When will Jeb Bush give up his candidacy?

djjd62

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 08:01 am
@engineer,
as bad as running and not really wanting the job is, i find it equally disturbing when someone is over eager

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 09:25 am
Jeb Bush Gets SCHOOLED For Saying ‘Psych Majors Will All Work At Chick-fil-A’
Here’s what he said at a South Carolina town hall, attended by Senator Tim Scott and Rep. Trey Gowdy:

“Universities ought to have skin in the game. When a student shows up, they ought to say ‘Hey, that psych major deal, that philosophy major thing, that’s great, it’s important to have liberal arts … but realize, you’re going to be working a Chick-fil-A.'”

http://i2.wp.com/www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/jeb1.jpg

http://i1.wp.com/www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/jeb2.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/jeb6.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/jeb5.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/jeb4.jpg

[img][/img]
Lash

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 09:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Glorious!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 09:30 am
@engineer,
My dad used to say the two jobs you probably really don't want the volunteers to do is POTUS and cop.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:58 am
Jindal edges ahead of Bush in Iowa poll
Source: The Hill

Bobby Jindal, the Louisiana governor who has been relegated to the undercard debate throughout the GOP presidential race, has edged out former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush in a new poll of Iowa.

Jindal scored 6 percent support in the survey from Public Policy Polling (PPP), one percentage point ahead of Bush, though within the poll’s 3.9 percent margin of error.

Still, the uptick for Jindal is broadly indicative of just how far Bush has fallen — something that has been exacerbated by his poor showing in last week’s Republican debate.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/258885-jindal-edges-ahead-of-bush-in-iowa-poll

How low can he go (limbo music)?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:14 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HelleJ/2015/HelleJ20151103_low.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 02:21 pm
Jeb Bush’s Campaign Is Pre-Emptively Warning of Dark Polling Days Ahead
Source: Slate

Pundits saw a host of potential winners in last week’s Republican debate: Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and—in their own unique ways—Ben Carson and Donald Trump, among them. The consensus, though, was not about who won, but who lost: Jeb Bush, the onetime GOP front-runner who was judged to have been so bad on stage that conservatives and liberals alike saw the beginning of the end of his campaign.

And so as Jeb! tries to reboot his campaign for the fifth time, his staff is urging patience, but also indicating that things might get a lot worse before they get better for the Bush campaign:

Tim Miller @Timodc
FYI political press corps. Jeb's going to have a few weeks of bad polls. Comebacks take time, we recognize and are prepared for that.
3:21 PM - 2 Nov 2015

The fact that Bush’s communication director felt the need to launch a pre-emptive warning is a pretty good sign that his campaign’s internal polling numbers paint a pretty dark picture for what’s to come. We’ll have to wait a bit longer for the first full post-debate national surveys to see what the numbers say about a man who began the year as the de facto favorite for his party’s nomination.

Read more: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/11/03/jeb_bush_s_is_preparing_for_really_bad_polling_news.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 02:23 pm
Quote:
Jeb Bush fashions himself the thinking man’s Republican candidate for president. Donald Trump, he declared late last month, is “not serious.” When it comes to foreign policy, Trump hasn’t “thought these things through.” Trump is “not taking the responsibility—the possibility of becoming the president of the United States really seriously.”

So what are Jeb’s well-thought-out, serious foreign-policy views? He offered a few on Monday in what aides dubbed an important speech aimed at resetting his presidential campaign. And they were insane.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/jeb-bush-foreign-policy/413947/

This is getting to be a familiar refrain, that Jeb postures as being the best quality on governing policy but in truth his ideas suck. On the other hand we also keep getting told " you know I hate to say this, but Trump is right about this".
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:42 am
Quote:
Late last week, Bush introduced a new campaign slogan: "Jeb Can Fix It." He has started using it in stump speeches and in visuals at his campaign appearances. But there's one thing Bush and his team forgot as they rolled out the slogan: No one from his team bought the domain name.

NPR caught up with Jimmy Flannigan, a self-described community organizer, activist and Web developer in Northwest Austin. Flannigan adopted the campaign slogan "Flannigan Can Fix It" during his 2014 Austin City Council run. And when he heard of Bush's new slogan, he felt his idea had been stolen, in a way. So he got even. He bought jebcanfixit.com.

The site leads with the Jeb 2016 logo, but instead of an exclamation point after the name, there's a question mark. Below, this question: "Is Jeb running for President or City Council?" Below that, Flannigan embedded one of his campaign videos: a six-minute, single-shot opus, with Flannigan rescuing cats from trees, pouring old women wine and changing a baby's diaper — all while telling viewers why he deserves their vote.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/04/454387525/theres-a-jeb-can-fix-it-website-jeb-bush-doesnt-own-it

At this point the question is how many times to we need to get to the conclusion that Jeb Bush is not up to the job before we move on? This is the guy who sells himself on expertise, on experience....REALLY!

EDIT: Just who exactly where those idiots who handed this clown over $100 million in supper pak money before he even started talking? And the elite wonder why the little people no longer trust them??!!
0 Replies

puzzledperson

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:51 am
@engineer,
When you pry it from his cold, dead fingers. No, wait, that's Ted Cruz.

Since Jeb doesn't have other, pressing business, like a senatorial or gubernatorial seat to defend, or a private company that requires his personal, day to day attention, I presume he'll stay in the race as long as he has funding to do so.

Despite rumors of impatient donors, his fundraising position seems fine according to the latest quarterly reports filed.

Jeb repeatedly says that he takes the long view. Presumably this reflects conventional wisdom which his donors share, since Jeb is conventional and presumably backers attracted to him are too.

What this means in practice is this: imagine a horserace where certain privileged spectators are allowed to put up tripwires even as the horses are rounding the bend for the final lap or two.

In this case the privileged spectators are political PACs and the tripwires are propaganda in the form of one negative television and radio ad after another, exposing or purporting to expose every doctrinal inconsistency, bad decision, and skeleton in the closet of opposing frontrunners.

Just look at what happened to Hilary's poll numbers during the recent e-mail scandal. If that had been done later it might have had an effect on the nomination process. But now her poll numbers have recovered. It seems as though voters are both fickle and possessed of short memories.

Donald Trump has been getting a free ride, but his past actions and positions in the public record make him a walking time bomb and vulnerable to saturation advertising of a negative sort by Republican PACs with patriotic and conservative sounding names.

Ben Carson is a nebbish who follows a Christian sect that is at least as cultish and deviationist as Mormonism. I wonder what evangelical Republicans will say when it comes to their attention that Carson doesn't believe in an afterlife and that heaven and hell don't exist. (A belief in resurrection and judgment isn't the same in his case.) Why Donald Trump doesn't make hay with this (or discretely get somebody else to do it for him, since Trump may not want to open that can of worms personally), I don't know. Carson also has or had close connections to a debunked nutritional supplement cum cure-all and has been sued for major malpractice in his area of medical expertise. Then there are his stories of teenaged violence. I'd be surprised if his opponents haven't put private investigators onto that, who have dug up actual or supposed witnesses ready to spring some very unpleasant testimonials.

Jeb is such a middle of the road, conventional figure,that I doubt anything can be dug up on him for a primary campaign, except RINO tendencies. At some point, when everyone else has been covered in mud, and the political pundits start making the point over and over that the party needs a candidate who can win a general election, his prospects might rise.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:06 am
Quote:
Snacking on a banana and the ever-handy jerky between campaign stops in eastern New Hampshire, Bush affected displeasure when an aide, Tim Miller, offered up a party-sized bag of M&Ms for “a little energy.” “You think I need a little more energy?” Bush joked.

Mixing dry wit with sober reflection, Bush laid out his current state of mind. “I felt really good about the debate I screwed up on,” he says, candidly. He lightheartedly apologized to France for understating their workweek in his failed assault on Sen. Marco Rubio. “I really did a disservice to the French,” he added with a chuckle.

As for the forces that have pushed him from the top-tier, he was still not sure what they meant. “I’m not smart enough to know—to explain the Trump or Carson phenomenon yet,” Bush says, before praising the retired neurosurgeon leading nationally in the GOP polls.

http://time.com/4100363/jeb-bush-bus-new-hampshire/

And people call Trump incoherent? JEB! is babbling.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 10:32 am
@hawkeye10,
no hes not. Hes being rather introspective, something that moron Trump couldnt even spell.

Why is the Donald starting to flag? Could it be that hes last weeks flavor for the masses?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Why is the Donald starting to flag? Could it be that hes last weeks flavor for the masses?

From that data I have seen Trumps current main problem is with women. I dont expect that to be a serious long term problem. More serious is his reliance on free media and the need to have biting sound bites to get play. Surely he has a plan to get off that but I have no idea what that is. Is he willing to sink a lot of what ever money he has into this? That has always been the unknown for me, how serious he is about this.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 04:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I see hes going to open his coffers with a paltry 300K worth of his carp face.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 04:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

no hes not. Hes being rather introspective, something that moron Trump couldnt even spell.

Because the media says he is. The masses aren't all that fickle really. Different polls, different questions, different demographics. If he rises back up, would that mean his "flavor" has come back?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 10:36 pm
Does anyone know what is up with the drop date of Bush41's book? The timing seems odd.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 11:56 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/ColeJ/2015/ColeJ20151105_low.jpg
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 03:47 pm
Bush's most recent tactic - saying "damn". Nothing shows manliness like a very mild swear word.
Quote:
“We’re Americans, damn it!” he shouted on Tuesday, admiring the national moxie at a barbecue in Rye, N.H.

“A president has to roll up their damn sleeves and get to work,” he told voters in Raymond, N.H., hours later.

“We’re going to win this damn thing,” he said the day before in Tampa, Fla. His prepared remarks had called for the drowsier “we will win this campaign.”

To be honest, Jeb has dropped the D word a few times in the past as well.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 03:58 pm
@engineer,
People have been saying that the problem is that he is not passionate enough, something about how he does not care enough about winning, that maybe his heart is not in it.

It is been a bit of a mystery why in the last year when he has been up on stage what ever he has been doing has been striking out. When people are asked they say that Bush has not moved them, that something about him that they cant put their finger on gives them the chills.

What you are seeing is Bush trying to fix this by being more emotional, by being stronger in his language.

I personally think the problem is that he is offended that he, a Bush, is getting told by the little people that he needs to get into the mud with the rest of the chair seekers to fight for it, that the name Bush does not earn him a pass. I also dont think that emoting and using mild cuss words solves his problem so long as he is still offended at what is being demanded. He does not have a good enough mask to keep the audience from reading his loathing for street politics.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Maybe I have missed the stories: Bush has for weeks been trying to deal with his problem in part by trying to get chummy with the reporters who are covering him, he wants to get some John McCain power by inviting them to write about what a hard fighting cool guy he is. But where are the stories? Jeb! has invited them onto his bus in New Hampshire for days at a time, but I have seen nothing of the intended result on the web.

This is currently filed in the " Things that make me go Hmmmm" file