Turn on the Republican convention right now! Bush Sr.'s on!

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 06:38 am
I guess because the other one thinks he's a war president, but only knows war from the outside. It makes a difference to some people, I should think.
I imagine 4 months in VietNam seemed a lot longer than 4 months in peaceful America.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 06:51 am
But in politics, the 17 years in congress and his record should mean more. Service in the military hardly qualifies anyone to be president.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:06 am
I agree. But this is a different kind of election! Do you think people want to hear every detail of 17 years of service? They want to hear what makes him different from Bush. His voting record is readily available.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:56 am
McGentrix wrote:
But in politics, the 17 years in congress and his record should mean more. Service in the military hardly qualifies anyone to be president.

Hardly? I beg to differ. No single accomplishment can qualify someone to be a president but some aspects will be good to have. One of those is military service, it tells the people that you will put your life on the line for your country. You can say all the technicalities you want, saying it shouldn't matter and whatnot, but the fact is, it does.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
Service in the military hardly qualifies anyone to be president.

Boy, ain't that the truth... :wink:

At least John Kerry showed up, though...
0 Replies

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:11 am
Here's one reason to play it up:
In a recent speech, John Edwards said:

"If you have any question about what John Kerry's made of, about his leadership ability, about his strength and his courage, just spend three minutes, three minutes with the men who served with him 30 years ago who still stand by his side. They saw up close when their lives were at risk that this man is a leader, that he has courage, determination, and he would never leave any American behind."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:32 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=814816#814816
0 Replies

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:34 am
I've seen that, big deal.
Can't please everybody.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:37 am
Kind of invalidates Edwards quote, doesn't it?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:37 am
Then he ran like a turkey after four months, we can really depend on him in the long run, eh?

He checked out as soon as could then came back and made up a bunch stories to cover his arse for leaving is 'band of you're on your own' brothers.

Continued his political course while his 'brothers' continued to fight, that's courage and determination, eh.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:39 am
If it matters that much to you, then I'd have to point out that it was more courage and determination than Bush showed! Is that your bottom line, then? Smile
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:46 am
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
If it matters that much to you, then I'd have to point out that it was more courage and determination than Bush showed! Is that your bottom line, then? Smile

Even Kerry said he wouldn't question a persons decision they made about whether to enter the VN war or not, of course later he flopped on that too.

That's the bottom line.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:47 am
Whew! We were almost ready to have a conversation about JOHN F'ING KERRY!!!! Not George Bush. Could you just ONCE, deal with the fact that Kerry can be discussed without comparing him to anyone? You brought the topic up, now discuss it!
0 Replies

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:53 am
You asked why his service keeps getting so much attention. I told you! Sorry, but it does relate to Bush and his service, or lack thereof. Did you want to change the subject, then?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:54 am
Hey, I understand the reason to keep harping on Kerry's VN service, it's the only thing he's got.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:13 am
If that's the case, then Bush has nothing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:19 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
If that's the case, then Bush has nothing.

Cycloptichorn

yeah, except for four years experience as the President of the United States of America. Hardly worth noting.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:22 am
well, as Bush 41 said about 4 years experience as the president------------
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
What did he say, dys?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
Well, just remember what happened to the last JFK that was president...
0 Replies