The Olympic Games in Athens will start in a couple of weeks.
Perhaps a Fantasy Prediction Game will make them more fun.
6 Simple Rules of the Game:
1. Every participant will choose a "team" of 15 national olympic teams (divided by gender in the case of the USA and Russia teams). The aggregate result of these national olympic teams will determine the winner, on the basis of 5 points for every gold medal, 3 points for every silver medal, and 1 point for every bronze medal.
2. The 15 national olympic teams must be chosen from 4 different pools, in which the nations have been divided, according to their performance in Sydney 2000, plus a host nation factor.
3. Each participant must choose 2 olympic teams from Group A, 3 olympic teams from Group B, 5 olympic teams from Group C and 5 Olympic teams from Group D (with encompasses all nations not in any of the former groups).
4. Since the USA and Russia Olympic Teams gets the most medals, they will be divided in USA Male, USA Female, Russia Male, Russia Female. Any medal won by a mixed duo or team (equestrian team medals, for example), will count for both male and female teams.
5. The medal count will be based on the OIC count. That is, collective medals count as one.
6. All participants must enter their predictions before midnight August 12, US CST (which is also Mexico City's
NEW DEADLINE: 23:59, August 13, CST (07:59 Athens time)
Winner: Virtual Gold
Medal, and congratulations from every one.
Runner Up: Virtual Silver
Third Place: Virtual Bronze
All other participant national olympic teams.
*Australia's 2000 performance would put the team in Group A, and Greece's 2000 performance would put the team in Group C, the promotion and demotion are due to the change of host city.
I'll do my best to post daily standings of the A2K Fantasy Olympics Predition Game.
Good luck to everyone.
Edited for new deadline for entries.