Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Must be one of the uneducated screwballs so common in this country. They also probably support Trump for president.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:59 pm
@McGentrix,
I think that's very insensitive of you. layman's mother's name might very well have been that name.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Must be one of the uneducated screwballs so common in this country. They also probably support Trump for president.

I assume that, like Bobby-boy, you couldn't be bothered with actually reading the article before insulting the author.

Why not join him in going straight to the 3000+ comments and finding one you agree with, even if it has nothing whatsoever to do with what the author wrote. Then, quote it all in bold, oversized letters, eh?

Then, call it "brilliant." That would be the popular thing to do, eh?
glitterbag

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:14 pm
@Setanta,
Both sides of my family came from Ireland, at most events beer and mixed drinks were always served. I've talked with many of my cousins who remember the old family gatherings and none of us remember anyone ever getting drunk. Let me step back a little, my Dad's family could put it away like champs, but they did most of their drinking in bars.

I think I have bristled a little when people assume all Irishmen are drunk all the time, because it's just not true. When North Carolina was dry, a few in-laws would chide me, about what a bunch of drunkards Irish Catholics Yankees are...and they did in that chuckling drawl as if it was funny. Can you spell passive-aggresive? All that holier than thou **** stopped when I saw a mason jar of moonshine in the garage, brought it into the kitchen, and chirped "is this the turpentine? I need to clean an engine part." But that whole business was more Southern-Yankee bullshit that apparently only those old Southern folks understood or thought was real. It's almost a non-issue these days, with a few exceptions.

But when I ponder my heritage, it still stirs a little pride in my Irish-self because it's true the former USSR and Eastern European drink until they pass out, however those guys can't hold their liquor. I'll stick to the Jameson's

cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:16 pm
@glitterbag,
I've visited Ireland a couple of times, and have never seen a drunk - even in or close to bars that I was in. Wink It just felt strange, because I would be the only Asian there.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Setanta has Irish blood in himself and he wasn't that serious about my take on it Wink It's very well known that the Irish can't say NO to a blonde (beer that is).
layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:24 pm
@layman,
For some damn reason, God only knows what it could be, this "comment" didn't get quoted, eh?

Quote:
This rancher writes a reasonably toned, well crafted letter, to share a point of view (wether i agree with it or not) ...and it makes no difference. I think we are a nation of pugnacious knee-jerks, by and large. We speak in print in ways we would never do face to face, as easily as we flip off other drivers. Admittedly, it is not all this kind of response, but using phrases like "cry baby" from the comfort and security of one's keyboard is an odd mixture of pugnaciousness and cowardice. Do you want to vent, or be effective? You can't be both.

Why would this guy think anyone wants to "be effective?" Can't this fool see that the point is to vent?

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It seems your posts are popular here - in a negative sort of way. LOL

I finally had to put him on ignore....it's a waste of time to read his scribble.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:29 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm half Irish, and the drinks did flow at social gatherings when I grew up. anyone who did not offer a drink when someone came over was considered a little rude. How much of that was the Irish influence and how much was just the times, I'm not sure.

I think a lot has to do with a Catholic-Protestant thing, or at least conservative Protestants. Conservative Protestants tend to look at alcohol as evil, Catholics as more of a social thing. I remember an early interview with Clinton on TV, he said, "How do you tell a Baptist from an Espiscopalian"? Episcopalians are the Protestant denomination closest to the Catholics in practices.

The interviewer said he did not know.

Clinton said, "The Episcopalian nods 'hello' to you when you pass him in the liquor store".

After a moment of uncomprehending silence by the interviewer, Clinton quickly added, "The Baptist would just pass you by".
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:35 pm
@layman,
Strange as I see no reason to get such a large vote down from you posting an interesting question and for myself I do not have a problem with the president pardoning these men.

I never in fact been happy with taking the sentencing judgments away from judges
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Content as in an honest question how strange some of the people on this website happen to be.
BillRM

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:39 pm
@McGentrix,
With 8 votes downs I am wondering if someone is once more making up phonic accounts to do down votings.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:39 pm
@BillRM,
FYI, observation is subjective to the individual.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:49 pm
In a desperate attempt to gain some popularity, Imma haul-off and quote a left-wing rag, eh?:

Quote:
I don’t want to dwell too much on the rationales and motivations for these domestic terrorists any more than I would for the people who fight for ISIS or Al Qaeda... That’s as true of Afghan militants in the Taliban as it is of rural Montana militiamen. The only difference is in the trappings, the external presence of the rule of law and the degree of violence involved....

As with ISIS, the Bundy clowns are actively seeking a confrontation...it’s infuriating that they receive special kid glove treatment that would not be afforded to minority and liberal activists....

Personally, I feel that if ISIS fighters want a grand confrontation with the West on an open battlefield, it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to give them one. The outcome of that battle would not be in doubt...when dealing with entitled conservative crazies, principles of basic justice and fair play also need to apply. What’s good for one type of terrorist must also be good for another.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2016_01/the_armed_domestic_terrorists059141.php

INFURIATING, sho nuff. This guy wants some ACTION! I think that's something we can all get behind, eh?
BillRM

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 04:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Was not the moved bombing done in the 1970s?
layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 04:59 pm
@layman,
It's pretty simple, aint it? First you equate the redneck cowboy jihadis with ISIS, then you call for their extermination.

Who could possibly disagree with that, I ask ya?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Setanta has Irish blood in himself and he wasn't that serious about my take on it Wink It's very well known that the Irish can't say NO to a blonde (beer that is).

I know he does, and I think he has said he doesn't drink. I wasn't chiding him, I was just thinking of my family experience as a second generation American. But, I can easily turn down a blonde (beer) and wait till they bring out the real stuff..my Dad hated beer but loved whisky. They could keep a bottle of whiskey forever because they only drank socially. However, when they were stationed in Iceland, it sounds like social was almost 24/7 at least somewhere on the base.

Being drunks is not our big problem, it's Irish Altzheimers, we forget everything but the grudges.
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:10 pm
@glitterbag,
"we forget everything but the grudges." Now, that's a gem.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:14 pm
@glitterbag,
One modification, I have to have a beer at a steamed crab event, and also barbecues. Nothing else feels right.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:16 pm
Little joke, eh?:

Three guys, a yank, a mick, and a limey, sittin at a bar together.

A fly comes along and lands in the limey's beer. He says: "That's disgusting," pours out the entire beer, and orders another one.

A fly comes along and lands in the yank's beer. He just kinda shrugs, picks the fly outta his beer, then guzzles it.

A fly comes along and lands in the mick's beer. He reaches in, grabs it, holds it over his glass of beer, and screams: "SPIT IT OUT, YA THIEVIN LITTLE BASTARD!"

0 Replies