0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:00 pm
I'm glad to see Phoenix green, too!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:19 pm
Good to see Phoenix posting like her old self again! Smile

I'm doing better today than I feared I would. I had an MRI on Monday for chronic shoulder pain. Doctor was pretty sure it was a torn rotator cuff, but it turns out it isn't after all. Just arthritis and a degenerating joint. SonofEva looked worried and said, "Degenerating?" I said, "Honey, at 54, everything is degenerating!" <LOL> So...a cortison injection, and I was on my way.........
Letty

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:22 pm
@Eva,
Yep, Eva, it is great to see our Phoenix back and well. Hee, hee. Glad you let son of Eva in on the secret, but glad that you are all right, too.

When I had trouble getting out of the bathtub not long ago, it really scared me, but later, daughter of Letty said, "Mom, just get one of those slip proof bath mats." Doh. Now I understand.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 09:05 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Yayyy, Phoe.

And, you're posting in green..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 09:13 pm
Good day here - a real treat to meet Mr. and Mrs. EdgarB for a short while at Dys and Diane's, and went out for a burger (yack, in that place I need to figure out what else I can order. Maybe two sides of pinto beans with jalapenos, which they do well) with Roger, who was facing a long drive home.
msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:46 am
@ossobuco,
Sounds like an excellent group to have lunch with, osso! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:52 am
Hey, Deb!

So how did your week go?

Feeling OK after your return to work? (Hope so.)

People want to know!
Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 03:04 am
@msolga,
This people wants to know.
margo

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 05:32 pm
@Roberta,
and this'n!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 05:57 pm
@margo,
http://www.churchworldservice.org/images/crop/hires/walkers300.gif

us 3 and 4 and 5 and ...
sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 07:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Nice one! I think that's me 'n' sozlet just before the wagon with kids in it.

(Where IS she? Should we worry?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 08:37 pm
I'm hoping that Deb is having a nice sleep-in, on a chilly Saturday morning.

But it would be really good to hear from you when you have a minute, Deb. Some of us are worry worts, ya know? Smile

But I do realize that you're probably thoroughly sick & tired of "reporting back"! Wink
Dutchy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 08:57 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I'm hoping that Deb is having a nice sleep-in, on a chilly Saturday morning.

But it would be really good to hear from you when you have a minute, Deb. Some of us are worry worts, ya know? Smile

But I do realize that you're probably thoroughly sick & tired of "reporting back"! Wink

You gotta be joking msolga, the wabbit is well and truly about the place Laughing
http://able2know.org/topic/68484-427#post-3705703
msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:01 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanks, Dutchy. Smile

But that was Thurdsay .. & today is Saturday, so ...
Dutchy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:05 pm
@msolga,
Sorry msolga, I've got my days mixed up and I haven't even touched my Scotch yet.... Smile
msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:07 pm
@Dutchy,
Quick, have a restorative tipple now, Dutchy! Wink Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:08 pm
@Dutchy,
I FOUND MY DIARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To people in my job, losing one's diary is almost like losing your right hand.

I had already rung the hospital where I last had it, and they didn't have it.

I mentioned I had been in the coffee shop...but they said that the coffee shop brought lost stuff to the front desk (to whom I was speaking.)

Yesterday, in utter desperation, I called the coffee shop anyway....AND THEY HAD MY BABY!!!!!

I also...at last...have vision AND sound on my computer.

Thereby hangs a tale.

The speakers were ordered WITH the computer.

The sales fella forgot to include them on the docket...so they did not arrive.

Meanwhile, my old speakers gave up the ghost.

I called David Jones and spoke to the fella and re-ordered the speakers.

They were to be delivered by courier sometime Friday....they won't tell you what time.

Friday I was still ill...but supposed to be doing frequent short walks, to test how my back coped and to help it heal.

At 4.45 pm, after being stuck inside all day, I called DJ's to try to find out what was happening.

Rundle Mall DJ's happened not to have a pair of the ordered speakers.

So...they asked Marion DJ's to deliver them instead.

Marion DON'T courier smaller items...they mail them.

So...I waited home all day to no effect. I was moderately furious that I hadn't been told.

As some of our readers may recall, parcels cannot be delivered to my home...letter boxes too small.

So...the courier Australia Post outsource to delivers the parcel to the nearest post office...and is supposed to leave a card notifying you of the attempted delivery.

The parcel should have got to my place on Friday...but, even if I had known in time, it isn't returned to the Post Office until after they close to the public.

I cannot GET to that PO, as they are open while I work...so I then have to get them to send it to Unley.

So.......on Thursday...6 days after the parcel should have arrived...no sign of it or the failed delivery notice.

I call Australia Post. They say the courier left a card on the 10th. No card had appeared in my letter box.

Local PO agree to send goods to Unley...but say the speakers will not arrive there in time for me to pick them up THIS weekend...I will have to wait until NEXT weekend.

I call Sydney DJ's head office to say I think their processes about consulting customers re changes in delivery plans need a LOT of smartening up....had I been consulted, I would have said it would be easier and faster for me to wait until Rundle Mall got another pair of speakers.

Nice apology and gift from DJ's.

And I think somebody goaded Australia Post...because I got a message at work saying they were at Unley ready to be picked up. Which I have.

Anyhoo...we have sound!!!!

Went back to doctor re infected bite...and have to spend every available second with foot elevated, as infection has affected lymphatic flow (mind you, my ankle is half the size it was before I started the antibiotics!)

I also have a professionally done pressure bandage on it. My effort looked like the ankle and foot of a mummy!!!!!

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:22 pm
@dlowan,
I'm glad you got your diary back, Deb. (I know what you mean about one's dairy being absolutely essential.)
Also pleased you now have vision & sound on your computer.
And it's OK if you don't want to talk about the other stuff too much.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 03:10 am
Dirty word, dirty word, dirty word.

Why does everything have to be a hassle? Why can't you order something and get it. Snarl.

Also hoping that your various ailments, deb, are easing up.
0 Replies