Unfit for Command

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:02 pm
MR McCain, having been a victim of the "Bush agenda" is probably a bit sensitive.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
JustWonders wrote:
They have as much right as anyone to tell the truth about what really happened.

Except it's not the truth they are telling.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 09:03 pm
Maybe if Kerry would release ALL of his military records, we could actually determine who is telling the truth. Until he does, people will continue to wonder just what it is that he needs to hide.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 09:44 pm
JustWonders,

Kerry doesn't need to release anything. Politically this issue is a big win for Kerry and if his strategists know what they are doing (and I believe they do) they want this controversy to last as long as possible. They just have to appear to be handling it mostly appropriately.

The Republicans are letting Kerry talk about his war record while he is being backed up by a prominant Republican McCain. He continues to be defended by his crewmates.

The attacks only resonate with rabid Bush supporters. In the battle for the all important swing voter, these attacks are nothing but good news for Kerry.

Strategically, he should ride them as long as possible. I assume that is what his will do. He certainly doesn't want to do anything to make them stop.

The Kerry supporters here will give you a special thank you when Kerry wins the election.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 11:09 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
JustWonders,

Kerry doesn't need to release anything. Politically this issue is a big win for Kerry and if his strategists know what they are doing (and I believe they do) they want this controversy to last as long as possible.

LOL, that is why they are sueing to get the book ad off the air.

Kerry wants this buried fast, the truth could sink him.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:06 am
ebrown_p wrote:

The attacks only resonate with rabid Bush supporters. In the battle for the all important swing voter, these attacks are nothing but good news for Kerry.

de Nile...

http://www.germantownacademy.org/academics/ms/6th/ancientegypt/ajj/icon/big.jpg
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:55 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:
Kerry doesn't need to release anything.

Perhaps, but as long as there are two versions of what really happened way back then, wouldn't the actual records be helpful? One of the doctors who treated one of Kerry's so-called war wounds said this morning in an interview that it was nothing but a scratch. So you think this doctor would lie about it because he's a Republican or something?

I may be the only one, but it disturbs me that he may have something to hide in being so reluctant to release this war record of which he's so proud and boastful.

Even the few that seem to support Kerry's version have little or nothing to say about how he received his wounds or the extent of his injuries. I was able to find one comment by Kerry shrugging off one wound saying he was among the "walking wounded" (he still applied for and got the Purple Heart for that one, though).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:14 am
perhaps, there's always the chance, that some medals such as purple hearts are given or withheld sans fairplay, in the heat of war. Perhaps the military should undertake a re-evaluation of all issuance of commendations going back thru Korea. I would guess that many received and many did not receive medals that they deserved.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:29 am
"LOL" = Karzak's most frequent rejoinder.

Will see who's LOL the morning after the election, dude...
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:41 am
D'artagnan wrote:
"LOL" = Karzak's most frequent rejoinder.

Will see who's LOL the morning after the election, dude...

Yes we will, LOL.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:13 am
Yes we will, LOL.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:16 am
Seein' as Karzak's wearin' the pic of a star of a Michael Moore film, I'm LOLing already.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:18 am
John Candy deserves better than to be Karzak's icon...
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 12:16 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
John Candy deserves better than to be Karzak's icon...

LOL, no, he doesn't.
0 Replies

Robin Hood

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:07 pm
LOL
LOL!
It seems I have stumbled across my lost tribe of Merry Men!
Mind if I join in all the hilarity?
LOL, LOL, LOL!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:08 pm
Welcome to A2K Robin Hood. By all means join in the fun. We're not all crazy here. We just look like we are.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:10 pm
Yes, welcome, Robin. The political threads are full of fun here. It's where all the jesters hang out.

LOL!
0 Replies

Robin Hood

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:34 pm
Wow. A whole page of fun and such a warm welcome.
I almost hate to get back to the topic,
but what happened to Ralph Dobson?
On 7/24 I visited
SwiftVets
and Dobson supported Kerry, and now he doesn't.
Even weirder: In this morning's Boston Globe article it looked like Captain Elliott had done the same thing in reverse, except now that's not true? Elliot Reaffirms
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:41 pm
Discussion the most strange turn of events re Elliott is in progress on the Democrat Convention thread.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:52 pm
Robin Hood wrote:
Wow. A whole page of fun and such a warm welcome.
I almost hate to get back to the topic,
but what happened to Ralph Dobson?
On 7/24 I visited
SwiftVets
and Dobson supported Kerry, and now he doesn't.
Even weirder: In this morning's Boston Globe article it looked like Captain Elliott had done the same thing in reverse, except now that's not true? Elliot Reaffirms

The writer of the Boston Globe article, Michael Kranish, is also one of the authors of three books on Kerry and one coming about Kerry/Edwards.

Not exactly unbiased reporting in his corner, eh?
0 Replies