Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

Glennn

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:44 pm
@glitterbag,
The point of my asking for the source of what he claims is two-fold. First, I couldn't find anything to substantiate his claim, and so I would genuinely like to know where he found that information.

Second, if he cannot provide the source of what he has claimed, then I will know that I shouldn't take him seriously, as he will have shown himself to fabricate whatever is beneficial to his point.

In other words, I will know that I am dealing with someone who is about as sharp as a bowl of oatmeal. Furthermore, I will also discover who is willing to sympathize with someone who is a proven fabricator of "facts." I would also find them to of similar sharpness.
ehBeth

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-law/libertarian-fairy-tales-of-the-bundy-family

stupid title to the article but some good info and links about the history of Harney County

toward the end of the piece

Quote:
There are many reasons why the U.S. Government owns so much land in Harney County. Some of the land is of no value to anyone; the Army took all of it from the northern Paiute, but never found buyers for some of it. Sometimes it was always more profitable for individual ranchers just to use government land without buying it. And sometimes the land fell back into the Federal government’s hands because the ranchers no longer wanted it. For all the infrastructure it built to make cattle ranching profitable (and the massive fraudulent handouts to well-connected and well-capitalized cattle corporations), the federal government enabled the great cattle empires of the 1870s only to watch them go belly up. But they were, of course, too big to fail: in a story as old as finance capitalism, the federal government bailed them out and bought back the land.

__

and we're back to my preferred result

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.3393708/native-tribe-to-oregon-militia-we-claim-this-land-1.3393720

link to 7 minute radio interview at the link

Quote:
An Oregon native tribe has some harsh words for the militia group that has taken over a wildlife refuge. The Burns Paiute tribe says the land in question belongs to them and the armed ranchers should stand down.

Quote:
Rodrique doesn't mince words when asked who the land belongs to. "We claim it. Aboriginal. People native to this land. People with a 15,000 year history in the area. It's our aboriginal territory."

Quote:
The Burns Paiute Tribe disagrees with the militia's tactics and wants them out. Rodrique, however, emphasizes this isn't a story of "Cowboys and Indians".

"I would like them to leave. Leave things alone. You know, we have established over 25 years, the beginnings of a good working relationship with the surrounding communities."
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:45 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't get it,either, there are so many sources of main stream news. Even Fox has been pretty accurate with this story their news broadcasts.

layman needs to watch some news or read a newspaper.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:47 pm
@layman,
What ever you think you're saying, pal, whatever you say.
0 Replies

Glennn

@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Excuse me. Were found guilty of. And after they had been released from prison, their sentences were reviewed by . . .

I know you think that you in some way provided the source of your claim, but it is still not evident.
layman

@bobsal u1553115,
The issue wasn't what they pled guilty to. The question was about what they had "admitted" (by legal plea, or otherwise). Do you have ANY basis whatsoever for claiming (and then re-asserting in the face of correction) that they admitted to poaching, Bobby-boy?

Yes, or no?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you, eBeth, I think I got it right about why the government buys land to hold in our name.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
layman needs to watch some news or read a newspaper.

Heh. Punk on, punk.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:51 pm
@Glennn,
nonono - I amended my statement from "pled guilty of" to "found guilty of".

Reading comprehension much? What the hell is the difference? They went to jail for their crimes. Twice.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:55 pm
@Glennn,
How about you showing me where the convicted firebug poachers welcomed the militia support. Boy would that teach me a lesson. Try reading this thread.
Glennn

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I amended my statement from "pled guilty of" to "found guilty of".

Okay, then show me the source where you found that they were convicted of poaching. We know they were convicted of arson. But show me where they were convicted of poaching.
Glennn

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
How about you showing me where the convicted firebug poachers welcomed the militia support.

How about you show me where I made such a statement.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:57 pm
@Glennn,
absolutely

they choose to enforce in some regions and not in others

they definitely have been backward in handling the Bundys

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-cliven-bundy-fines-20160107-story.html

I think the BLM should be more consistent and that includes standing up to the Bundy bullies in Nevada.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:59 pm
@Glennn,
As I noted above, Glenn, what they were "convicted" of isn't even the issue. They could, for example, be acquitted of poaching, but then subsequently "admit' that they were in fact guilty.

The false claim that they "admitted" it is far more prejudicial than they fact that they were, or were not, convicted of it.

Of course innuendo, insinuation, and slander are just the type of things that punks thrive on.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:01 pm
@Glennn,
Dear nonono - I refuse to be held to a higher standard of "evidence" than you are held to. Try reading this whole thread. Things will be revealed if you do. Next time try keeping up with the conversation. Like setanta's said to me a couple of times over the years and correctly each time: "its not my place to point out what you would know if you had only taken the effort to read the whole ******* thread."
layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Next time try keeping up with the conversation.

Glenn did read it, accurately. Your attempt to deny the contents of the thread is exactly what would be expected from a punk

Quote: from Bobby-boy
Quote:
The three jailed ranchers admit they poached deer and committed arson to hide their admitted poaching

My response:

Quote:
No, they don't, and never have. They admit they started the fire, but certainly not for that purpose. A witness of dubious age, recollection, credibility and mental stability claimed that at their trial, but even the judge said his credibility was doubtful.
Certainly prejudicial, though.

====
Bobby's counter-response:

Quote:
Re: layman (Post 6103606)

Quote:
Certainly prejudicial, though.

I'll say, especially after they pled guilty of both the poached deer and the arson committed to hide evidence of the poached deer. After they got out, higher courts reviewed their sentences and they were sentenced to an additional four more years.

What the hell. At least get these facts right!
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:06 pm
@layman,
Yeah, I just don't recall reading anything like: The Hammonds were found guilty of one count of arson and one count of poaching. I do, however, recall reading that they were found guilty of arson.

And yeah, unless Bob can come up with the source of his claim that they admitted to poaching, then it's a simple fabrication.
layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:08 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
then it's a simple fabrication.

Exactly, Glenn, which is the REAL point here.
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Dear nonono - I refuse to be held to a higher standard of "evidence" than you are held to.

You're speaking to this: How about you showing me where the convicted firebug poachers welcomed the militia support. Remember??

And then I asked you to show me where I made such a statement. Are you going to admit that I never said it?
layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:15 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
And then I asked you to show me where I made such a statement. Are you going to admit that I never said it?

Heh, don't go holdin your breath while waitin for that, eh, Glenn?

Quote:
You're speaking to this: How about you showing me where the convicted firebug poachers welcomed the militia support. Remember??

Notice that he's STILL claiming that they were convicted of poaching. Or at least trying to insinuate it.