Regarding the Attacks in Paris:

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
But I don't perceive any way of getting rid of the namecallers other than putting them on ignore.

I have high hopes for shame up.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well I hope you succeed.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:45 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Really interesting. Particularly his conclusions about religion's centrality to radicalisation. Hint: not much. It's really just an excuse. These knobends have little interest in their religion, or those who practice it, even those born into it reject their families and other muslims.

It's clear that he is NOT talking about natives of middle eastern countries, i.e., those actual day-to-day members of ISIS who routinely commit the most despicable atrocities. He is talking about disaffected (often non-muslim) WESTERN youth who want to "join" ISIS or commit terrorist acts (in their own countries) on behalf of ISIS.

For THEM, it may well indeed be that they have "little interest in religion." They are not muslims, they are just "useful idiots" exploited by muslims.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:50 pm
@layman,
Quote:
For THEM, it may well indeed be that they have "little interest in religion." They are not muslims, they are just "useful idiots" exploited by muslims.

I expect that when they finally figure things out we will be told that at least several of those who did Paris cared not much more than a lick about jihad.
Builder

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:13 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I expect that when they finally figure things out we will be told that at least several of those who did Paris cared not much more than a lick about jihad.

Then you'd be wrong.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:16 am
@hawkeye10,
Interesting post I saw in another thread:
Quote:
On the morning of 17 April 1986, at Heathrow Airport in London, Israeli security guards working for El Al airlines found 1.5 kilograms (3.3 lb) of Semtex explosives in the bag of Anne-Marie Murphy, a five-month pregnant Irishwoman attempting to fly on a flight with 375 fellow passengers to Tel Aviv. In addition, a functioning calculator in the bag was found to be a timed triggering device. She claimed to be unaware of the contents, and that she had been given the bag by her fiancé, Nezar Hindawi, a Jordanian. Murphy maintained that Hindawi had sent her on the flight for the purpose of meeting his parents before marriage. A manhunt ensued, resulting in Hindawi's arrest the following day after he surrendered to police. Hindawi was found guilty by a British court in the Old Bailey and received 45 years imprisonment, believed to be the longest determinate, or fixed, criminal sentence in British history[1] (see also life sentence).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindawi_affair

There's a would-be "terrorist" in that tale (someone who is boarding a plane with explosives) and there's a cowardly muslim who exploited that "terrorist's" love for him.

Just what you would expect from a muslim, eh?
layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:33 am
@layman,
A few more details:
Quote:

When Murphy met Hindawi in 1984,[3] she worked as a chambermaid at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane in London. When she became pregnant with his child, Hindawi convinced her that they should go to Israel to get married. He also insisted that she should go on ahead since, as an Arab, it would take longer for him to obtain a visa....

Hindawi first sought refuge in the Syrian embassy after he had learned of the failed bombing...Syrian officials were in the process of altering his appearance before he fled again. British intelligence had previously intercepted Syrian communications with Hindawi's name, Hindawi was using genuine Syrian documents although he was not Syrian, and Hindawi's original escape plan involved leaving England with Syrian agents working on Syrian Arab Airlines.

After the court found Hindawi guilty, the then British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher broke off diplomatic relations with Syria. Following this the United States and Canada recalled their ambassadors from Syria.

Syria, eh? Figures, sho nuff.
layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:13 am
@layman,
So, ya might wonder, where's this Hindawi terrorist now? Well, ya can probably intuitively answer that question, a priori, based on the knowledge that he was being held by candyass Limeys, eh? But, just in case there's any doubt:

Quote:

Home»News»UK News»Terrorism in the UK 06 Jan 2012: Two years ago the parole board recommended his early release on condition that he was immediately deported to his native Jordan.

March 28 2013: A man jailed for 45 years for plotting to blow up an Israeli airline has been granted parole. The Parole Board decided that Nezar Hindawi, 57, was no longer a risk to the public and could be released after serving 26 years in prison.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3724939.ece

That was over 2 1/2 years ago. I wonder what part of Syria he's in now? Wait, why would anybody think he's in Syria? Better question: I wonder what part of England he's in now, eh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 03:37 am
Whoever was piloting this plane it wasn't IS. If Hawkeye still thinks Turkey is going to sit back while Assad is propped up and the Kurds given autonomy, this may come as a reality check. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Quote:
Turkish warplanes are reported to have shot down an unidentified military aircraft near the border with Syria.

A Turkish military official told the Reuters news agency that Turkish F-16s had fired on the jet after warning it that it was violating Turkish airspace.

Turkish media broadcast video footage of a plane crashing into mountains near the border with Hatay province.

Syrian and Russian military aircraft have been targeting jihadist militants and Western-backed rebels in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34907983
0 Replies

timur

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:23 am
layman wrote:
Quote:
March 28 2013: A man jailed for 45 years for plotting to blow up an Israeli airline has been granted parole. The Parole Board decided that Nezar Hindawi, 57, was no longer a risk to the public and could be released after serving 26 years in prison.

That was over 2 1/2 years ago. I wonder what part of Syria he's in now? Wait, why would anybody think he's in Syria? Better question: I wonder what part of England he's in now, eh?

Well, it seems he isn't yet roaming around:
Quote:

A man jailed for 45 years for plotting to blow up an Israeli airline has been granted parole. The Parole Board decided that Nezar Hindawi, 57, was no longer a risk to the public and could be released after serving 26 years in prison.

But instead of being freed to walk the streets, the Jordanian is to remain in custody while the Government starts moves to deport him.

Source
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 10:44 am
@layman,
Hindawi's attempted bombing of that airliner had nothing to do with Islamism. It was state sponsored terrorism by Syria against Israel as part of their ongoing conflict.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:00 am
@InfraBlue,
Syria being a Muslim country and Israel being a Jewish country, you claim Islam had nothing to do with it? That seems highly unlikely.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:03 am
@Baldimo,
Syria was ruled by Alawites. IS don't consider them Moslems, and neither did Al Qaida.

You really don't know what's going on.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:22 am
@izzythepush,
It doesn't matter who considers who to be what, they were Muslim and they attacked Israel and attempted to blow up a plane. To claim they were not doing it in the name of Islam shows you to be the terrorists support we know you to be. See what I mean by excuses to give them a pass. Muslims attack Jews and you want to claim that because some other group doesn't consider them Muslims that they couldn't have committed these acts of terror in the name of their religion? Talk about who doesn't understand anything. Make more excuses for these guys to be terrorists, I'm sure they love the propaganda you are able to peddle.
BillRM

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes I had reached the conclusion from his postings that Izzy is a terrorists supporter.

Hopefully he is such a supporter only on the internet with his sick words, but who can tell for sure as he have so must understanding for the poor disaffected young men/killers and none is would seems for the victims of those poor young men.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:17 pm
@hingehead,
Oh I'm sure this is the case. They're hardly a mob of theologians, but their brand of Islam is still central to their goals. The most important aspect of their connection to Islam is that there are a very, very large number of Muslims who to one extent or another support them. Somewhere between the ignorant and politically motivated: The West is at war with Islam and Islam has nothing to do with their terrorism lies the truth.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:20 pm
@oralloy,
Sometimes, but not always. In one of these threads glitterbag actually had something cogent to add about war.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Syria's beef with Israel isn't about religion. It's about their opposition to the Zionist state and a territorial dispute. The Syrian government is secular. So is the Israeli government, for that matter.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Syria's beef with Israel isn't about religion. It's about their opposition to the Zionist state

It's not about religion but they are against the Zionist state? The entire idea of Israel is to be a Jewish country so if they are against the Zionist state, that is against the Jews. How is that not about their religion?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:56 pm
@Baldimo,
The Jewishness of Israel is ethnic. Most Israeli Jews are secular. They're not religious. There are, of course, religious Israelis, but the country is secular. Roughly one fifth of the Israeli population is Muslim.

The Syrians' beef with Israel is that Europeans went and established an ethnocentric state in Palestine that represses the rights of the indigenous population there. Also, and more pressing, is the territorial dispute over the Golan Heights between Syria and Israel which the latter usurped after their 1967 war.