What will you do when you win $6oo or 700 million in the Powerball?

glendajdelarosa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, I'll share my winning to charities. i will also share the winning to the members of my family.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 09:48 pm
Powerball is up to a billion again....
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 09:52 pm
@oralloy,
I'll wait until it hits 2 billio.
Lash

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 04:02 am
Find a lovely rural village in Britain, buy a large farm, populate with loads of animals. Plant diverse crops. Gainfully employ a couple of excellent vets, herbalists, health-oriented agriculture students to run the place using best practices. Create an on-site educational facility to educate people how to be self-sufficient and healthy.

Support the village.

Fight tyranny.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I responded to this question back when it was first started, so with little additional information, I will repeat:

"I would get an unlisted phone number, hire security, engage a great accountant and a tax advisor and 2 lawyers. One to take care of my legal issues and the other to investigate the other lawyer to make sure he/she isn't fleecing me.

After establishing scholarships for family's children college, paying off my son's mortgage and a few others who have mortgages, we would go on a kick ass vacation and schedule and pay for all the relatives who will be irritated they didn't have the winning ticket to go on a separate vacation of their choice.

Then we would buy my son and his wife new cars, a new house and buy two or more outrageously overpriced and over equipped big his and her's Audi.

We would create a no kill shelter for unwanted and stray animals, and give ASPCA a pot load of money. Also provide funds to charities that actually do something useful with the money they receive and don't create huge wealth cushions for the executives who 'manage' those funds.

Install a better security system.

But I haven't given this a great deal of thought, so I should devote some time to this matter and get back later. "

The only things I would add would be to contribute much more heavily to the "I hate liars" groups that exist already but have not gotten nervy enough to heartily and vociferously condemn liars in politics. All the politeness has gone wasting on the liars.

Maybe I'll think of a few more things as the day wears on.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 07:50 pm
Bought my two little tickets tonight.

My daddy used to buy a couple of tickets when the prize got notably big. I’ve only bought about four times in my lifetime (once last week). He told me his numbers months before he died.

I always play daddy’s numbers.🙂

Edgar, if I ever win, I’ll come drop a few on ya.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 08:22 pm
@Lash,
I would appreciate a nod from any big time winners. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 08:56 pm
I play twice a week, regardless of jackpot size, using a portion of the money I previously spent on alcohol and tobacco.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 11:31 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Find a lovely rural village in Britain, buy a large farm, populate with loads of animals. Plant diverse crops. Gainfully employ a couple of excellent vets, herbalists, health-oriented agriculture students to run the place using best practices. Create an on-site educational facility to educate people how to be self-sufficient and healthy.

Support the village.

Fight tyranny.

Addendum:

Support Truthdig, Truthout, what Glenn Greenwald is doing, Lee Camp, Lee Fong, FredHampton Leftists, and anybody else holding firm to people- , animal- and planet-saving policies.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2022 04:57 am
I'll be spending it all on buying new tickets – maybe I'll win a billion next time!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2022 06:06 am
@Lash,
They'll bloody love that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 12:44 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I'll wait until it hits 2 billio.

Halfway there already. We're now at one and a half.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 06:06 am
@oralloy,
I'm getting ready to buy THE TICKET. Just a few more days.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Bought 5 tickets this morning.
~
Dreaming of $1.5B Powerball prize? Consider not taking cash
Lash

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 01:05 pm
Going to get my two tickets tonight after tutoring.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 11:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Associated Press wrote:
Dreaming of $1.5B Powerball prize? Consider not taking cash

I'll definitely choose the yearly payments if I win.

The first yearly payment after taxes is more than 10 million dollars, with the yearly payments increasing by 5% each year thereafter. I don't think I'd run out of money.

And if I die before receiving the last payments, my next of kin will get a nice surprise when my will is read. I will also go to court to try to accept my prize anonymously so hopefully no relatives will have known before that point.
Lash

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2022 02:54 pm
@oralloy,
I’d love to do it that way for my kids, but I’m afraid they’d find a way to beat my kids out of it after I die.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 12:19 am
1.90 billion
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 03:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
It'll likely be over 2 billion by the time of the drawing, so this may be your moment if you are still waiting for 2 billion.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 04:07 pm
@oralloy,
My joke post is catching up on me. I have long been buying two tickets every week. It costs less than my alcohol and nicotene habits of the past. I occasionally get the powerball and one number.