18
   

When will Jeb Bush give up his candidacy?

 
 
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 04:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
There’s yet another Republican presidential debate scheduled for tonight, and as we sit patiently waiting for the candidates to take the stage, let’s revisit one of the critical moments from the last debate. Jeb Bush, in need of a strong performance and looking to take down Marco Rubio a few pegs, let rip with an attack on Rubio’s shoddy attendance record in the Senate. Rubio was ready for the attack, easily deflected it, and then turned it back on Jeb by making him look petty and desperate. It was a disaster for Jeb, and it happened because Bush and his political operation spent the days and weeks leading up to the debate making it painfully obvious that he would attack Rubio along these lines, giving Rubio all the time in the world to prepare and practice his response.

So now Jeb is coming into this debate in even worse shape and in even greater need of a strong performance and/or a Rubio flameout. Given the pantsing he received the last time around, you’d think Jebworld would have learned its lesson about telegraphing attacks. But, alas, Team Jeb just can’t keep its mouth shut. As the New York Times reports this morning, Bush’s super PAC, Right to Rise, is sinking $20 million into anti-Rubio attack ads, and it has plans to go after his record on, of all things, abortion:


http://www.salon.com/2015/11/10/jeb_bush_is_committing_politcal_malpractice_his_super_pac_has_an_embarrassingly_bad_scheme_to_destroy_marco_rubio/

A timely reminder that what ever the problem is with the personality on stage we also have in JEB!16 a consistent record of being incompetent at politics.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 04:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
There’s yet another Republican presidential debate scheduled for tonight, and as we sit patiently waiting for the candidates to take the stage, let’s revisit one of the critical moments from the last debate. Jeb Bush, in need of a strong performance and looking to take down Marco Rubio a few pegs, let rip with an attack on Rubio’s shoddy attendance record in the Senate. Rubio was ready for the attack, easily deflected it, and then turned it back on Jeb by making him look petty and desperate. It was a disaster for Jeb, and it happened because Bush and his political operation spent the days and weeks leading up to the debate making it painfully obvious that he would attack Rubio along these lines, giving Rubio all the time in the world to prepare and practice his response.

So now Jeb is coming into this debate in even worse shape and in even greater need of a strong performance and/or a Rubio flameout. Given the pantsing he received the last time around, you’d think Jebworld would have learned its lesson about telegraphing attacks. But, alas, Team Jeb just can’t keep its mouth shut. As the New York Times reports this morning, Bush’s super PAC, Right to Rise, is sinking $20 million into anti-Rubio attack ads, and it has plans to go after his record on, of all things, abortion:


http://www.salon.com/2015/11/10/jeb_bush_is_committing_politcal_malpractice_his_super_pac_has_an_embarrassingly_bad_scheme_to_destroy_marco_rubio/

A timely reminder that what ever the problem is with the personality on stage we also have in JEB!16 a consistent record of being incompetent at politics.


When I read that he was telegraphing this...I was astonished. It is like a fighter sticking out his jaw to an opponent.

Some people just never learn.

Best not to elect those people to important positions.
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 04:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It is like a fighter sticking out his jaw to an opponent.


"I AM THE GUY WHO WILL FIGHT BEST FOR YOU IN WASHINGTON"

Really?

In the intel business they call this stomping on your approach, it is 100% proof that you dont know what you are doing.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 10:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where was Bush in this debate? Have not looked at anything ...this is all me....but I did not see much of him, and what I did see was a bit better than he has been before but not by much. You could almost feel him trying to hit the marks his handlers have given him.

Not good.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 05:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
At the end of the evening, Bush insisted that America doesn’t need “an agitator in chief or divider in chief” but rather a “commander in chief.” But when he got the chance Tuesday night to show how convincing he could be in that role, he wound up sounding less forceful than a rookie libertarian senator, a businesswoman with no real foreign policy experience, and his 44-year-old protégé from Florida, all in the span of a few short minutes.

Bush ended his closing statement with time to spare. He looked like a man who knew his moment had passed.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/how-jeb-bush-missed-his-big-opportunity-in-070433790.html

Just another case of the guy who says he is the best pro wanting the job turning in amatuer work.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:59 am
Everything that had to be said about the Republican cadidates last night was said in the first few minutes...when several of the participants essentially said:

The reason we are losing jobs is because of the greed of the labor class rather than the wealthy owners and CEO's. America's workers want to earn more than people who work in Bangladesh and rural China...which is a sure job killer.

Anyone who votes for a Republican is a goddam idiot.
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Anyone who votes for a Republican is a goddam idiot.


What they don't get: is we WANT jobs and a decent living standard.
0 Replies
 
revelette2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The reason we are losing jobs is because of the greed of the labor class rather than the wealthy owners and CEO's. America's workers want to earn more than people who work in Bangladesh and rural China...which is a sure job killer.



Your kidding me, right? Why do the republican voters buy into that self serving crap mouthed by republican leaders? A bunch of dupes, no offense.
revelette2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:48 am
Rubio ‘won’ Tuesday’s GOP debate, but he didn’t deserve to

Quote:
Judging primary campaign debates can be a tricky business, because those most effective on stage and before partisan base voters often aren’t the one who are most reasonable. Tuesday night’s Republican presidential debate is a classic example. Jeb Bush and Ohio Gov. John Kasich claimed moral victories. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, by contrast, were careless zealots. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, meanwhile, “won” the debate, in part because the moderators didn’t pin him down on politically tricky issues.

More than any other substantive issue, immigration has sorted the GOP candidates into those who would like to govern in reality and those who want to do something else. Trump repeated his call for mass deporting illegal immigrants — before allowing some to come back, presumably the good ones, who would re-enter through a classy door. Cruz amplified Trump’s comments with this fantastical statement: “If Republicans join Democrats as the party of amnesty, we will lose.” On the contrary, if Republicans nominate an immigration hard-liner, they will lose.

John Kasich fought back:


For the 11 million people, come on, folks. We all know you can’t pick them up and ship them across, back across the border. It’s a silly argument. It is not an adult argument. It makes no sense.

Jeb Bush did, too:


Twelve million illegal immigrants, to send them back, 500,000 a month, is just not — not possible. And it’s not embracing American values. And it would tear communities apart. And it would send a signal that we’re not the kind of country that I know America is. And even having this conversation sends a powerful signal — they’re doing high-fives in the Clinton campaign right now when they hear this. That’s the problem with this. We have to win the presidency. And the way you win the presidency is to have practical plans. Lay them out there. What we need to do is allow people to earn legal status where they pay a fine, where they work, where they don’t commit crimes, where they learn English, and over an extended period of time, they earn legal status.

But when the moderators turned to Rubio, a candidate with a complicated history on the immigration issue who would no doubt like to play both sides, they lobbed him this softball: “With factories run by robots and shopping done increasingly on smartphones, many traditional jobs are just going away. How do you reassure American workers that their jobs are not being steadily replaced by machines?” That’s effectively asking Rubio to recite the “economy” portion of his stump speech. He took advantage of this and the other opportunities the moderators handed him to display his rhetorical gifts.

The situation was similar as the candidates discussed banking — of the central variety and otherwise. Cruz called for re-adopting the gold standard, a position that, economist Justin Wolfers pointed out on Twitter, “literally 0% of leading economists favor” in a recent poll. Rand Paul questioned whether “we want a Federal Reserve that’s involved so much in determining interest rates.” In the undercard debate, Chris Christie accused the Fed of manipulating interest rates to benefit President Obama’s poll numbers. Though they might resonate with some Republicans, these lines of argument, if acted upon, would be economically toxic.

Meanwhile, the most notable thing Bush and Kasich called for on banking regulation was increasing the amount of capital banks have to keep on hand to cover their operations. Though a debatable point, it’s well within the realm of reasonable economic discussion.

The moderators turned to Rubio and asked, “Why should the American people trust you to lead this country, even though [Hillary Clinton] has been so much closer to the office?” Another softball. Rubio swung: “This election is about the future, about what kind of country this nation is gonna be in the 21st century….” You get the picture.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:53 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:
The reason we are losing jobs is because of the greed of the labor class rather than the wealthy owners and CEO's. America's workers want to earn more than people who work in Bangladesh and rural China...which is a sure job killer.



Your kidding me, right? Why do the republican voters buy into that self serving crap mouthed by republican leaders? A bunch of dupes, no offense.


It seems incredible that they do, Revelette...BUT THEY DO.

They buy into that nonsense...in effect, steadying the hand of someone trying to slit their throats.

RABEL222
 
  4  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Unfortunately we seem to have more goddam idiots than educated U S citizens.
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 11:08 am
@RABEL222,
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo7V81aM.jpg.jpg&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi265.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii234%2Febay2002%2FAmerican%2520Splendor%2FAmericanSplendor02-00-FC.jpg&f=1
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 04:09 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Unfortunately we seem to have more goddam idiots than educated U S citizens.

Alternatively this opinion of yours might be the proof that you are now aware enough to understand what is going on around you.
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 04:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo7V81aM.jpg.jpg&f=1




Carlin was right, but the stupids occupy all the colors on the political spectrum. It just comes down to where the higher percentages reside, and I dont have an answer for that. It does however look to me that the stupid runs strong just about everywhere, to include in the elite. The think we need to get our heads around is that a lot of the product from what are said to be the best universities are crap when it comes to wisdom. They are more often than not good intellectual manipulators, but that does not equate to smart.
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 04:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

Unfortunately we seem to have more goddam idiots than educated U S citizens.

Alternatively this opinion of yours might be the proof that you are not aware enough to understand what is going on around you.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  5  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Which you are not.
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:42 pm
@RABEL222,
I am crushed.
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 12:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Jeb Bush said a peculiar thing last night:

Quote:
What we ought to do is raise the capital requirements so banks aren't too big to fail. Dodd-Frank has actually done the opposite, totally the opposite, where banks now have higher concentration of risk in assets and the capital requirements aren't high enough. If we were serious about it, we would raise the capital requirements and lessen the load on the community banks and other financial institutions.


The is peculiar for two reasons. First, it's unlikely that most viewers had the slightest idea what he was talking about. Second, he has things exactly backward. In fact, Dodd-Frank mandates higher and safer capital levels, and it does so largely because of a Republican amendment to the act.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/11/whats-jeb-bushs-weird-wonky-totally-wrong-riff-dodd-frank

JEB! the allegedly above board pro turns out again to be full of ****.
0 Replies
 
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 08:04 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/add676706f2301331d2e005056a9545d.jpg
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:35 pm
This is what Jeb Bush would do if he were about 1000% better than JEB!:

He would announce a presser for next Tue. He would not leak a thing. On Tue he says something like " You know what, this is not for me....when over half of those saying they lean republican are telling the posters that they intend to vote for carson and trump, I gotta tell you, I am out. If you care what what think vote for Rubio, he is a smart good man and I trust him. But take a look at the people you are voting for and take a look at yourselves. We are a great country but we have major problems, we need smart serious people to make sure our kids have a better America than we have...... are you seriously telling me that either Ben Carson or Donald Trump is the right guy??

OK, I am out. (handwave)

Lets test this theory that people can be shamed into not voting Trump.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 04/14/2024 at 01:54:02