Re-claiming Manhood

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:56 am
i have got to start wearing my glasses - i read the following as underpants, which really didn't help my understanding of anything. anything at all.

patiodog wrote:
omnidepartmental
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 12:13 pm
Hee hee! (I'm an arguer, too, ehBeth.)

patiodog, yeah, not that one. If you can find it, "Into the Heart of Borneo" is his best and the one to start with. (My link is to an excerpt on Amazon --I think used copies there are pretty cheap.) (And by buying through our link here you can funnel .03621 cents to Jespah! Very Happy)

Oh and glad you liked Big Fierce Animals!
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 02:22 pm
*snif*
Why can't them white trashees stop badgering the badgers???
You don't seem them badgers trashing them white trashees now do ya?

Cicerone,
PErhaps if some hostile enemy laid claim on your manhood first. Then you could reclaim it. I wonder how someone could lay claim to your manhood... Or maybe... Had to write an interesting essay for my study regarding herm mutilation in ancient Athens where the Herms were either being beheaded or castrated... opinions vary. I guess that if it's the latter, they laid claim to the Herm's manhood? Dunno. I''m confused... ;-)

Wilso.
I like biking. I sometimes like driving hard. I occasionaly belch or fart. I shave, but not below the neck. I like football. I'm a man.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 02:35 pm
naj, The only "hostile enemy" I'm likely to encounter is old age. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 03:37 pm
I tried to answer the question just for myself, "What is a Man?" a few years back.

What I came up was things like 'someone who does what needs to be done, regardless of hardship', and
'someone who can and will admit when he's wrong', and
'someone with the courage not to fight'...

I must just be out of touch, because farting, belching and watching football didn't even enter my mind.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 03:41 pm
snood, you're just a romantic. Glad to have you aboard!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:04 am
wilso; great steroetype!
But, sorry, I have to add, you don't have "tits", but you go out of your way to sound like one!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:05 am
[Yes, I do own a steroe!]
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:33 pm
Re: Re-claiming Manhood
Wilso wrote:
I opened the newspaper today and viewed the most disgusting image I have ever seen. A male catwalk model (a prissy little pretty boy) wearing fake breasts and a bra. A cynical attempt from a rabid feminist designer to destroy male culture completely. Well guys, it's time to say enough.
I'm a man and proud of it. That means that I hate soap operas and like sport, the more violent the better, I like riding my bike fast, the faster the better, I like meaningless sex with women who's names I don't even know. I swear, I belch, I fart, and probably do plenty of other things that some women find offensive. But most importantly-

I DON'T HAVE TITS.

Dear Wilso,

If you found something "MOST DISGUSTING?" why are you bothering to re-advertise it?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:41 pm
To get people thinking about it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:45 pm
Well, if you already know you are a man, if you are a man, I don't see what there is to "reclaim".
0 Replies

Jamiej23

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 05:35 pm
It's a terrible pity that you must have meaningless sex with women and fart in order to prove your manhood. Maybe you need to re-evaluate the things which define your character (and manhood)........
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:19 am
Everyone has tits.

And what about reclaiming drag queen culture?

Not that I don't think men in general couldn't stand to be a little rougher around the edges.... like, tough enough to not throw a hissy fit every time they see some guy dancing around with fake boobs. I mean, you don't women trying to reclaim womanhood after watching Rosie O'Donnell.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:34 am
Jamiej23 wrote:
It's a terrible pity that you must have meaningless sex with women and fart in order to prove your manhood. Maybe you need to re-evaluate the things which define your character (and manhood)........

Meaningless sex is fun. It doesn't define manhood, just something we like to do.

Anyway, this is me jumping into a thread late again, but I agree with Wilso. Men have given in too much to make women happy. You know what the whole problem is? I will tell you. It's a generation of men that was raised by their mothers without a father around. Women can't raise boys the way they need to be raised because they end up sissies.
0 Replies