Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

boomerang

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:54 pm
Things are getting weird out there today. Another "we're not a militia" militia has shown up and guess what...

Quote:
Bundy's message: "We don't need that. We don't want it and we're asking you to leave," MacFarlane told reporters at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

They're [Bundy's group] "alarmed" by the arrival of Pacific Patriot Network members, some carrying rifles, and concerned about the perception they convey.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/01/heavily_armed_security_detail.html
layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 06:49 pm
@boomerang,
These groups aint on the same page, eh?

Quote:
The Pacific Patriots Network has previously said that while it agrees with Bundy's land rights grievances, it does not support the occupation, a position leader Brandon Rapolla reiterated during the meeting.

The militia members are not joining the occupation, but are sleeping in their vehicles or in hotels in Burns, he said. Rapolla said he had also taken sausage McMuffins to FBI agents who are stationed at nearby Burns Municipal Airport to monitor the occupation and had coffee with deputies from the county sheriff's office on Thursday.

The meetings were friendly, he said, and he told them that they were there to make neither side escalates the dispute. "That's really the point of militias: it's community involvement," Rapolla said. "If something happens in your community, that's what militias are for."

Bundy thanked Rapolla and handed him a small roll of bills, which he said came from donations. "We're friends, but we're operating separately," Rapolla, a former Marine who helped defend the Bundys in 2014 in their standoff with the U.S. government at their Nevada ranch, told Reuters in an earlier interview.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oregon-militia-idUSKBN0UM2ED20160109

0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 07:00 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

There's a 6-7 minute video of the talk at that site. The Sheriff starts off by saying that "there's been some positive stuff that's come out of this...I've talked to congressmen, senators, governors...I think the people of the country are excited about working out issues that come from government overreach."

Bundy and his crew have already accomplished the primary goal on this stunt, to wit: To draw more national attention to the ongoing conflicts between the feds and local government/inhabitants in the Western States.

This relatively minor incident has gotten headlines all across the nation. Ironically, this was primarily due to the fact that the liberal news outlets just couldn't stifle their desire to publicize their outrage, condemnation, and mockery of/toward their "right-wing" enemies, eh? Some people just don't know when to shut the hell up.
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 07:02 pm
@layman,
Good for them! They did it peacefully too.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 07:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I need to clean an engine part."

Freudian slip? Another piece to the gender puzzle. I KNEW it! Razz
0 Replies

George

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 09:05 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
. . . Bundy and his crew have already accomplished the primary goal on this
stunt, to wit: To draw more national attention to the ongoing conflicts
between the feds and local government/inhabitants in the Western States.
. . .
Totally agree.
Now they need a way out. Surely there must be an Oregonian (if that's the
correct adjective) group of similar persuasion willing to take up the issue and
let the out-of-towners settle with the local gendarmerie and get back to
their day jobs.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 09:54 pm
@layman,
It is very ironic. A couple of our resident progressives, like max, at the outset recognized where this incident was heading in terms of media attention and bemoaned it. Astute on their part and yours.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Made me laugh, glitter, and nod.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 12:31 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Was not the moved bombing done in the 1970s?

If you mean the bombing of the MOVE residence in Philly, it was in the 80's, 1985, I think. There are a few posts on it somewhere in this thread.
layman

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 12:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The Philly cops are notoriously racist, but their abuse of power does not begin or end on racial lines.

The same is true of cops across the country. There are a lot of racists, but that is not necessarily what motives their crimes. They will abuse anyone, without discrimination along lines of race, creed, or color that they believe you are without means to effectively resist or retaliate. If you're young, poor, or otherwise appear to be without influence, you're fair game. It's the nature of bullies, ya know?

I have already cited the example of the "police riot" utilized to force mainly white young protestors out of public parks in Chicago in 1968. But of course it's not limited to "protestors" by any means.
layman

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 01:00 am
@layman,
The ultimate result of the police riot in Chicago was to generate of lot of theretofore absent sympathy for the cause (primarily anti-war, but also "anti-establishment") of the protestors by those who had previously condemned their position.

Same thing here, to a lesser degree. Calling the protestors "vanilla ISIS," and other hyperbolic tactics of the left wing are so extreme and unreasonable as to make rational people look deeper into the alleged "problem." They find it dubious, on it's face, to immediately characterize American citizens as "terrorists" just because they have occupied public property without consent, as hundreds of thousands of left-wing protestors have done in the past, with overwhelming support from left-wingers.

The partisan zealotry is almost self-evident. The shrill cries of outrage, and the warnings of extreme, imminent danger from the left-wing just don't quite ring true, somehow. Over-reaction is generally recognized as such by unbiased people.

0 Replies

layman

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 01:58 am
One left-wing rag, Salon, might seem to be acknowledging the error of it's ways, eh? It is now running an article under his title:
Quote:

Ammon Bundy is not a terrorist: The authorities are waiting out the militia — just as they should do with Black Lives Matter protesters

But, I thought they done said otherwise--what's up with that? Don't fret, they show why it is only natural to call them terrorists, like they've been doing:

Quote:
To be sure, there are similarities with Islamic militant groups. For instance, while Bundy’s “resistance movement” is essentially driven by socio-political issues, chiefly land rights and perceived overreach by the federal government, their campaign is also religiously framed and motivated. This same dynamic holds true for ISIS, al-Qaida and related groups. Moreover, Bundy and his associates hold views that most would consider extreme. In fact, they share ISIS’ admiration for slavery—with Cliven Bundy (Ammon’s father, and the head of the Bundy clan) having suggested that blacks may be better off today if they were still in chains; others from the militia are known members of designated hate groups and extremist organizations. Finally, as with al-Qaida, militants who drew inspiration from the Bundys have carried out atrocities that the family itself had to disavow.

OK, then! Slave-mongerin, atrocity-commitin, terrorists, like ISIS and Al-Qaida, just like I thought! So what's up with this "not terrorists" garbage?

Quote:
However, any similarities between the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom and Islamic terrorists are vastly outweighed by the differences between them.

For instance, the militia is not threatening violence, nor even to deface or destroy federal property, if their demands are not met; the only consequence is continued occupation. In the interim, they are being careful not to damage the refuge or its facilities, they have allowed the public to come and go largely unrestricted, and have even claimed that they will vacate the premises if it seems clear that the local population wants them to go. And so, while it is illegal for the militia to be occupying the Malheur Refuge, their actions would be better understood as an act of civil disobedience than an act of terror.

What are they talkin about? "Better understood," maybe, but not BEST understood. These terrorists have WEAPONS!!

Quote:
Granted, Bundy and his supporters are heavily armed. However, there is no evidence that their weapons were illegally obtained, are unlicensed, or are otherwise unlawful—and in the United States there is a constitutional right to bear arms. Clearly, the purpose of the guns is to deter the authorities from raiding them, and consistent with previous standoffs, Bundy has threatened violence if there is any attempt to forcibly dismantle or dislodge their demonstration. However, there is no evidence that they are seeking out this kind of escalation.

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/09/ammon_bundy_is_not_a_terrorist_the_authorities_are_waiting_out_the_militia_just_as_they_should_do_with_black_lives_matter_protesters/

Has Salon clean lost all sense? Everybody and his brother knows these terrorists are out to kill FBI agents. What right-wing, religious, racist atrocity-commitin slaver aint, I ask ya? I want some ACTION! NOW!

Ya know what's almost as bad as terrorists? Traitors like Salon who take bribes from the right wing, that's who! ****, ya just can't trust nobody no more.
layman

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 02:15 am
OK, I get it now. This Salon guy is a muslim and appears to have has his own ulterior agenda, eh?

Quote:
Musa al-Gharbi is a political philosopher affiliated with the Southwest Initiative for the Study of Middle East Conflict (SISMEC).

It almost goes without saying that were a group of Muslim Americans to stockpile military weaponry, form a militia and then seize a government facility—perhaps demanding justice for the torture of U.S. citizens, indefinitely detaining U.S. citizens without trial or executing U.S. citizens without due process (all unconstitutional practices carried out predominantly against Muslims)—such a militia would immediately be branded as, and treated like, a terrorist organization...

.... here’s the takeaway: Muslims and other minority groups should be empowered to engage in the political sphere just as robustly, dynamically or even confrontationally as their white counterparts—and with the expectation that authorities will respect their rights, exercise the same level of restraint, and extend the same benefit of doubt that the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom have received....

Well, OK, given that their motives are pure, Imma give Salon a pass on this one. Right under this story they also have a photo-shopped picture of Trump with blood all over his mouth, replacing the head of Hannibal Lector in his cage. Now that's what I'm talkin about, eh!?

0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 04:05 am
@layman,
Go to Michael Moore's factual rebuttal, the link I just provided. You will see that his facts hold water, even against the link you provided. Eg the "blatant falsehood" that people pelted eggs on Bush's lemo boils down to: "people tried to pelt his limo with eggs but only one egg hit its target"... Makes very little difference if you ask me.

Even better than studying the rebuttals fact by facts: Watch the darn movie... Because my guess is you never saw it.

Run little chicken, run away from the facts.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 06:36 am
Just thought I ought to alert you all that, in order to make this thread safer for everyone to speak their mind without fear, I've brought in a loaded handgun.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 07:45 am
In Ironic Twist, the Bundy Militia Just Got Confronted by a Competing Group of Armed Lunatics
Source: USnewsUncut

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ammon Bundy’s gang finally has the armed confrontation they’ve been preparing for. Just not with whom they were expecting.

As of Saturday evening, a group calling itself the Pacific Patriot Network descended on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon, just as Bundy’s group was finishing a press conference. According to The Oregonian, Joseph Rice, a spokesman representing the new group of armed men, is presenting the Bundy militia with “Articles of Resolution,” ordering them to end the standoff and return to their homes.

What’s in the document the group presented to Bundy’s gang is unclear, as the Pacific Patriot Network is, so far, refusing to speak to media, citing a “media blackout.”

Other reports claim the heavily-armed group isn’t siding with either the current militiamen occupying the wildlife refuge or with government agencies. Nobody at the refuge had been informed of the Pacific Patriot Network’s intention to come to the occupation before their arrival on Saturday.

Read more: http://usuncut.com/news/armed-men-encircle-oregon-militia/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:07 am
BUSTED: Guess What The Bundy Militia Was Doing While They Were Not In Gunfights With The FBI

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/01/09/busted-guess-what-the-bundy-militia-was-doing-while-they-were-not-in-gunfights-with-the-fbi/

In a rather serendipitous occurrence, the blue tarp man himself – LaVoy Finicum – was leading OPB reporter John Sepulvado through the building on a tour, explaining what their plans were for the building. That’s when Finicum led him right into something none of the militia wanted anyone to see.

Sepulvado observed militants interacting with government computers in the compound that can only be accessed with employee badges. Employee badges were also strewn about the room, laying out in plain sight, along with papers that had names and Social Security numbers on them.

Finicum immediately realized how badly he screwed the pooch by allowing the OPB reporter to see what they were doing, and for good reason. Their activities likely will fall under the Computer Fraud And Abuse Act which carries some serious penalties (fines and up to 10 years in prison) for what they were doing.

I thought that the Blue Tarp man wanted to go home to tend to his wayward cows.

Letting the press in on the computer fraud - a guy could lose his snacks for that
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:25 am
http://s11.postimg.org/d3xvonlz7/12510454_1124442987588970_8416429802049331252_n.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:26 am
http://arnoldzwicky.s3.amazonaws.com/NoSnackMountain.jpg
0 Replies

George

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:49 am
I think should be obvious to all by now that the Malheur Widllife Refuge
occupation is

A FALSE FLAG OPERATION!

This has all been staged by the real powers that run the world in order to
spread civil unrest and uncertainty. The ultimate goal is to provide an excuse
for the INVASION OF OREGON and the establishment of SHARIA LAW.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!