Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

snood

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 06:16 pm
@blatham,
Yes, I can still see it. Actually I never noticed any time when it wasn't visible.
revelette2

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 06:32 pm
@blatham,
I thought I had some kind of bug on my computer which prevented me from accessing it. I still can't see it. Wonder if me and Blatham are being punished?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 09:00 pm
@blatham,
I don't see it either.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 09:03 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yes, I can still see it. Actually I never noticed any time when it wasn't visible.

Where do you see it?

Can you get to it and read the posts?
snood

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 09:13 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

Where do you see it?

Can you get to it and read the posts?

Holy crap, in the time between my last post and this one, that thread vanished!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 09:39 pm
@snood,
It's back, that cut was only for a short time.
snood

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 09:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Nope, now I can't see it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 02:08 am
@blatham,
It was visible but locked, now it's gone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 04:06 am
I'm guessing that was the pedophile thread.

Is evidence being collected for a lawsuit?
revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:24 am
@Lash,
It would be really hard to bring a lawsuit against message boards. Kind of like phones, you never can prove someone else wasn't actually using your computer and your identity on the thread in question. I take it you reported?
revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:35 am
In any event, since that thread seems to be out, I used this one to post things dealing with Hillary since I happen to believe she will be the next president.

Clinton caught on hot mic, unknowingly shares good things
Quote:

Like most politicians, Hillary Clinton is not afraid to speak her mind when a mic is turned off.

Unfortunately, sometimes it’s left on.

The Washington Post posted audio from a commercial break at Monday night’s MSNBC Democratic town hall at Ohio State University in which she and Hardball host Chris Matthews chatted away to kill the time. And some of it was illuminating, like the conversation about Donald Trump and his new sidekick, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

“You guys can’t stop covering (Trump),” Clinton said to Matthews. “He is a dangerous presence.”

Matthews seemed to put the onus on the viewer. “Nobody can tell what people want to watch,” he said. “They laugh at him.”

The conversation then shifted to Christie, with Clinton asking why he’s supporting Trump. “Did he have a debt?” she asked.

And in a real cliffhanger, the audio ends with Matthews asking Clinton if she watched “the end of Downton Abbey.” But before Clinton could answer, the audio stopped. We’re going to guess the answer would have been “no.” She’s a little busy right about now.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 07:13 am
Well, how insidious. I looked up on google using words like poster message boards and lawsuit and it is becoming a dangerous trend to sue posters. I say dangerous because number one, it seems to me it would go against free speech and number two, keep people from expressing their views freely and number three, I can see how such would be abused.

Lash you said someone was probably drinking so I wouldn't get self righteous if I was you.

Also, most of us was saying those in question were defending the subject in question to the point it would point to that behavior.

(see how I couched my words, if people were not following they would have no clue to my meaning, hence the point about affecting free speech is proven.)
engineer

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:01 am
I hope both parties will look at this election cycle and make changes to the order the states vote. By having all the Southern states vote early in the cycle, the South decides who has all the momentum. Cruz has no appeal outside of the South, but now he is the guy who is running hard against Trump. If some Midwest states had voted earlier, Kasich would be stronger. If the Western states had voted, Rubio would have looked better. Likewise on the Democratic side, Clinton got crushing victories in all the Southern states so by the time Sanders got a Mid-western win in Michigan, it was really pretty much a done deal.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:12 am
@engineer,
The solution is simple, do away with the primaries and introduce OMOV. This could have been all done and dusted by now.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:12 am
@engineer,
It is looking like neither race will be decided until June 7th when California and a few other states conduct the final primaries of the season.
revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:14 am
@parados,
Have you read Nate Silver's article this morning? Sander's would really have to have blowout results to make up for delegates going forward. (left the whole on Bernie's in thread.)
parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:19 am
@revelette2,
I haven't but I did look at the delegate counts. Bernie needs to win over 60% of the rest of the delegates. I haven't done the math but a rough estimate put it at about 64%.

With about 700 delegates being decided on June 7th, Hillary might not have enough to clinch until then but she won't need many of those 700 to make it over the top.
revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:24 am
@parados,
I'll take your word for it, when I see numbers what little there is of my brain, just freezes. I remember lots of frustrating hours spent after school...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:26 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

What the hell happened to georgeob1's discussion on "When will Hillary give up her candidacy?"

That's what I want to know... I find it very odd that an entire thread would be pulled down. If there is an offending post, pull that post down but not the whole thread.
parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:30 am
@parados,
Having done the math, it starts to look a little more daunting for Bernie.

He needs 66% of the remaining uncommitted delegates to win the nomination.
If we assume all the undeclared super delegates (219) go Bernie's way he still needs 62% of the regular delegates that are left.
If all the super delegates (712) switch to Bernie he still needs to win 51% of the regular delegates that are left.

With Bernie trailing Hillary in national polls by double digits, it doesn't seem likely he can capture that many delegates over the next couple of months.
0 Replies