Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

blatham

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 06:12 am
Cruz will now go after Kasich, obviously. I suspect he'll pretend to avoid personal attacks as much as possible and instead make the claim that Kasich can't possibly win the nomination (true). But the attending thrust here will be that if Kasich doesn't drop out, then he threatens America with the disaster of a Trump nomination and thus is displaying serious faults of character, integrity and patriotism. Cruz is a sociopath so he does this sort of thing well.

He could say that Kasich, hanging in and hoping for the nomination via shenanigans at a brokered convention would be anti-democratic as Kasich has so few votes. But that's tricky because Cruz is presently angling for exactly the same outcome himself as regards Trump who will come out with more votes. But though intellectually inconsistent and politically tricky, he'll manage. Because he's a sociopath.

Oh. And of course, a main thrust in what Cruz says now is that Kasich is not a true conservative. That's obviously a lie but what the heck, Cruz is a sociopath

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 06:21 am
"Trumpet" is coming because entertainement replaced faith in politics...
That and xenophobia and stinking fear...
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:32 am
It would be pure entertainment if it wasn't real.

Here's Sarah Palin, Back At It Again With the Nonsense Speechifying

Quote:
Is there anything in public life more degrading than being introduced at a Donald Trump event by Sarah Palin?

I dunno. Let's ask Chris Christie, shall we? On second thought, we'll let Palin's words do the talking:

Quote:
"We don't have time for all that petty, punk-ass little thuggery stuff that's been going on with these 'protesters,' who are doing nothing but wasting your time and trying to take away your First Amendment rights," she said. "And the media being on the thugs' side—what the heck are you guys thinking, media?"

First of all, what in the hell is going on here? The news all morning was that Todd Palin had been seriously injured in a snow machine accident—which, apparently, is true—and that Princess Dumbass was hastening back to the Northwoods to be with him. Suddenly, she's back in Florida, working on her meatball rhetorical skills in front of an audience packed with the finest rubes and goobers that state has to offer. Multitasking! And she was speechifying with words for the purposes of introducing Big Chicken, who took the stage with the very last shreds of human dignity wafting away on the breeze. No job in any administration is worth this kind of humiliation. Seriously, is Tod Browning running this campaign?

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 09:34 pm
@roger,
Does this mean I have to apologize to you for forcing you to agree with me?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:10 pm
@revelette2,
Sarah Palin makes my teeth ache and I feel like I'm being forced to participate in a tractor pull. She's my nightmare
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:30 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't even want to think about her - not even in print.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 11:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was furious with McCain when he chose her as his running mate. I wondered what was wrong with him, did he think women voters would flock to his campaign? Thats when I felt profoundy insulted. I wouldn't want her to run a bake sale let alone be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. If McCain had won, he would have been looking over his shoulder all the time and having his aides check the stairs to make sure Sarah didn't butter the steps. What a travesty, and now there is the Clown Prince of Ballyhoo, Donald frigging Trump. The shame.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:42 am
When he chose Palin was the point at which I gave up trying to hold respect for John Mccain.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:07 am
@snood,
I think his vetter took the day off. I didn't know she was bonkers until the second week of her trotting around with McC.

I mean - McC discovered her psychosis about the time the rest of the country did.

I felt sorry for him.

But if you can't vet the Veep, what the hell else won't get proper evaluation?
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:42 am
@Lash,
Given his age the veep could become the president so what the hell was he and his people thinking at the time.
revelette2

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:11 am
Oops: PBS Story on Trump Supporters Didn't Notice White Supremacist Tattoos

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/3eGkFJ1MymYcSoWlj4vEMg--/Zmk9c3RyaW07aD0zODA7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTgwO3c9MzgwO3NtPTE7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/people_218/704fdf9a196072a3e341505f37e8e2b5
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:14 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think his vetter took the day off. I didn't know she was bonkers until the second week of her trotting around with McC.

I mean - McC discovered her psychosis about the time the rest of the country did.

I felt sorry for him.

But if you can't vet the Veep, what the hell else won't get proper evaluation?

For me, it wasn't so much that he made such a horrible veep selection - I mean, everyone has the right to be wrong and f-up something. It's that he has defended his decision until this day - and says complimentary things about her to this day. If he discovered what a self-seeking whackadoodle she is way back when the rest of the country did, he could have the integrity and cojones to admit he made a mistake. He couldn't, and still can't.
Blickers

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:03 am
McCain announced his selection of Palin right around the time the Democrats were resonating with the idea of a post Baby Boomer generation taking hold. Bill Clinton worked the idea of it was time to move on from the WWII generation, so Obama was working the idea that it was time to move on from the Baby Boomers. Palin clearly was designed to appeal to post Boomer mothers who were tending to lean Democratic. From a demographic perspective it made sense, what happened afterward will be the subject of study for years.

I guess in the heat of the moment, they figured, "Well she made it to governor, how bad can she be?"
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:29 am
@Blickers,
We were shocked after we found out. She turned out to be a mental light weight.
snood

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:39 am
If any of you have not seen the movie 'Game Change', all about how the choice of Palin affected the 2008 race, you really need to check it out. Excellent cast and actors; the people involved all (except Palin herself, who says its a smear)say it's an accurate portrayal of the person she turned out to be, and the effect that had on everyone.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:41 am
@snood,
Palin is the personification of that old saw "Marry in haste, Repent in Leisure".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's putting it mildly. When McCain nominate her, her initial popularity was based on the fact that nobody knew who the f*** she was.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:47 am
@Lash,
When you take that a step further, it really gets scary.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 12:35 pm
@glitterbag,
No, I must have stopped reading by then.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:21 pm
@BillRM,
This question is at the heart of how we judge him now. How could they not have checked her out thoroughly? The Palin choice effectively ended McCain.
0 Replies