Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

cicerone imposter

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Arm chair generals usually don't do any activity to support their cause. It's the captains and majors who do the work. Since I'm a corporal, my political activities are limited to the ballot box.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:06 pm
@McGentrix,
Well, you got me there.

I am protesting against people who DO things. That's as true as can be.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:48 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

blatham wrote:

Don't laugh. This is serious **** these patriots are up to here. They have been driven damn near into the deprivations of severe poverty by government. You can see this easily just in noting their $70,000 pick up trucks (fancy wheels and manly truck-doodads on top of that).

So by using the language you use here to belittle the fine people holed up in Oregon, what is you are hoping to do? Entertain your audience? Maybe get some of those precious thumb's up? You and your like minded fellows keep doing that like the people you are talking about come here, read your posts and go back all flummoxed about how "them darn liberals are talkin' 'bout us again on the inter webs."

I think the only reason you share these stories and commentary is to show everyone how superior you are to the people actually doing something instead of just bitching about stuff on the net. How dare someone be so principled as to actually DO something?! They could sit at home and arm-chair general it all over the internet instead. Everyone knows that accomplishes stuff... :rolleyes:

Oh please Mc, these assholes invade a bird sanctuary and thats not worthy of ridicule? Vanilla-ISIS dopes are tooling around federal property driving back-hoes that the American people bought on land the American people maintain, and claim it belongs to the people of Oregon??? Oregon is not a separate Country, and Oregon didn't invite them to squat on the neighboring bird sanctuary. Oh no, no, no!!!! These are not salt of the earth folks, they are deluded and are trying to carve off a part of our heritage. I think they should go back to Nevada where they perfected their sponging off the people who pay taxes. Hell, Yes they should be ridiculed.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
How dare someone be so principled as to actually DO something?

Yeah, but what the Bundys are doing is better left undone.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 12:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I think it safe to say that there are plenty of people who are drawn to the profession by the promise of wielding power not available to the average citizen. I suspect most of these folks turn out to be bad eggs, and most of the cops who are bad eggs are so because of a desire to exercise power.

Yeah, it's almost like Plato said about rulers, eh? Anyone who wants to be one is not qualified.

Quote:
They are under intense scrutiny from a generally hostile media, and reliably hostile liberal politicians and "community activists."

Which is only fair. As I see it, the real problem is not with the "bad eggs," per se. It is the systemic lack of any desire to really eliminate them. No matter how egregious his abuse of citizens may have been, a cop can rest assured that he will never be indicted for it. They know they are not, in reality, accountable as any other citizen would be. They have a virtual license to bully and abuse, and they know it.

0 Replies

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 12:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Watch the video below.

OK, done that. This woman seems to be a little emotionally unhinged--outta control, ya know?

She seems very unhappy with all the past "****" they've been subjected to by the feds, but seems to have some strong affiliation with some organization that is trying to make it a "little" better, even if it's not much better.

Good for her. Every little bit helps, I'm sure.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:05 am
http://rackjite.com/wp-content/uploads/rr41714ff.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:08 am
@George,
Quote:
I don't have a handgun, but I got loaded last night.

Drinking magnums and Colt 44s?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:33 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
How dare someone be so principled as to actually DO something?!

They aren't doing much...

http://imgc-cn.artprintimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/85/8553/RKZL300Z/posters/paul-noth-it-s-disappointing-that-even-the-secret-shadow-government-can-t-get-anyth-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
0 Replies

puzzledperson

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I found a source that tabulates jihadist and right-wing attacks. The list includes the San Bernardino shootings, but the jihadists are still behind by three in the post-9/11 body count:

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

Maybe the death threats have something to do with the Sheriff's "anxiety" as you put it.

You'll see the terms "police shooting" and "police ambush" repeatedly in the right-wing list of incidents.

bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:31 am
(cue Ken Burns) My Dearest Rose.

Life is hard out on the range. We're out of French Vanilla creamer.

Several of the crew forgot their bed rolls and a lack of toiletries have spirits running low. But my love for you will keep me going.

If you run into Doc Barker ask him what he suggests for a guy who's just spent a few days in Kansas City, he'll know what that means.

Yer Darlin'
Ammon

Call for supplies as Oregon standoff enters second week
Source: Associated Press

Rick Bowmer, Associated Press

Updated 6:01 pm, Sunday, January 10, 2016

BURNS, Ore. (AP) — The occupation of national wildlife area by a small, armed group upset over federal land policies stretched into its second week as the mother of the group's leader asked supporters to send supplies - everything from warm blankets to coffee creamer.

The group that seized the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon's high desert country on Jan. 2 planned no media briefings. It was quiet at the entrance to the refuge Sunday.

The leader of the occupation, Ammon Bundy, has repeatedly rejected calls to leave buildings at the refuge despite pleas from the county sheriff, from many local residents and from Oregon's governor, among others. He has said the group will leave when there is a plan to transfer control of federal land to locals.

. . .

On Saturday, Ammon Bundy's mother, Carol Bundy, sent an email to supporters asking them to send her son's group supplies from a list of more than 80 items, including sleeping bags, wool socks, cigarettes, toiletries, food, coffee and "French Vanilla Creamer."

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/science/article/Call-for-supplies-as-Oregon-standoff-enters-6749383.php
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 08:54 am
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10378222_1123599204325517_4978976633198575203_n.jpg?oh=a80134323a133fe07fe0e0c6c17b671c&oe=5741002C

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 08:58 am
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/hissyspit/hissyspitiphone/630A6B56-F21B-4E5A-809C-2095E6D48DC4_zpsqrfkkids.png
0 Replies

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 11:16 am
@puzzledperson,
puzzledperson wrote:

I found a source that tabulates jihadist and right-wing attacks. The list includes the San Bernardino shootings, but the jihadists are still behind by three in the post-9/11 body count:

You don't have to go very far on that list to see that they'll call virtually anything a "far right wing" attack, eh? Cop-killers who equate cops with Nazis, for example, aint generally what anybody would call "far right wing."
parados

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 11:38 am
@layman,
You mother must be so proud of you, thinking that white supremacists that kill police to start a race war against blacks are your kind of people and not far right wing.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 11:39 am
@puzzledperson,
puzzledperson wrote:

I see they don't bother to count all the attempts to blow up planes, buildings with thousands of people in them, like the Sears Tower, etc. where the jihadis have been caught, eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United_States_post-9/11

But what is the point? Is it supposed to be that the KKK, et al, is just as bad as, and poses just as much threat to us as, ISIS, Al-Qaida and all the other deranged muslims? That the message to be conveyed, is it?
parados

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 11:46 am
@layman,
They also don't count all the unsuccessful right wing plots either. Do a simple search next time before you show yourself to be a fool.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 12:57 pm
Some more right-wingers in action, eh?

Quote:
The Earth Liberation Front (ELF) is considered the #1 domestic terrorist threat by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The concept of Property Rights and private ownership of property are concepts that they wish to abolish. This comes from the Marxist doctrine that is at the center of their core beliefs. Their new "Holy Grail" is designed to create vast expanses of wilderness zones that will not just regulate human usage, but will be completely off limits to everyone from venturing into such areas even to just enjoy the beauty of nature in its natural surroundings.

Their record includes the $12 million arson at Vail Resorts in October, 1998, the $1 million arson at Boise Cascade's NW Regional Headquarters in December, 1999, the $1 million arson at the United States Forest Service Northeast Research Station in Irvine, Pennsylvania, on August 11, 2002, and over 3 dozen other serious actions.

In 2002, the Earth Liberation Front claimed responsibility for an arson attack causing more than $700,000 in damage to a U.S. Forest Service research facility in Irvine, PA. After the fact, it issued a communiqué suggesting a willingness to take action:

"While innocent life will never be harmed in any action we undertake, where it is necessary, we will no longer hesitate to pick up the gun to implement justice, and provide the needed protection for our planet that decades of legal battles, pleading, protest, and economic sabotage have failed so drastically to achieve."

http://www.targetofopportunity.com/elf.htm

Seems this outfit is quite fond of setting fire to property of the BLM and the U.S. Forestry Service, eh? Not that they confine themselves to that, of course. The are willing to "pick up the gun" to "implement justice." Of course they would never take "innocent lives." They would only kill people that deserve it.

As far as I know, these "militia" groups don't sit around and plan, or even advocate, mass killing of civilians, widespread arson, etc. They're mainly just groups who fear and distrust the government, and plan to "defend themselves" from government attempts to harm them. They don't just decide one day to go down to Wal-Mart do mass bombings, kill every person they see, etc., like the radical muslims do.

layman

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 01:23 pm
Quote:
The U.S. Justice Department on Friday announced a 65-count indictment against 11 people on conspiracy charges for attacks that had been claimed by the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front.

UPDATE

[One example:]

Lacey Phillabaum pleaded guilty to conspiracy, arson, and use of a destructive device that destroyed the University of Washington's Center for Urban Horticulture in 2001. The university spent $7.2 million to rebuild the center. On 19 August 2008, Lacey Phillabaum was sentenced to three years in federal prison and three years' probation.

Three whole years, eh? See the site for more details, such as:

Quote:
Both Chelsea Dawn Gerlach and Stanilas Gregory Meyerhoff have admitted and pleaded guilty to some of the $20 million worth of arsons committed between 1996 and 2001 by a Eugene-based cell of the Earth Liberation Front known as "The Family" (a la Charles Manson).....

Chelsea Gerlach pleaded guilty to 18 charges in five separate attacks. After being arrested, she apologized for the harm and fear created by her actions, which she said were motivated by "a deep sense of despair and anger at the deteriorating state of the global environment."

"When I think about the damage I did to you my heart is heavy," she said. "I acted as a bully and a tyrant, and I am ashamed that I tried to strong-arm social change."

Well, she apologized, eh? But why should she? She's just trying to protect the earth from global warming and ****. She just wants "social change," like all of us, eh?
0 Replies

parados

Mon 11 Jan, 2016 03:16 pm
@layman,
Somehow they aren't on the list of Far Right Wing Attacks.

Is this a red herring or a strawman argument from you?

The Far Right does plan attacks. If they didn't they wouldn't have planned attacks that kill people, would they?