that helps our local economy in many ways, makes California one of the richest if it were a country, and helps to maintain and improve the health and well-being of not only the US, but around the world.

California has some of the best universities in the world; Stanford, CIT, Cal Berkeley, USC, Cal Poly, UCLA, and many others. Many students from around the world attend these universities. Many stay here to create new businesses.

layman

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"You don't throw out the baby with the bath water."

If the "baby" here is impoverished people who will be completely dependent upon government support, and the "bathwater" is the type of terrorist who will drive heavy trucks through large crowds, then I would say: "Hell, yeah, throw out the whole kit and caboodle."

There are other ways to grant humanitarian aid to those in need short of bringing them into this country.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:50 pm
@layman,
In this country, we assist "impoverished people." It's done through government programs and charitable organizations. That includes the handicapped, seniors, the unemployed, and children.
You always seem to emphasize the negatives, and you're wrong.

I speak from personal experience. Our mother raised four children alone, and we lived on government welfare.

All of my brothers and I served in the US military.
To make a long story short, my older brother became an attorney, and worked for the state. My younger brother became a doctor, and also served two terms in the state legislature. My sister was a nurse, and started a senior center in Hawaii. I got my degree in Accounting, and worked 88% of my working career in management positions.
layman

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 03:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

In this country, we assist "impoverished people." It's done through government programs and charitable organizations. That includes the handicapped, seniors, the unemployed, and children.

Well, Al, look at your own introductory phrase ("in this country").

I agree with you, but how is that relevant? The people we're talking about aren't in our country. It is our duty to support all 6 billion people in the world that live in other countries, ya figure?
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Nov, 2016 03:37 pm
@layman,
Here, read this. You might learn something about our country.
https://www.state.gov/j/prm/ra/
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 09:09 pm
http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Ambassador-to-Libya-meme-770x484.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 07:39 am
More proof Hillary and her paid minions cheated Bernie.

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/06/hillary-super-pac-draft-oped/
hightor

Sat 6 May, 2017 07:54 am
@Lash,
First thing, the article doesn't implicate Clinton. Second, it doesn't demonstrate that Sanders, or anyone else for that matter, was "cheated". Was the behavior unsavory, dishonest, and of questionable legality? Yes, of course, but penning a critical article and putting someone else's name on it hardly qualifies as "proof" that the DNC defrauded Sanders.
Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 12:58 pm
@hightor,
Yeah, and we shouldn't look at her emails because Russia, and raising millions from countries that behead women and sexually mutilate them is a feminist act, and we should only believe victims of sexual abuse if the abuser was not Bill Clinton. Yeah, I know. Haha.

The world is on to her, and no amount of clintonspeak will change that. But, I expected somebody to try it. Nice job.
revelette1

Sat 6 May, 2017 02:58 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The world is on to her

Don't you think the world has moved on from Clinton? Even her supporters don't want to see her, it is kind of sad, but there it is.
hightor

Sat 6 May, 2017 03:16 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Yeah, and we shouldn't look at her emails because Russia, and raising millions from countries that behead women and sexually mutilate them is a feminist act, and we should only believe victims of sexual abuse if the abuser was not Bill Clinton.

What brought that on? I just pointed out a defect in your argument, specific to this case and nothing else.
Quote:
The world is on to her...

Huh? In reality, it's those people who are still obsessed with her who continue to prop her up. It's their hot air which fills her balloon. Nice job.
Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 03:27 pm
@hightor,
She's tried to peek her mole head out of her hole accepting responsibility for losing to Trump by blaming misogyny, Putin, and her hairdresser.

She's now saying she wants to start a PAC ($$$) to be part of the resistance.

She's what I'm resisting. Every time her dirty mole head pops up for $.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 03:29 pm
@revelette1,
She's back for more money. I'll always let you know when that happens.

You're welcome.
Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 03:43 pm
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/04/hillary-clinton-launch-political-group-237999

One of many articles citing her newest plan to squeeze money from the world.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:28 pm
@Lash,
So you think she is going to put any money she receives in her pocketbook? More than likely she will use it for other democrats running, not sure why that is a bad thing. But if you want to continue with rants of her, well, go for it.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:34 pm
@revelette1,
Ha!
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 05:09 pm
@revelette1,
You think she's NOT going to put it in her pocket?

Ha!!