bobsal u1553115

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 03:47 pm
@BillRM,
Too much wooooo for me, Bill. Tell me your not wearing your aluminum chapeau.
BillRM

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
If there is no way I could do it without getting ban by Robert I would put together a bot that would vote everyone of your current posts down by a hundred or two hundreds votes for a laugh.

Hell long before the internet in the dial up days I created a program that would log on to CIS or Genie and upload mail/download mail, upload postings to the groups I was following. download new postings to those groups and sign off.

Computers and computers languages are a lot more powerful then in those pre internet days.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:28 pm
@BillRM,
Where do you drag up all those e-mails? Not feasible nor reasonable. No offense, I don't think anyone gives that much of a poop.
BillRM

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You know nothing about computers beside turning them on and less about such computer languages as java.

Suggest you stop making a fool of yourself but if that is your desire please go ahead and keep doing so.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:37 pm
@BillRM,
I expect the Justice League Of America were all very grateful.
BillRM

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 06:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh for the good old days where anyone who wish to get anything useful out of a home computer would need to gain a fair amount of understanding of their computers.

Local computer groups would meet in schools, museums, homes and so on.

Now people who only know how to find the power button think they have the needed understandings of machines that are far far more powerful then the old 8 bits machines.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:41 pm
Fresno bar kicks out two black women — and it turns out they are attorneys for the ACLU
Source: Rawstory

A Fresno, California bar is under fire for kicking out two African-American attorneys for the American Civil Liberties Union who were trying to have a night out singing karaoke, according to the ACLU.

Attorneys Abre’ Conner and Novella Coleman went to a bar called Brig. The two women were hoping for a night of karaoke and planned to sing the R&B classic, “Waterfalls,” by TLC.

But before our song was called, a bar employee came up and said we had to buy drinks to sing karaoke,” they wrote on the ACLU’s website. “Another bartender lunged at us within inches of our faces and shouted ‘Buy drinks!'” This despite the fact they had already bought drinks, they wrote.

“A second bartender — a very tall and large man — shouted louder and louder that we were loitering and that the bar wasn’t a hangout place,” they wrote. “Over and over again he pushed his body up against Abre’ — who is just 5’4” tall — to force her out of the bar.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/fresno-bar-kicks-out-two-black-women-and-it-turns-out-they-are-attorneys-for-the-aclu/

I have a feeling that these two women aren't ones to be playing with!

I hope they end up owning that bar lol!
cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Owning the bar and gaining a lot'sa shekles.
snood

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
LOLOL!!! That's hilarious! I want to hear what transpires with this case....
ossobuco

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 05:28 pm
@izzythepush,
I was going to reply, but I don't have the patience, given my father was the command guy re that plane that shot down to the center of Baker.

As a generality re Bill, may he rest in low discussion interest.
I see I'm a a lot of posts behind speed.

BLM, yes.
ossobuco

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:06 pm
@ossobuco,
I should probably mention that I am no fan of bombs of any sort.
cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree. I worked with nukes in the USAF, and we saw training films on how destructive they are. This was back in the late fifties, so I imagine they have 'improved' them.
I also remember hearing about bombs that destroys structures, but not people. Maybe, I was dreaming that.
ossobuco

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bombs destroy people often.
cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Bombs always do, but Trump doesn't seem to worry about how many innocents gets killed.
BillRM

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do not need nukes to level a few square miles just damn big air fuel bombs.
BillRM

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Sorry but a bar does have a right to kicked people out at their whim as long as you can not prove they are doing so for illegal reasons such as race.

So lawyers or no lawyers good luck to them.
cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:22 pm
@BillRM,
They still kill innocents.
BillRM

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes they kill innocents if innocents are within those square miles.
BillRM

Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:13 pm
@BillRM,
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 25 Mar, 2016 12:42 pm
How The Washington Post counted the dead, one police shooting at a time

Quote:
When Wesley Lowery was covering the protests sparked by the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in 2014, his editors were always asking questions.

From his vantage point in Ferguson, Missouri, The Washington Post reporter saw frustration from protesters who insisted Brown's death at the hands of a police officer was not an isolated incident. Police unions insisted these killings were rare. So, editors wanted to know: Who was right?

"But, to our surprise, there was no accurate national data on these killings by police," Lowery told Poynter in an email. "...Several editors, researchers and reporters at The Post began to ask ourselves: If no one else is keeping this data, could we compile it?"

Thus began an ambitious effort from The Washington Post to tally every single individual shot to death by police in the United States throughout the year. Using news reports, public records, Internet databases and original reporting, Lowery and his colleagues determined that fatal police shootings were anything but rare: Nearly 1,000 people were killed by police in 2015. Moreover, their digging revealed that unarmed Black men are seven times as likely as Whites to die by police gunfire.

Why did it take the media so long to realize the extent of the killings? As part of Poynter's ongoing series on social justice journalism leading up to the centennial edition of the Pulitzer Prizes, we asked Lowery how the media came around to covering police shootings as a systemic issue.

Continued at link above
0 Replies