Render Unto Caesar

margo

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 02:19 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

I will admit I’ve grown attached to the rainbow-feathered pigeon.

These Macaws are not for just anyone. Having one is the equivalent of having a one-year-old child in the house. Drunk

I bet you never thought, when it was just you and Antonio, that you'd end up on the other side of the country, with 4 more kids (sort of!) Laughing Cool
Adam4Adam

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 05:08 pm
He's beautiful Morgan! Very Happy
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 03:27 pm
@margo,
Yeah whoever thought there would be a Puerto Rican living in CA Cool
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 05:35 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

MMarciano wrote:

I will admit I’ve grown attached to the rainbow-feathered pigeon.

These Macaws are not for just anyone. Having one is the equivalent of having a one-year-old child in the house. Drunk

I bet you never thought, when it was just you and Antonio, that you'd end up on the other side of the country, with 4 more kids (sort of!) Laughing Cool

Just five years ago I never would have thought I’d be married to a Jewish guy, living in California with three children, three dogs, a cat, a tortoise, goldfish, a hairless guinea pig and a rainbow colored pigeon. Drunk

But I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:18 pm
@MMarciano,
The guinea pig died, remember? Sad
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:49 pm
@jcboy,
I missed the guinea pig, I think. I've long liked them.
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Antonio had a pet hairless guinea pig but he only lived a few months then we found him dead in his cage. We don’t know what happened to him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 07:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Back in 1902 or there abouts, I was a student in bacteriology and we were taken as a class to Olive View Hospital. This was in the early sixties, when TB was still a giant deal. (I'd worked on a survey about it as a teen in the late fifties). The thing was, we walked into a gigantic room filled with guinea pigs in pens. I can still almost see it like a photograph, and hear it.

Later, I worked with guinea pigs in a milder way, nothing awful, not nothing, but, still.. anyway, that was all for producing antiglobulins.
My boss let us like the guinea pigs, looking back, tacky science, I suppose. Two of us carried them in our lab coat pockets once in a while, so dear.

Not long later, I started with the sneezing, but that could have had many other triggers.

Olive View Hospital was a mess after an earthquake.
jcboy

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
It could be worse, we could have this bird in the house Cool

jcboy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:26 pm
@jcboy,
Sleepy Caesar.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/14ac5s.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:29 pm
@jcboy,
handsome boy

(has he chipped his bowls? and is that a new toy?)
jcboy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:53 pm
@ehBeth,
That is his fourth set of bowls on that perch, the perch isn't going to last much longer. I've been looking for a new one but I don't care for the large round metal ones. I may have to make him a perch. And the toys? they last about a week before he chews them up. but he has to have something to play with.

I may buy him some dog toys, they last longer! Razz
margo

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 02:38 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I may buy him some dog toys, they last longer! Razz

They may last longer with dogs, but.....
MMarciano

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 04:59 pm
@margo,
There are not many toys that are going to last long around that bird, he's got 2500 lbs. of pressure in that beak!
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 02:56 am
@MMarciano,
Back on about page 2, I made mention of friends of mine and their parrot called Piggy.
They had a huge Labrador/German Shepherd cross who demolished toy after toy, until he picked up a square block of vulcanised rubber from the roadside one day, which turned out to be one of those units that housed "cats eyes" to light up the road at night.

He had that for months until the parrot arrived. The parrot shredded it in a matter of days.

Keep your underwear on when round the house is my advice.

jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:26 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yeah I don’t think toys are going to last long around him. The first toy I bought him was a wooden ladder, it lasted about two days before he chewed it to pieces. Cool
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:53 pm
@jcboy,
We're coming out in June for a visit, please put the bird in a kennel that way I'll feel safe! Confused
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:57 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Uh oh.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 08:28 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
He's now over there hanging out on that damn politics forum, catch him there! Rolling Eyes
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 06:40 pm
@MMarciano,
Where you whores been? No Facebook nothing! Confused