When will Jeb Bush give up his candidacy?

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Just like you and Hillary. Same thing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:56 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Just like you and Hillary. Same thing.

You are a naive waif, Lash. And whether you are doing it on purpose or accidentally, you are advocating serious damage to the progressive agenda. (Personally I think you are a fraud...and the damage you are doing is being done on purpose.)

You claim this election will bring "sea change" to the process.

I say Hillary will squeak out a victory over Rubio...and almost all of the people running for re-election will win. There is no sea change on the horizon.

We'll see who is correct next November.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
We will. Polls show a mass migration of Republicans and Indies for Bernie. He's surging again. The democrat party is splitting. The GOP is morphing. A new authentic progressive party is shaping.

Interesting to watch.
djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
if Hillary wins wouldn't that be a "C" change?
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:51 am
@djjd62,
In her specific case, absolutely.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 09:07 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Naughty, naughty!!!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 09:13 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

We will. Polls show a mass migration of Republicans and Indies for Bernie. He's surging again. The democrat party is splitting. The GOP is morphing. A new authentic progressive party is shaping.

Interesting to watch.

I can understand Republicans for Bernie in the Primaries. They want to sabotage the election against the Democrats (perhaps as you do, perhaps as you are accidentally doing.)

There are people (I'm one of them) encouraging the Republicans to vote for Trump or Cruz in the primaries. I want to see the Dems win.

Bernie Sanders, great ideas though he may have, will NEVER be elected president of these United States...and the only thing his inclusion on the ticket will do is to insure a Republican victory.

IF it happens...I would not be surprised to see you coming back here and gloating about how your kind of thinking and activity MADE IT HAPPEN.

But it is not going to happen!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 09:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Naughty, naughty!!!

Please help out us slow folk...what is "C"? Given my disdain for Obama I have it as a **** change but that cant be right as you kind like him as I recall.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 09:42 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Naughty, naughty!!!

Please help out us slow folk...what is "C"? Given my disdain for Obama I have it as a **** change but that cant be right as you kind like him as I recall.

I suspect when djjd62 wrote "C change" he had that word in mind. It appeared to be a play on words. I was merely responding to the perceived play on words with my "naughty, naughty."
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
males also have genitailia that begin with "C"

of course whether I liked him or not, he's still a politician so **** could work that way too
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 10:26 pm
Quote:
“Jeb just isn’t very talented at this. And the problem is that Jeb has been coddled by a group of people who worship Jeb,” said one high-level Republican strategist, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “They ran a campaign based on what they wanted the party to be, instead of what the party was.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/jeb-bush-donors-polls-216436#ixzz3tPugM1Dd

Yep. They are not the only ones to be so massively out of touch with reality either.

Quote:
Mike Murphy, the Los Angeles-based ad man running Bush’s Right to Rise super PAC, isn’t about to leave the $75 million left in the group’s bank account unspent and is readying a 15-minute biographical film about Bush.

What do you figure the little people think when they read this?

Quote:
But in more private conversations, many on Bush’s payroll are turning to resignation and even gallows humor. One lamented to friends about not getting to spend the entire winter in Miami; others have been wondering aloud if the campaign will even make it through January to the first in the nation Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1.
“I think staff morale is exceedingly low,” said a Bush donor based in New York City. “I suspect they know they’re in a death spiral now. There’s no getting out of this.”

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 03:29 pm
So Iowa was a bust for Bush and New Hampshire is not shaping up any better. What is it going to take for Bush to bow out and send all his supporters to Rubio? Going past South Carolina seems like lunacy unless his polls start turning around and I can't see anything that is going to push him back into people's view.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 03:34 pm
@engineer,
I just posted quite a bit from this article

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/

in the mixed politics thread.

Interesting stuff about what happened to Jeb is in the middle.

Good read.

Interesting to see more of David Frum's development.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:13 pm
@engineer,
This might be far-fetched, but sometimes I wonder if Jeb is staying in and hopes that as time goes on the others will run out of money or get discouraged and drop out. I don't have a clue if the Bush family and friends have enough money to maintain him. I suspect he's hoping that by the time its down to the front runner he will be the only other candidate and is expecting to be more palatable than say Carson, Cruz or Rubio. I don't think Carly will stay in much longer, but the extremely far out long shot is Rand Paul. He's making the rounds of the late night shows and has been much more likable when he's not pandering to the far right. That's jut me spitballing, but I do hope the republicans run a candidate that doesn't send me into a panic. If the Republicans gain the White House I want to be able to feel happy that the winner is not another rash thug like Bush 43.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Rand Paul dropped out earlier today.

pundits are trying to figure out where his NH supporters will land
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks Beth, I've been avoiding the television and political sites today. The talking heads have been guessing since Obama was sworn in for his first term what might happen. It's been relentless, and I'm tired. The election isn't until November 2016 and it seems the "news" people.............I don't think I have the energy right now to calmly express how I view the people who are yammering away like magpies examining every word that comes out of a candidates mouth like those rabid sports commentators that provide blow by blow coverage and pepper the commentary with tedious tidbits of sports trivia. It's the election of a new President, I take it seriously even if the pontificators don't.
engineer

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:45 pm
@glitterbag,
The answer is 2/20/2016. Bush gives up his run after a poor showing in South Carolina even with the backing of Lindsey Graham and his family stumping for him in the state.
Lash

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 09:09 pm
I don't think this guy ever got over 2%.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 09:24 pm
@engineer,
I guess the fat lady sang for Jeb.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 09:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Trump sang.
0 Replies