What will you do when you win $6oo or 700 million in the Powerball?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2022 09:55 am
@tsarstepan,
Just an amuse-bouche from this wonderful article.
What would I do if I won $1.9bn? Get petty revenge on my nemesis
Quote:
What’s the point of being filthy rich if you can’t indulge your grudges? If I ever scoop the US’s Powerball jackpot, the world will fear my racoon-based vengeance
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 09:37 pm
What's odd to me - People who only play when the jackpot reaches at least half a billion, as if 30 or forty million is simply not worth trying to get.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 08:35 am
@tsarstepan,
Is there a point where a large enough win might buy enough tickets to keep on winning?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2023 10:52 am
Mega Million is up to 1.35 billion for this Friday the 13th drawing, nobody is going to win, bad luck day Cool
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2023 12:25 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Mega Million is up to 1.35 billion for this Friday the 13th drawing, nobody is going to win, bad luck day Cool

I see what the Universe did there. Wink
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2023 11:41 pm
@jcboy,
I asked mr. G'bag what would he want to do if he won all that money, he said it might be too stressful to handle. All that money, how do you handle it, how do you remain anonymous, what to do, what to do. Personally I think I could relax for about 15 minutes and then would be calling experts to help handle the 'aggravation' of big pile of money. Hell, I'd use fake names to rest in nice hotels while we planned what to do with the money. Make sure everybody's kids got a sum of money to finish college or trade school, pay off mortgages, help out relatives and several well liked folks who need a break. Of course they're a lot of charities we support.......................plus who knows, maybe I'll put an elevator in the house so my knee doesn't kill me shlepping up and down the stairs.

So, jc, I think Friday could be a lucky day for somebody, maybe it will be one of us!!!!!!! We could have a massive party for everybody.....
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:44 am
Think of everyone in your life who deserve a leg up; pay lunch debt for schools/families in poor communities; buy new, interesting books for libraries in poor schools; donate to kill shelters to extend the lives of animals, feed them better food, and create nicer environments for them—pay for ads to help animals find homes. Spay and neuter shelter animals. Hire people to clean up yards of elderly people. Buy and staff affordable housing for elderly / poor people.

You’ll still be a millionaire.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2023 12:46 pm
@Lash,
It still makes me laugh when Liberals vote down liberal ideas. Makes me wonder about their sincerity.
Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2023 03:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
LOL, don’t wonder. They’re actually republicans—mad at me because I make it obvious.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2023 04:22 pm
Pay off whatever politician necessary to get them to do something really decent.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2023 05:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
You don't have to be so clueless, it's not compulsory.
jcboy

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2023 07:42 am
@glitterbag,
It was a lucky day for someone in Maine, they won 1.35 billion Razz
glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2023 08:33 am
@jcboy,
Wow!!!! Well somebody is celebrating like crazy. 😎
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2023 09:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You don't have to be so clueless, it's not compulsory.

I think it is Izzy. You never learn anything important until you realize the full depth of your cluelessness.
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2023 11:39 am
I would treat everyone on able2know to a lovely cruise. Very Happy

No need to pack any suitcases apart from the first lot of essentials, as we could all treat ourselves to a whole new wardrobe of clothes/shoes etc. Very Happy

Also I would give any help needed to family and friends as well as give a lump sum to two charities close to my heart.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 09:39 am
And someone in Washington State is happy today, they won 747 million in the powerball last night.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 08:59 am
Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $1.25 billion after no one hits the top prize
Quote:
The Mega Millions jackpot increased to an estimated $1.25 billion after no one beat the odds Tuesday night and won the massive lottery prize.

The winning numbers drawn were: 8, 24, 30, 45 ,61, and the yellow ball: 12.

No one has won the Mega Millions jackpot since April 18, allowing it to grow larger and larger. The $1.25 billion prize is now one of the largest in U.S. history. Tuesday night's drawing for $1.1 billion was the 30th straight without a winner.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 09:17 am
@tsarstepan,
If we win, I'm keeping it a secret.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 04:32 pm
Try to figure out how that happened, I never buy tickets.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 04:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
We buy them every once in a while (not exactly big gamblers here)