Re-claiming Manhood

angie

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 09:58 am
Thanks for the "welcome".

I think my comments may have been a bit too serious. That will tend to happen now and then. I guess there are still a few things about which I have strong feelings, and that sometimes makes me a teensy bit paranoid.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:04 am
Strong feelings started this, after all, and I'm not so sure where Wilso's tongue was. Very Happy

Nice to see ya here, angie.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:05 am
My motto - live and let live....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:40 am
Gautam, any idea where Wilso's tongue might have been?

(Excuse me, semi-incendiary joke meant to bring Wilso back to explain his antipodean self...)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:19 pm
Gautam wrote:
Shouldnt it be that the person "asking" someone out on a date shud be paying, be it a man or a woman ?

That's what I thought.

Angie -- I'm not offended by the thought of a guy in a falsies & a bra, but I do think it sounded silly and absurd. That's OK. I think my daughter's nose ring is silly and absurd, too. I still love her... the nose ring... ehhhhh.

Anyway, most fashion shows are meant to be shocking, right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:10 pm
I'm still not sure how one "reclaims" manhood. Can somebody enlighten me? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:15 pm
From reading this thread, either take off the panty hose or get yourself a sex slave - http://www.msnbc.com/local/WMAQ/A1455919.asp?0dm=N257N.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:18 pm
Damn.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:34 pm
damn? are you questioning the fact it got broke up dog?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:42 pm
Just a general damn. Yooman beans, and all. (The morbid joke pops into my head that I moved out of the Midwest too soon, but I know better, as such jokes are in the worst kind of taste.)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:01 pm
I don't expect a man to pay my way, but if that's what he wants, who am I to argue ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:05 pm
patiodog, a very similar joke popped into my head immediately, about so that's what the neighbors have been up to. Generally, you (apologetically) post the jokes/ observations that I think of but am too wimpy to post. Only your versions are usually funnier. Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 10:49 am
Oh, well, if you ever need somebody to be your buffoon human shield...

(There are some much more grim jokes lurking around in there that rarely see the light of day in any form. It may simply be a question of spectrum. Too much Artaud as a pup. ;-) )

Now where the hell is wilso?.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:03 am
Oh, me too. (Grim jokes.) I wonder what I can blame, since I never read Artaud. Monty Python at an impressionable age?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:29 am
You're a human bean.

I've got W.S. Burroughs ("Uncle Bill") reading the passage below ("The Badger") on a CD. Oddly enough, it gives me some solace sometimes.

Quote:
At Los Alamos Ranch School, where they later made the atom bomb and couldn't wait to drop it on the Yellow Peril, the boys are sitting on the logs and rocks, eating some sort of food. There is a stream at the end of a slope. The counselor was a Southerner with a politician's look about him. He told us stories by the campfire, culled from the racist garbage of the insidious Sax Rohmer - East is evil, West is good.

Suddenly a badger erupts among the boys - don't know why he did it, just playful, friendly and inexperienced like the Aztec Indians who brought fruit down to the Spanish and got their hands cut off.

So the counselor rushes for his saddlebag and gets out his 1911 Colt .45 auto and starts blasting at the badger, missing it with every shot at six feet. Finally he puts his gun three inches from the badger's side and shoots. This time the badger rolls down the slope into the stream. I can see the stricken animal, the sad shrinking face, rolling down the slope, bleeding, dying.

"You see an animal you kill it, don't you? It might have bitten one of the boys."

The badger just wanted to romp and play, and he gets shot with a .45 government issue. Contact that. Identify with that. Feel that. And ask yourself, whose life is worth more? The badger, or this evil piece of white ****?

As Brion Gysin says: "Man is a bad animal!"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:42 am
Baaaaaaad.

(Have you read any Redmond O'Hanlon? I think I've brought it up before and forgot response. You'd like him, I'd wager.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:44 am
Oh. Terrible. Terrible to the Aztecs, terrible to the badger. Amazingly, horrifyingly terrible. I don't even want to know it.

PD -- It is a beautiful day... you should be out enjoying yourself!

http://www.washington.edu/uwin/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:48 am
gezzy wrote:
I don't expect a man to pay my way, but if that's what he wants, who am I to argue ;-)

I'm definitely an arguer. I don't like not paying my own way. Makes me way too uneasy. Sharing/taking turns with paying works best for me.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:50 am
Piff - I agree, I should be! But there's this damn omnidepartmental grant, and my requisite goofing off to do. Just hoping it holds so the dogs can go crazy this weekend...

soz - I'll wager I will. Your recommendations have panned out very well so far. (Read "Why Big Fierce Animals are Rare" over the holidays, twice. Good stuff, and puts me in good stead for the evolution unit...)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:52 am
Damn. The only thing the library's got by him is "Joseph Conrad and Charles Darwin : the influence of scientific thought on Conrad's fiction / Redmond O'Hanlon," which sounds like a big long yawn (just like Conrad).
0 Replies