Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 04:47 pm
@blatham,
Ok, then!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 11:07 am
@blatham,
Quote:
they are just waiting to plaster a hammer and sickle onto every image of Sanders they publish.

Let them shout and cry all they want. Even Trump has dumped FAUX Noose now.
blatham

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 01:47 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't think so, Olivier. Fox is far, far too important to the Republican and conservative cause(s) to allow it to collapse or even to lose significant audience. Trump can and has caused damage but it isn't a terminal blow by any means. And if Trump wins the candidacy, he'll need Fox.

Past that, in a war between Trump and Murdoch, Trump won't win.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 02:24 pm
Congratulations to the daughter and proud father!

Well, considering how little press Sanders has gotten throughout his campaign, it's a small miracle he made it this far and I actually believe he'll be the winner in Iowa. The media is very manipulative in this country and constantly spits out poll after poll that are favorable to Clinton whereas ordinary folks and especially the millenials are enticed by Sanders. I think this election will see a new record of young voters heading to the polls and frankly, if a 70+ men can achieve that, he's got my vote too!!
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 09:49 pm
@blatham,
The books title is?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 09:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
I hope this huge influx of young voters translates to dem reps and senators otherwise it will be wasted effort.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 01:22 am
@blatham,
FAUX speaks to the republicans, who will not vote Sanders anyway, so we shouldn't worry about their coverage. Honestly, if the left start to pick its candidates based on what FAUX news will say of them, then FAUX has won already. Screw them. Obama was elected twice in soite of a relentless disinformation campaign from those guys. Now their own darling is giving them the finger.

Are you undrt the impression they will not trash Hillary left right and center?
Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 01:30 am
@Olivier5,
What Fox says does not matter. The REAL risk for a Sanders candidacy is what the so calked liberal press will say. The NYT, Daily Beast, MSNBC etc. But since the alternative will likely be Trump or Cruz, the left and center left media will have no choice but support Sanders.
blatham

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 03:53 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
The books title is?

"The Olive Project" is the working title. But big steps from here to publication.
revelette2

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 07:07 am
Obama rallies House Democrats with fiery partisan speech

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 04:02 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

"The Olive Project" is the working title. But big steps from here to publication.

Oh now that's a good title... Smile
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 04:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

What Fox says does not matter. The REAL risk for a Sanders candidacy is what the so calked liberal press will say. The NYT, Daily Beast, MSNBC etc. But since the alternative will likely be Trump or Cruz, the left and center left media will have no choice but support Sanders.

Not that many people follow the left and center-left media. It also matters what the TV commercials say. Trump will outspend Sanders 8 to 1 there. Low-information voters will watch that crap and then do their best to vote "for the greed that made America great, and against the creeping cancer of Communism."

Bloomberg will be another problem for Sanders in the general election, and another boon for Trump. He will take away a huge number of votes, but no more than half, since Bernie's backers are loyal as it comes. He and Sanders will split the Democratic vote, winning the election for Trump.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:26 am
@Kolyo,
Yes but Bloomberg will be a problem for Clinton too.
revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 08:44 am
@Olivier5,
She was liked enough in New York to be in the senate for years 2001 to 2009 when she then became Secretary of State. I think she will do well in New York against anyone. She actually won the New York delegate count against Obama in 2008, Hillary 139 to Obama's 93.

Democratic Party presidential primaries, 2008

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:49 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

She was liked enough in New York to be in the senate for years 2001 to 2009 when she then became Secretary of State. I think she will do well in New York against anyone. She actually won the New York delegate count against Obama in 2008, Hillary 139 to Obama's 93.

Democratic Party presidential primaries, 2008

Yeah, NY City is in the bag and the rest of the state really doesn't matter.
Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:56 am
@McGentrix,
I wonder if NY is being sold to the highest bidder these days like Chicago?
oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 06:54 pm

The last Iowa Poll before the caucus has been released.

I think I copied all the percentages correctly, but in case of human error I also linked the poll.

Democrats:
Clinton: 45%
Sanders: 42%
O'Malley: 3%

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/01/30/clinton-keeps-slim-edge-over-sanders-latest-iowa-poll/79537020/

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/01/30/closer-look-democrats-iowa-poll-results/79571562/

Republicans:
Trump: 28%
Cruz: 23%
Rubio: 15%
Carson: 10%
Rand Paul: 5%
Chris Christie: 3%
Bush: 2%

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/01/30/donald-trump-reclaims-lead-latest-iowa-poll/79562322/

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/01/30/closer-look-gops-iowa-poll-results/79566664/

Quick note: I think everyone knows my longstanding prediction that the 2013 gun control debacle will result in a guaranteed Republican victory in 2016. It's starting to look to me like Rubio is going to be the nominee who will be the beneficiary of that guaranteed victory (although I am not 100% sure of the nomination like I am of the election).

Another quick note: My computer is now kaput (as I predicted a few months ago in the "missing posters" thread). I probably won't be posting much until I build a new one, although I will likely be able to find my way to someone else's computer to make a quick post if there is something that I really really want to comment about (as with this post for example).

Oh, and for what it's worth, no one in the modern political era has won the White House without coming in the top 3 in Iowa. No one in the modern political era has won their party's nomination without being in the top 4.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 07:05 pm
@Lash,
Highest bidder? No. She carpet bagged her way to a Senate seat here because NYC wanted her celebrity status to stand up for NYS where **** basically did nothing other than garner experience for her Presidential run. That was the only reason she ran for Senator and NY "conveniently" had an open seat for her. The whole thing was rigged. Hollywood couldn't have written a better script for the Clinton's.

Hillary whored herself out to the highest bidders in an effort to run for President. I just hope the American people see her for what and who she really is.
Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 07:30 pm
@McGentrix,
I hear that, but I think Bill had already set Glass-Steagall in place and made other changes for the explicit purpose of making a place for HRC in NYC. He bought Wall Street support to get Hillary's 'in.' I think he carefully laid groundwork that would get him paid far into the future, but he wanted Hillary in place to cash in.

Really. Why do people think Wall Street pays the Clintons such ungodly sums for "speeches"? Is anyone really going to act like this is legitimate?

I'm certain Chelsea or her husband will be in place before long to keep the Clinton moneytrain flowing unless someone like Bernie Sanders closes up all the floodgates Clinton left open.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/28/hillary-clinton-wall-street-bailout

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/01/16/clinton-record-wall-street-laissez-faire/Z2a3iOsj40wryeRN2iT6qK/story.html

3 million for "speeches" just on Wall Street in one year. Don't even TRY to sell that shite to me.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/13/investing/hillary-clinton-wall-street/
0 Replies