Linda Ronstadt Booed off Stage at Vegas

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 08:31 am
Oh. I thought it was rhetorical. Of course I would go see Ozzy again. He doesn't have too many shows left in him.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:23 am
Actually Black Sabbath is kicking ass on Ozzfest according to all reports...this guy is doing shows and damn near got killed less than a year ago and was in a neck brace.

He needs his props for that.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Nugent....Mr.Pro War. Funny how when he was actually of draft age during the Viet Nam conflict he was chasing pussy and swinging around on a rope in a loin cloth. Now there's a patriot. Rolling Eyes

Sure is easy to be a tough pro war guy when you're in no danger of having to go. Nugent shares that in common with many of our leaders and beloved A2K members. :wink:

That's basically an ignorant statement and there is no real hypocrisy involved in the same person having avoided VietNam and supporting the present conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. No attempt to compare the two will withstand close observation.

In Vietnam you had a French colonial position which the US got sandbagged into as France's price for joining NATO, and a military operation which should have lasted no longer than a year which dragged through the entire four years of LBJ's presidency because our military leaders, hamstrung by a democrat infested congress, had no reasonable plan for winning the conflict, no reasonable war goals or objectives, and no tactics other than to try to kill more of the enemy than they could of us, and all of this against an adversary which had given us no offense and represented no danger to us and, as if all of that were not atrocious enough, they were using draftees and vast sums of treasure for all of that.

Granted during the cold war the other side played games and an American president had to be able to play games, but you play games with a few handsfull of professional soldiers and soldiers of fortune and petty cash, and not with vast sums of tresure and hundreds of thousands of draftees. You do not tell the boy next door that it's his patriotic duty to risk death or maiming for such a game. Ronald Reagan understood this and played such games according to rational rules, and succeeded where LBJ and Nixon had failed in Nam.

The present conflict, in sharp contrast, has none of the characteristics of the VietNam conflict other than for being expensive, and the necessity of it justifies the expense.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:14 am
Is this the hallucination zone?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:17 am
Don't ask, take the pills and join Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:31 am
swolf wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Nugent....Mr.Pro War. Funny how when he was actually of draft age during the Viet Nam conflict he was chasing pussy and swinging around on a rope in a loin cloth. Now there's a patriot. Rolling Eyes

Sure is easy to be a tough pro war guy when you're in no danger of having to go. Nugent shares that in common with many of our leaders and beloved A2K members. :wink:

That's basically an ignorant statement and there is no real hypocrisy involved in the same person having avoided VietNam and supporting the present conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. No attempt to compare the two will withstand close observation.

In Vietnam you had a French colonial position which the US got sandbagged into as France's price for joining NATO, and a military operation which should have lasted no longer than a year which dragged through the entire four years of LBJ's presidency because our military leaders, hamstrung by a democrat infested congress, had no reasonable plan for winning the conflict, no reasonable war goals or objectives, and no tactics other than to try to kill more of the enemy than they could of us, and all of this against an adversary which had given us no offense and represented no danger to us and, as if all of that were not atrocious enough, they were using draftees and vast sums of treasure for all of that.

Granted during the cold war the other side played games and an American president had to be able to play games, but you play games with a few handsfull of professional soldiers and soldiers of fortune and petty cash, and not with vast sums of tresure and hundreds of thousands of draftees. You do not tell the boy next door that it's his patriotic duty to risk death or maiming for such a game. Ronald Reagan understood this and played such games according to rational rules, and succeeded where LBJ and Nixon had failed in Nam.

The present conflict, in sharp contrast, has none of the characteristics of the VietNam conflict other than for being expensive, and the necessity of it justifies the expense.

swolf I am a long time member of this forum. I am not and I am aware of it, the most intellectual member, and I probably post more dumb stuff than most, so I feel qualified to say that I have never seen a more ignorant post on A2K.....this is not a personal attack on you , but a heartfelt statement about this post........funny, I always thought it would be Noah the African or Southern Girl.....you live and learn......
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:51 am
If you think about it long enough, the logic of it will sink in.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:58 am
I happen to agree that the Iraq war is nothing like Vietnam. It's more like....Somalia, super-sized. It's the American way.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
swolf I am a long time member of this forum. I am not and I am aware of it, the most intellectual member, and I probably post more dumb stuff than most, so I feel qualified to say that I have never seen a more ignorant post on A2K.....this is not a personal attack on you , but a heartfelt statement about this post........funny, I always thought it would be Noah the African or Southern Girl.....you live and learn......

Really? You think so, BiPB? Honestly, I think you've set the bar too low. Surely mysteryman, even on a bad day, has surpassed this post in terms of unbelievability. Heck, even swolf has posted a lot more inane stuff than this. In the category of ignorant posts, this one barely rates an honorable mention.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:28 pm
pssst.....Joe.......I wanted her to feel good about herself....so she felt best at something......if we raise her self esteem she may abandon the need to call attention to herself in such a negative way....... work with me here....
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:34 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I happen to agree that the Iraq war is nothing like Vietnam. It's more like....Somalia, super-sized. It's the American way.

I'll make it real easy for you: neither VietNam nor Somalia ever destroyed lower Manhatten.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:37 pm
swolf wrote:
I'll make it real easy for you: neither VietNam nor Somalia ever destroyed lower Manhatten.

Oops, BiPB, looks like I spoke too soon. My bad!
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:47 pm
swolf wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

Did Iraq? geez and here I thought it was a group called Al Qaeda a terrorist organization that is spread out all over the world including America and the reason why we bombed Afghanistan.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:59 pm
And let me guess swolf: 'there IS a clear link between Al Qaida and Saddam Hussain, which is only denied by the 'demmunist' party (which is actually part of Al Qaida), and because of that, Milosevic should be freed.'

And your reply: 'oh why are you being so ignorant, so childish, go read some books etc etc etc.'

PS: no need for replying here. If you need me, I'll be dining in a fancy London restaurant with 'Slick' Clinton (although I do realize he is not welcome there, but he's 'Slick', c'mon!)

PPS: I'm feeling tired.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
Redheat wrote:
swolf wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

Did Iraq? geez and here I thought it was a group called Al Qaeda a terrorist organization that is spread out all over the world including America and the reason why we bombed Afghanistan.

The connection between Hussein and AQ has pretty much been proven and there were other reasons to make Iraq the #2 agenda item as well.

I view trying to poison the US senate office building with anthrax as an outright act of war.

The first case of anthrax after 9-11 (Bob Stevens) showed up within miles of where several hijackers stayed JUST BEFORE 9/11, a very unlikely coincidence considering that they could have stayed anywhere in the country.

The last previous case of anthrax in a human in the United States prior to 9-11 had been about 30 years prior to that.

There are other coincidences. For instance, the wife of the editor of the sun (where Stevens worked) also had contact with the hijackers in that she rented them the place they stayed.

Atta and the hijackers flew planes out of an airport in the vicinity and asked about crop dusters on more than one occasion. Indeed, Atta sought a loan to try and modify a crop duster.

Atta and several of the hijackers in this group also sought medical aid just prior to 9/11 for skin lesions that the doctors who saw them now say looked like anthrax lesions.

Basically, you either believe in the laws of probability or you don't. Anybody claiming that all these things were coincidences is either totally in denial or does not believe in modern mathematics and probability theory.

While the anthrax in question originally came from a US strain, it isn't too surprising that Iraq might have that strain since that strain was mailed to laboratories around the world years earlier.

Nonetheless, it was highly sophisticated, and went through envelope paper as if it weren't even there; many thought it to be not only beyond the capabilities of Hussein but of anybody else on the planet as well including us. Nonetheless, later information showed Husseins programs to be capable of such feats:

http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2004/01/01.html

Basically, the anthrax attack which followed 9/11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints all over it. It was particalized so finely it went right through envelop paper and yet was not weaponized (not hardened against antibiotics). It was basically a warning, saying as much as:

Quote:

"Hey, fools, some of my friends just knocked your two towers down and if you try to do anything about it, this is what could happen. F*** you, and have a nice day!!"

There is no way an American who had had anything to do with that would not be behind bars by now. In fact the one American they originally suspected told investigators that if he'd had anything to do with that stuff, he would either have anthrax or have the antibodies from the preventive medicine in his blood and offered to take a blood test on the spot. That of course was unanswerable.

The basic American notion of a presumption of innocence is not meaningful or useful in cases like that of Saddam Hussein. Even the Japanese had the decency to have their own markings on their aircraft at Pearl Harbor; Nobody had to guess who did it. Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, is like the kid in school who was always standing around snickering when things went bad, but who could never be shown to have had a hand in anything directly. At some point, guys would start to kick that guy's ass periodically on general principles. Likewise, in the case of Saddam Hussein, the reasonable assumption is that he's guilty unless he somehow or other manages to prove himself innocent and, obviously, that did not happen.

At the time, the US military was in such disarray from the eight years of the Clinton regime that there was nothing we could do about it. Even such basic items as machinegun barrels, which we should have warehouses full of, were simply not there. Nonetheless, nobody should think they would get away with such a thing and, apparently, Hussein and his baathists didn't.

Bob Woodward's book "Bush at War" documents some of this:

Quote:

'Cheney?s chief of staff, Scooter Libby, quickly questions the wisdom of mentioning state sponsorship. Tenet, sensitive to the politics of Capitol Hill and the news media, terminates any discussion of state sponsorship
with the clear statement:

Quote:
"I'm not going to talk about a state sponsor."

'Vice President Cheney further drives the point home:

Quote:

"It's good that we don't, because we're not ready to do anything about it."

I've seen several items dealing with this one on the web, e.g.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/douglass/122602.htm<br>

All of that, of course, is aside from Hussein having been the major threat forcing us to keep troops in Saudi Arabia, having probably had a hand in Oklahoma City and the original towers bombings, paying families of suicide murderers, and trying to estagblish a three-way trade between Iraq, Libya, and North Korea with the intent to put Europe in range of nuclear-tipped missiles from hardened sites in Libya. Khadaffi of Libya has publically renounced that sort of business, leaving only North Korea to be dealt with.

We live in a dangerous world, despite the fact that you'd never know it listening to democrats and leftists.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:22 pm
swolf wrote:
Basically, the anthrax attack which followed 9/11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints all over it.

Now I know, why the detectives use latex gloves: because it's anthrax they use to get fingerprints Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:25 pm
swolf wrote:

We live in a dangerous world, despite the fact that you'd never know it listening to democrats and leftists.

You listen to something else than FOX? Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:26 pm
swolf wrote:
Redheat wrote:
swolf wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

The connection between Hussein and AQ has pretty much been proven and there were other reasons to make Iraq the #2 agenda item as well.

I view trying to poison the US senate office building with anthrax as an outright act of war.

The first case of anthrax after 9-11 (Bob Stevens) showed up within miles of where several hijackers stayed JUST BEFORE 9/11, a very unlikely coincidence considering that they could have stayed anywhere in the country.

The last previous case of anthrax in a human in the United States prior to 9-11 had been about 30 years prior to that.

There are other coincidences. For instance, the wife of the editor of the sun (where Stevens worked) also had contact with the hijackers in that she rented them the place they stayed.

Atta and the hijackers flew planes out of an airport in the vicinity and asked about crop dusters on more than one occasion. Indeed, Atta sought a loan to try and modify a crop duster.

Atta and several of the hijackers in this group also sought medical aid just prior to 9/11 for skin lesions that the doctors who saw them now say looked like anthrax lesions.

Basically, you either believe in the laws of probability or you don't. Anybody claiming that all these things were coincidences is either totally in denial or does not believe in modern mathematics and probability theory.

While the anthrax in question originally came from a US strain, it isn't too surprising that Iraq might have that strain since that strain was mailed to laboratories around the world years earlier.

Nonetheless, it was highly sophisticated, and went through envelope paper as if it weren't even there; many thought it to be not only beyond the capabilities of Hussein but of anybody else on the planet as well including us. Nonetheless, later information showed Husseins programs to be capable of such feats:

http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2004/01/01.html

Basically, the anthrax attack which followed 9/11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints all over it. It was particalized so finely it went right through envelop paper and yet was not weaponized (not hardened against antibiotics). It was basically a warning, saying as much as:

Quote:

"Hey, fools, some of my friends just knocked your two towers down and if you try to do anything about it, this is what could happen. F*** you, and have a nice day!!"

There is no way an American who had had anything to do with that would not be behind bars by now. In fact the one American they originally suspected told investigators that if he'd had anything to do with that stuff, he would either have anthrax or have the antibodies from the preventive medicine in his blood and offered to take a blood test on the spot. That of course was unanswerable.

The basic American notion of a presumption of innocence is not meaningful or useful in cases like that of Saddam Hussein. Even the Japanese had the decency to have their own markings on their aircraft at Pearl Harbor; Nobody had to guess who did it. Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, is like the kid in school who was always standing around snickering when things went bad, but who could never be shown to have had a hand in anything directly. At some point, guys would start to kick that guy's ass periodically on general principles. Likewise, in the case of Saddam Hussein, the reasonable assumption is that he's guilty unless he somehow or other manages to prove himself innocent and, obviously, that did not happen.

At the time, the US military was in such disarray from the eight years of the Clinton regime that there was nothing we could do about it. Even such basic items as machinegun barrels, which we should have warehouses full of, were simply not there. Nonetheless, nobody should think they would get away with such a thing and, apparently, Hussein and his baathists didn't.

Bob Woodward's book "Bush at War" documents some of this:

Quote:

'Cheney?s chief of staff, Scooter Libby, quickly questions the wisdom of mentioning state sponsorship. Tenet, sensitive to the politics of Capitol Hill and the news media, terminates any discussion of state sponsorship
with the clear statement:

Quote:
"I'm not going to talk about a state sponsor."

'Vice President Cheney further drives the point home:

Quote:

"It's good that we don't, because we're not ready to do anything about it."

I've seen several items dealing with this one on the web, e.g.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/douglass/122602.htm<br>

All of that, of course, is aside from Hussein having been the major threat forcing us to keep troops in Saudi Arabia, having probably had a hand in Oklahoma City and the original towers bombings, paying families of suicide murderers, and trying to estagblish a three-way trade between Iraq, Libya, and North Korea with the intent to put Europe in range of nuclear-tipped missiles from hardened sites in Libya. Khadaffi of Libya has publically renounced that sort of business, leaving only North Korea to be dealt with.

Swolf, you are a laugh riot!

Oh, wait a second, you were serious with this crap? Laughing
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:29 pm
Quote:

Not on this planet we call EARTH. Have you been paying the least bit of attention to the 9.11 commission findings? Rolling Eyes

Quote:

ok, Then why aren't you directing your outrage to Asscroft who has FAILED to find the Anthrax killer in almost 4 years?

Quote:

Have you heard the part about the Anthrax strain coming from a US source? I think you maybe watching too many conspriacy shows.

Quote:

Ah I see you did hear. "mailed to laboratories"? and you know this how.

Quote:

Wow you really should think of writing Sci Fiction because I have to tell you those paragraphs you just wrote are a fine piece of Sci Fiction work!

Quote:
'

Kind of hard to tell truth from reality on that planet of yours!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:59 pm
I have almost forgotten since no one has said anything about the anthrax, but wasn't it all democratic senators who were the targets of that, or at least their names on the addresses that had the anthrax? Just something I have always thought odd and have my own conspiracy theories about.

First it was the dixi chicks, then whoopi (slim fast commercial thing) and now Linda Ronstadt. Gee, I get the feeling we're not in America anymore.

The hotel owner and the audience was out of line.

I think she looks like she is a nice middle age lady. I wonder why men think women have to remain like they did in their early twenty's and they can look like death warmed over?
0 Replies