Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 12:59 pm
@oralloy,
Perhaps you think having a racist clown as president is a good idea but I do not share those feelings.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:01 pm
@maporsche,
It was not obvious to me, so thanks for the precision.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Perhaps you think having a racist clown as president is a good idea but I do not share those feelings.

I do not accept that Mr. Trump is either racist or a clown.

My views on Mr. Trump are mixed. Some I like and some I don't. Such is life. I've never had a president agree with me 100%.

But like him or not, Mr. Trump is going to be our president for the next 8 years. And he is going to win so decisively that the Democrats will not return to the White House for 20 years.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:18 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
basically every time someone uses a grouping (GOP, Trump supporters, Yankee fans) they barely ever mean "all" of them, so it's sort of silly to even have to point it out.

So what did you mean then? A MAJORITY of Bernie's fans? A MINORITY? It makes a difference to me, small as it may be.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:28 pm
@oralloy,
Not unless the US population is a lot sicker then I think it is Trump will not be our president.

Let go over some of his positions, innocent family members of terrorists should be put to death, wide areas should be carpet bomb killings anyone in those square miles of areas, one third of the human race should be denial access to the US due to their religion, US citizens born in the US should be deported if one or more of their parents was illegal in the country.

I can not belief my fellow citizens would shame us all to the degree of placing such a clown in the white house.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:31 pm
@Olivier5,
In this case I meant #bernieorbust supporters (which was part of a larger conversation with LASH, who identifies as a BoB supporter).

In a more general sense, my post would apply to anyone who believes that Bernie speaks the truth and is generally thought to be the most honest, trustworthy politician in office today....except when he says to vote Clinton, then he can't be trusted to know what's best for the country.

If you agree with that, then I guess I'm talking to you too.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 02:12 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

In this case I meant #bernieorbust supporters (which was part of a larger conversation with LASH, who identifies as a BoB supporter).

Okay so you really meant Lash and people like her.

Quote:

In a more general sense, my post would apply to anyone who believes that Bernie speaks the truth and is generally thought to be the most honest, trustworthy politician in office today....except when he says to vote Clinton, then he can't be trusted to know what's best for the country.

If you agree with that, then I guess I'm talking to you too.

I have many times explained that I do not agree with the second part, although i suppose i agree with the first part of the sentence.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:26 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

So, in the end, it doesn't matter what he say or what he believes in, Bernie supporters are just using their vote as a protest vote one way or another.

No. My vote is precious to me. It represents my wishes. I do with it as i choose. I would never tell anyone else how to vote, and they are wasting breath to try to tell me.

I'll never again vote for the lesser of evils. I'll only vote my conscience. Period.

revelette2 wrote:

If they really believed in his message, they would vote for the one who has the best chance of putting most (or some) of his would be policies into effect; which would be Hillary.

This inane horseshit "reasoning" of yours is laughable. I guess I can't blame you for trying to manipulate me to vote the way you want me to, but really. It is to laugh.

Hillary Clinton is the most notably prolific liar in American politics currently. She's changed position how many times on how many issues? I don't trust her to adhere to ANY of the "concessions" she's made to the left due to Bernie Sanders pushing her lying Republican ass against the wall. She'll backtrack on these things immediately if she wins the nomination. Her comment about Nancy Reagan being an AIDS activist was evidence she was already fishing for Righties a bit early.

Anyone would be a fool to think she will commit to the MYRIAD of policy shifts she's made due to Bernie's influence.

From what I read, this is a widespread belief among Bernie voters. They deserve respect for working their asses off, helping him fight the ******* establishment that is swallowing this country up, funding him legitimately, knocking on doors and running a campaign the honorable way. The way it should be done.

To touch a voting lever for her after rolling up sleeves for a righteous cause would rot my arm off.

Sending Bernie more dough tonight after this conversation.

#feelthebern

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:34 pm
@Blickers,
Well, I guess we'll see.

There is a school of thought that says true progressives are sick enough of how conservative and hawkish the Democrats have become that they are willing to rebel from the party - let the establishment Dems see they are lost without the progressive wing - and force a realignment of the party.

When the establishment Dems lose to the GOP, things may look different to them in four years.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:47 pm
@Lash,
Well I hope you love the possible results of Trump becoming president as your and other voting for Bernie or not voting in the general election and getting the same results as those who voted for Ralph Nader.in 2000 IE Bush over Gore.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:48 pm
@Lash,
I'm surprised that conservatives are still living.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:51 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
When the establishment Dems lose to the GOP, things may look different to them in four years

Assuming we still have a country and elections after voting in Trump.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:31 pm
@BillRM,
It is worth it because - one way or the other - there will be a legit progressive party when the dust clears.
snood

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:35 pm
@Lash,
The experiment was a resounding success, save for the fact that the patient died.
Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:36 pm
@snood,
No. The cancer was removed and the patient lived.
snood

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:39 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

No. The cancer was removed and the patient lived.

It's not a chance I think this country can afford to take. And that would be even if I granted you that Hillary is irredeemably and mostly bad. Which I don't.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:46 pm
Our friend O'Bill wrote above this post on Facebook - "Why is this not resonating with our liberal friends?"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/politics/2016-election-poll-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html

Please just read and think.

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:47 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
There is a school of thought that says true progressives are sick enough of how conservative and hawkish the Democrats have become that they are willing to rebel from the party - let the establishment Dems see they are lost without the progressive wing - and force a realignment of the party.

Yeah, Nader's supporters thought like that. How did that work out?
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:52 pm
I'm sure conservatives like Lash hope so. After all, why else would they supp0rt Sanders now, in the primary season, when it doesn't hurt Repubilcans.
Lash

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:56 pm
@Blickers,
Nader was not the man.
Nader did not command a huge movement.
The time is NOW.
https://youtu.be/JACq7Tg-J3M