Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:22 pm
@snood,
I haven't heard him do that. If you're correct, that IS even worse.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:24 pm
@Blickers,
That's what I thought. She made it to Governor. She has to be sane.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:26 pm
@snood,
It was an incredible portrayal by Julianne Moore. Highly recommended.

Slow-mo train wreck.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:41 pm
@Lash,
Palin also made to governor, but I wouldn't say she was 'sane.'

sane
sān/Submit
adjective
(of a person) of sound mind; not mad or mentally ill.
"hard work kept me sane"
synonyms: of sound mind, in one's right mind, compos mentis, lucid, rational, balanced, stable, normal; More
antonyms: mad
(of an undertaking or manner) reasonable; sensible.
synonyms: sensible, practical, advisable, responsible, realistic, prudent, wise, reasonable, rational, levelheaded, commonsensical, judicious, politic

I believe she misses the boat based on the synonyms.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:59 pm
The state of Alaska population of under a million is far smaller then the populations of our major cities so how powerful the governorship is compare to most of the other states is an open question.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi CI.

Yes. My meaning was that most people who make it to governor are expected to be sane.

We were obviously wrong about her.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:19 pm
@Lash,
What's with all this "we?" I'd never heard of her until she opened her mouth on telly and straight away I knew she was nuts. The flaming obvious isn't quite as elusive as you'd have us believe.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Here in the U S a lot of people, especially men, equate good looks with intelligence. She is and was a fine looking woman but lacking in brains, although she had enough to snow Alaskan voters.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:38 pm
@RABEL222,
I remember reading about how teachers graded good looking people with higher grades. That was many decades ago, and I'm not sure that still applies.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Not surprising that you would take off on Lash at the first opportunity. You really are trembling on the edge of a permanent ban. Come hither izzy.
snood

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What did he say that was ban-worthy?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This CNN article confirms it still happens.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/02/opinion/schwartz-attractiveness-teens/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:37 pm
@snood,
Nothing yet, but he will. He can't help himself.

You'll be there to defend him?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:13 pm
@snood,
Nothing, absolutely nothing. Finn has self-esteem issues, he has too much of it.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 01:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Nothing yet, but he will. He can't help himself.

You'll be there to defend him?

Not my job to defend him. Is it yours, to police him?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 04:54 am
@snood,
Finn got very upset when Hawkeye was banned. He's been following me around ever since. He persuaded Gentel to ban me before, he obviously has a lot of influence there. That's why he has the confidence to threaten to ban people. (So much for this being a "liberal site.")

Finn hates the fact that he let his mask slip when talking to me. He doesn't like the idea of someone knowing what he's like which is why he's trying to intimidate me. Let's face it he can't argue the issues themselves, all he has is bluster, sneering and intimidation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 06:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm the one who gave glitterbag the plus 1.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Finn got very upset when Hawkeye was banned. He's been following me around ever since. He persuaded Gentel to ban me before, he obviously has a lot of influence there. That's why he has the confidence to threaten to ban people. (So much for this being a "liberal site.")

Finn hates the fact that he let his mask slip when talking to me. He doesn't like the idea of someone knowing what he's like which is why he's trying to intimidate me. Let's face it he can't argue the issues themselves, all he has is bluster, sneering and intimidation.

Ahh. In the context of what Finny had written above, that explains things nicely.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 01:12 am
@snood,
It's entirely made up. Finn has had no private communication with me about any matter and both are just speculating.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 01:39 am
@Robert Gentel,
All I know is that Finn addressed you directly on the matter of Hawkeye's suspension while I was still on A2K. He said he would pm you. The next day I was suspended.

Finn seems confident enough to threaten me with a lifetime ban just for saying Lash does not speak for me.

I still don't know why I was banned, other than "for inapp." No explanation, no chance of appeal, and it's not like you don't have my email address.
0 Replies