Regarding the Attacks in Paris:

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
or you could just loosen up

this place used to way more fun before most of the posters here got those sticks up their butts
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:05 pm
@djjd62,
Hey I am loose just so long as no one is trying to **** me.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Hey I am loose just so long as no one is trying to **** me.

I am sure not trying to **** you.

I just write what I think is the truth.

Why is that soooooo difficult for you?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:13 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You are a sick, hate filled bucket of putrid grey cells. you sound like those John Birch sickos. Minds so full of hate, they think everyone is as twisted as they are. You are a sad excuse for a sentient being.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:15 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I hope you are among Isis because I think that the cilivilized countries have had enough of their shyt and are going after them with more bombs than they knew existed.

Isis? You mean that CIA-MOSSAD created thing?

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You are a sick, hate filled bucket of putrid grey cells. you sound like those John Birch sickos. Minds so full of hate, they think everyone is as twisted as they are. You are a sad excuse for a sentient being.

Why are you writing that? I sure don't feel any hate towards anyone. So your statement must come from somewhere if you get my drift. Wink

why am I twisted? Really, tell me.

Why one big Ad Hominem?

want to shoot the messenger because you don't like the message?

something like that?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:20 pm
http://www.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Untitled-231.jpg
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:22 pm
It's a Daddy thing.

Daddy ( our government) has raped you!

Oh no!!! Daddy would never do that!!!

Oh yes he does it all the time!

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:23 pm
http://cookross.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/denial1.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:11 pm

Muslims Around the World Condemn Paris Attacks

Outpouring of grief shared by people of all faiths and no faith.
By Adam Johnson / AlterNet
November 14, 2015

http://www.alternet.org/files/styles/story_image/public/story_images/shutterstock_114479500-paris.jpg
Paris, Champs-Elysees at night
Photo Credit: Ioan Panaite

One CIA estimate puts ISIS' total manpower at 31,500, about one-third the capacity of Rose Bowl stadium, or roughly, 0.0019% of the world's total Muslim population when rounding down to 1.6 billion. The idea that the remaining 1,599,965,000 Muslims ought to jump on Twitter and condemn ISIS isn't just silly, it's a definition of prejudice. But here we are. Another attack, another round of people calling on moderate Muslims to condemn something they had nothing to do with. Or as Mohamed Ghilan tweeted last year:
Shop ▾

ADVERTISING

Click to enlarge.

Nevertheless, Muslims from around the world are making it clear ISIS does not represent their values. Iran's Supreme Leader Hassan Rouhani denounced the attacks, postponing his trip to Europe to renew peace talks on the Syrian conflict. Iran and Iran-backed Hezbollah fight ISIS and other extremists in Syria (as well as non-Salafists). The day before the Paris attacks, militants claiming allegiance to ISIS bombed a civilian area of Beirut in an effort to undermine Hezbollah's support there.

Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, the president of Indonesia, the largest Muslim country on earth, roundly condemned the attacks, telling reporters, "Indonesia condemns the violence that took place in Paris." In a now-viral video on YouTube, a Moroccan man expressed his condolences to the victims, saying, "These so-called jihadists only represent themselves."

Arab states Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Egypt have all condemned the attacks, though it should be noted, the unelected rulers who run the Saudi Kingdom and Qatar have routinely funded and armed jihadists in Syria.

The largest Muslim group in the United States, CAIR, quickly condemned the attacks, insisting, "These savage and despicable attacks on civilians, whether they occur in Paris, Beirut or any other city, are outrageous and without justification." The US Council of Muslim Organizations released a statement also condemning the attack.

Thousands more Muslims took to Twitter to express sorrow, solidarity and solace. A good breakdown can be seen here and here.

We will update this post as more information comes in.

Adam Johnson is an associate editor at AlterNet. Follow him on Twitter at @adamjohnsonnyc.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
So if an ideology encourages killing as a means to an end it can't be blamed if some of the people killed are adherents themselves?

Now, I don't believe Islam encourages killing, but the fact that ISIS has killed thousands upon thousands of Muslims doesn't prove anything about Islam and the role it plays in these terrorist attacks.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm not sure who is blaming refugees. I watched a lot of TV coverage of the attack and didn't see anyone blaming refugees, but if they had, Mr. Holloway (and presumably you) would not have nailed anything with this vapid tweet.

If someone has connected the attack to the refugees, I'm quite certain that they did so in terms of the refugee situation being a cover for ISIS operatives entering the country. Clearly all of the refugees that have entered Europe couldn't possible have participated in the attack and so only an madman would suggest they did. There's nothing particularly clever about refuting the insane. Anyone can do it.

Blaming the refugee situation is quite different from blaming the refugees. Is this really so difficult for you Holloway and Klein to understand?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:23 pm
@djjd62,
He does indeed, but fortunately A2K provides us with the "ignore user" function which I almost never employ but did so with Q after reading a series of his incoherent comments in another thread. Coming now to this one, based on the few responses to him, I'm glad I did. What's the point of reading his rambling nonsense?

All of the little "ignored user" lines are strangely satisfying.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Blaming the refugee situation is quite different from blaming the refugees.
AKA there are too many possibly dangerous people to watch, which is because there are so many refugees, but we dont know yet if any refugees are guilty of committing terrorist attacks in France .

Much too complicated a situation for some to grasp.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'm not sure who is blaming refugees.

my twitter feed last night was full of bullshit tweets blaming refugees

when challenged, the tweeters tendency was to double down

the Jeff Duncan tweet got a lot of reaction

https://radio.foxnews.com/2015/11/14/republican-congressman-blames-fleeing-syrian-refugees-for-paris-attack/

(his whole unvetted thing is bs, since UNHCR is handling that - came up in our federal election and is part of what lost the election for the conservatives)

there was some pretty damn racist (and stupid) stuff happening - "brown can hide in brown" kind of crap.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:50 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm not clear that bombing obliteration is at all smart.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Finding then and embarrassing them to the world, better.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 06:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
And yet our government was expected to apologize to the Muslim world when some kooky pastor threatened to burn Korans and when some Coptic Christian put a video about Mohammed on the internet. By Johnson's logic, Muslims are far more prejudiced than we are, because not only did they expect us to condemn the acts they expected us to apologize and they demonstrated and rioted to boot.

Condemning a heinous act is not an indication of one's complicity. The fact that the majority of Muslims in the world had nothing to do with the attack is meaningless. President Obama regularly condemns violent acts around the world. Is this because he had something to do with them?

Johnson typically and disingenuously ignores the fact that while of course only a handful of Muslims carried out the attack, quite a large number of the world's Muslims express some level of support for the group that seems to have carried it out. Based on a number of recent polls it is suggested that 81% of all Arabs support ISIS (al-Jazeera), 80% of London Muslims support ISIS (Populus) and over 42 million Muslims support ISIS (The Clarion Project). We are all aware of similar polls indicating widespread support of Osama bin Laden among the Muslim world when he was alive.

If 80% of American indicated they supported the burning of Korans or vile videos about the prophet Mohammed, Muslims around the world would rightfully be concerned about what we thought of them and would very much like to see us condemning such actions.

After every one of these attacks there are Muslim leaders condemning the violence and regretting the deaths of innocents, but talk is cheap. I'm sure there are some heart felt statements among these. but as Johnson himself acknowledges (because it fits his politics rather than his argument) the powers that rule Saudi Arabia and Qatar routinely fund Islamist terrorist groups.

And I would take the condemnation from CAIR more seriously if they weren't part of the terrorist network themselves. They were “unindicted co-conspirators and/or joint venturers” in a criminal conspiracy to support Hamas financially. While they have issued similar expressions of regret over violence perpetrated by Hamas they have never condemned Hamas with whom they have very close ties.

In 2008 the FBI ended all contacts with CAIR because of concern over its continuing terrorist ties

At least seven board members or staff at CAIR have been arrested, denied entry to the U.S., or were indicted on or pled guilty to (or were convicted of) terrorist charges: Siraj Wahhaj, Bassem Khafagi, Randall (“Ismail”) Royer, Ghassan Elashi, Rabih Haddad, Muthanna Al-Hanooti, and Nabil Sadoun.

In 2014 the United Arab Emirates’ ministerial cabinet CAIR as one of 83 proscribed terrorist organizations.

It's not enough to for these leaders to issue boilerplate statements of condemnation and regret. We need to see a change of attitude among Muslims. On another thread, Walter indicated that Muslims were organizing anti-ISIS demonstrations around Europe. Unfortunately I can't find evidence of such demonstrations on the web, but if they are taking place that is a big step forward providing they have turnouts greater than the 50 who showed up in a demonstration held in Ireland in July of this year.

Yes, in the face of so many indications that a sizable portion of the Ummah support Islamist terrorists, I do expect to see moderate Muslims not only condemn the violence but the groups responsible for it and I expect them to take steps to clean this horrid stain from their religion.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 06:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wouldn't be surprised if none of the killers or all of the killers entered the country as refugees. Only a fool thinks that aren't terrorists coming through with the waves of refugees. I don't blame the refugees themselves but I don't think it's outlandish to blame the refugee situation and how Europe is handling it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 06:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, I would agree that anyone blaming the refugees themselves for the attack is an idiot, but there are lots of idiots in the world including ones who think it is prejudicial to expect moderate Muslims to condemn these acts of terrorism.
0 Replies