hawkeye10

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:40 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

You are the last person I would have pegged for saying that if you don't blindly obey a police officer, you should expect them to kill you. Police officers have a legally defined set of responsibilities. They are not owed obedience, they are public servants, not public masters.

I have said this at many points.....cops do a lot that is abusive, because this is what they have been taught by their bosses, this up till now has been what the people have wanted. Do not ever get into a confrontation with cops on the street, save it for talking with their bosses. If a cop tells you to jump ask how high, then file a complaint, talk to the bosses, call your politician. We will never have enough money to allow cops to argue with the citizens on the street, they have work to do. If you run from a cop that cop probably should not kill you, but your death will rank far down my caring list if he does.
engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Why would it rank so low? If you were rude to an A2K police officer and they decided they'd had enough of you and booted you off of A2K, you would howl and you would be right. Your A2K account is insignificant compared to a human life. Someone seeing a police officer and saying something derogatory or deciding to move somewhere else is not a crime and not a threat. No crime, no police involvement, no threat, no guns. Every time a policeman uses a firearm in a non-threatening situation, it ranks high on my list.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:58 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Black people are being killed in pretty impressive numbers by cops

Bullshit the killings in very very very impressive numbers are being done by blacks on blacks not cops!!!!!!!!

An once more no one give a **** when some poor black kid get killed for daring to walk into the "wrong" neighborhood.

An what BLM is doing is encouraging young black men to attacked police officers thereby indeed uping the body count
BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:02 pm
@Lash,
When Jim Crow was the law of the lands in the south the black crime and murder rate was no where near what it happen to be now!!!!!!

Oh and black families with two parents was a real element in the live of black children not the very rare happening that it now is.

BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:04 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
know the ultimate goal of BLM is putting an end to institutional racism

Nonsense BLM is another tool of the so call back leadership to feather their own nests without regard for the best interest of anyone but themselves.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:08 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
They are not owed obedience, they are public servants, not public masters.

The proper way to deal with your disagreeing with a police officer is after the fact in a court of law not in a bawl on the streets.

An yes there is a firm legal duty to obey a police officer.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:19 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, if I was a remnant - and further if YOU were - of the burning crosses, being dragged out of bed and beaten by hooded cops, being told what water fountain I could drink from - educated in leaking cold, drafty, dirty schools for generations and treated like **** from great-grandma til now, we'd be smoking crack or stealing from the establishment or busting heads.

I am tired of people acting like all of this horror meant nothing and blacks are weak because generations of enslavement, Jim Crow, random, approved murder, being beaten and murdered by cops with impunity affected their trajectory.

Laws were enacted during our lifetimes to **** with black people for the crime of being black. You have NOTHING LIKE THAT IN YOUR LIFE - where one look at you opens you to degradation by a ruling class in your town, your country, everywhere you go. How you guys can sit around and try to act like black on black crime somehow absolves the ******* cops and schools and institutions that run our country of systematic maltreatment of human beings based on their country of origin or the color of their skin astonishes me.

Try for a moment to follow what life has been like for these people without lawyering it.
engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:19 pm
@BillRM,
This is a common technique used to disregard the concerns of minorities. I don't approve of the way you state your concerns therefore I will ignore the concern until you learn to express it in a way I approve of. This is a lot of what gets aimed at BLM. We refuse to listen until you talk in nice, polite terms. When you ignore all the posturing and look at the data, you see why people are upset.

Let's talk about the duty to obey. If a police officer sees you are smoking in your car and tells you to put the cigarette out, is that a legal use of this authority and are you obliged to obey? A police officer has certain authority to allow him to perform his job. He does not have blanket authority. He doesn't have the right to detain citizens going about their business without cause. He cannot stifle free speech, even speech about the police. There are a few police who abuse their authority. There are a lot of citizens who completely allow them to do it.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:20 pm
@BillRM,
You seem to be advocating a return to Jim Crow.
hawkeye10

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:29 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
I don't approve of the way you state your concerns therefore I will ignore the concern until you learn to express it in a way I approve of

BLM is not issuing concerns, they are issuing demands.

I am available for conversation. I am not available for order taking, especially under the threat of violence.

Argument rejected.
hawkeye10

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:35 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Try for a moment to follow what life has been like for these people without lawyering it.

As the only class that it is OK to hate we white men know exactly what it is like to be treated unfairly because of how we look. That does not however mean that we are going to be OK with yet new calls to deprive us of out rights to speak our minds, of our rights to be considered equals. If blacks have concerns then lets have a conversation, but dont try to guilt me into giving up my rights here. The first thing BLM needs to do if they want to be taken seriously is change their name, they need to at least pretend like they believe in equality and fairness. It does not shock me that this movement run primarily by feminists do exactly as the feminists did with their "violence and against women Act", in the very naming communicate that their values are not my values.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
We would too if we were being treated like them. ****, I'd be militant. Think about how you'd be living in their shoes.
hawkeye10

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:50 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

We would too if we were being treated like them. ****, I'd be militant. Think about how you'd be living in their shoes.

I would start by making sure that I took full advantage of any opportunity I had to get an education. And I would work my ass off. And I would not make videos glorifying a life of crime to include killing cops. I would do anything I could to look after my family. And I would limit the amount of energy that I put into whining.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:54 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
You seem to be advocating a return to Jim Crow

Nonsense as my point seems clear that Jim Crow can not be blamed, as you was trying to do, for the sad current state of the black community as when Jim Crow was at it peak the black community was in far better shape, not that Jim Crow was responsible for that fact.

There seems no logical connection between Jim Crow two generation or so in the past and what is happening now.
BillRM

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:08 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
We would too if we were being treated like them. ****, I'd be militant.

Given that the black community is being treated far worst by some of it own members then anyone else I would think that the first task would be to set you own house in order.

Gangs pressuring children to join them or interfering with their ability to walk to a school due to it being in another gang territory. Wondering if your children will be at the wrong placed at the wrong time when a drive by shooting happen.

Lot of reason to be damn militant but the police would not be high on the list.

But then we all know that to the leadership of BLM black lives does not matter as if they did they would not be promoting or at best not stopping the idea that attacking the police is a good idea.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:20 pm
@BillRM,
To me, that's like saying there seems to be no connection between a Marine who served in Iraq and his murder of his wife and kids.

People are deeply connected to trauma they experience.
hawkeye10

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Given that the black community is being treated far worst by some of it own members then anyone else I would think that the first task would be to set you own house in order.

For instance blacks CHOSE to live together in a ghetto and we hear over and over again cops say that it is pointless to ask the people who live there about gunshots, because they almost always refuse to talk.

By a Black Man

Quote:
So we are watching the result of a social media post calling for a “purge” for Monday at 3pm. But this is not just about the death of Freddie Gray, this is about something far more tragic: the breakdown of the inner city and the black community.

Where are the parents of these kids? Where are the adults and community pastors? Why are these kids responding to this call for violence instead of heading home and preparing for end of year final exams? Does anyone believe these looted businesses will be restored — therefore black unemployment in Baltimore will be even worse. Perhaps if there were a thriving job market and better opportunities, these black teens would be working in these stores, not looting them.

When I was watching the TV reports, Baltimore looked more like East Jerusalem than an American city with a proud patriotic heritage — Ft. McHenry the birthplace of our national anthem. And this is a city just some 40 miles away from our nation’s capitol — where is the leadership that demands this behavior is unacceptable?

The Baltimore police are showing incredible restraint because we all know the liberal progressive media is just waiting for some unarmed — although I consider tossing a brick a projectile — black kid to get shot.

My greatest fear is that there will come a day when police basically leave the urban communities to their own devices — in other words, abandon them and let them be overrun by gangs and other perpetrators of deplorable behavior. After all, the anarchist sentiment is to not abide by the rule of law — but rather to take matters into the hands of the mob and establish the rule of mobocracy. And if there are no elected officials willing to support the police — realizing that there are bad apples in any batch — then what is the motivation for police officers to patrol those disrespectful and unwelcoming streets?

http://allenbwest.com/2015/04/my-greatest-fear-about-the-baltimore-riots/
engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
You make exactly my point. Who is threatening you with violence? You say you are available for a conversation but only if it is the way you want, yet on A2K you refuse this model. You will not be constrained to polite debate. You are passionate and you feel no concerns about expressing that passion and you give zero fucks if anyone cares about how you express yourself. I guess that works for white guys.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, if you are living in a Syrian refugee camp or Palestine for year 20, and you are being beaten by the patrolling law enforcement while also engaging in a gang war with rivals - why should you feel good about telling the refugees to handle the gang problem before we start handling the fact that they're being beaten by law enforcement???

It's not one before the other. It's not one OR the other. ******* law enforcement is being paid by the government. They are REQUIRED to be fair brokers. Once the community isn't being murdered by the establishment, maybe they can wrap their heads around policing inside their community.

The logic of "you first" is just wrong-headed.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Only a fool black person would approach a cop in the ghetto.