Finn dAbuzz

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:15 pm
@snood,
Well, of course your take on it - That in every which way on Earth, blacks in America have a horrible time and none of their problems are of their own making - must be right.

It's all of us racist nasty "very white people" that just don't understand why we are actually responsible for the very high rate of black on black crime.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:36 pm
@snood,
You know you've won the argument when Finn has a hissy fit. Well done, I only wish I could award you a ribbon.
snood

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well, of course your take on it - That in every which way on Earth, blacks in America have a horrible time and none of their problems are of their own making - must be right.

That's a pretty rickety strawman, dude. At least you could try to come close to what I've actually represented.

It's all of us racist nasty "very white people" that just don't understand why we are actually responsible for the very high rate of black on black crime.

All you're doing by perverting my words is verifying your argument is crap. You must not be very smart if you have to try to make your argument based on a fabricated stance no one is taking.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You know you've won the argument when Finn has a hissy fit. Well done, I only wish I could award you a ribbon.

I know! Ain't it a thing of beauty? Here, I'll award myself.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShypYpkUZyVdZILuzQD5C6tF3VA8mjqtVBL1SxA1TSIt_ZWlPNGg
0 Replies

tony5732

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:45 pm
@snood,
Izzy knows his **** about American racism too, snood. He's from England and reads English newspapers, and never met an American black he didn't like. Not that Izzy has ever been to America or wants to, but in Mexico he never met an American black he didn't like. He is almost as educated on racism as black people, but he's white so he can't be.
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's a very long response basically agreeing with what I said - except you didn't go that step further - why are African Americans disproportionately affected by poverty.

I'll let you ponder that.
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:41 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
That's a very long response basically agreeing with what I said - except you didn't go that step further - why are African Americans disproportionately affected by poverty.

Broken families, broken spirits, and laziness. All of which could be altered with will power but victim culture throws a wrench into that.

Well that, and for a long time now the rich have been winning the class war, so the hurtles are higher than they should be.

Still I am in no mood for the speech " I am a failure because I am victim, boo-hoo!".
hingehead

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Like Finn you are pointing out symptoms, but not applying your reasoning to causes of those symptoms.

Go that one step further.
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:03 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Like Finn you are pointing out symptoms,

No, I am pointing out the lack of correct input. When the output is not right the first thing to look at is the input. If blacks want a better life then they are going to have to do most of the work. During most of my lifetime they have not been willing. During the 70's under political pressure corporations hired tons of unqualified blacks and paid them far more than they were worth following the mantra of victim culture " they are oppressed, just give them a chance and they will do great". Most of the time this did not work. When globalization hit the corporations could no longer afford to carry the dead weight, it was either produce or leave. That is a big reason why we see so much poverty with blacks now. I unfortunately see very little movement to correct this, so long as we reinforce the victim identity and keep telling the failed that they hold no responsibility for their failure and keep saying "YA, you should be getting bigger checks from the government because you need more money" we are never going to get a better situation.

The schools do suck but that is not because of any money problem, we spend a ton of money on schools, even the worst of the black schools usually. The schools suck because the culture is rotten, the schools suck because the people who run the schools suck, they have a lot of higher priorities than educating the youth.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:21 pm
@hingehead,
Is this like some kind of psychometric experiment with you continually requiring hawkeye to answer reasonable questions? Because surely you don't actually have hope for some kind of epiphanic moment where his head pops out of his ass? I'm just wondering if you realize the depths of the abyss into which you are casting your pearls.
hingehead

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:28 pm
@snood,
Yep, I realise, but he learnt to type, so there is a brain in there. It has a pretty damaged psyche to fight its way through though.

One day, probably his dying day, he'll say "oh, that's what they meant."

So I'll persist with him, as I've done for years. You just never know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:30 pm
@snood,
This brings up the whole feeding thing, and the answering thing.

It gets to be promotion of jerks.

Are all of you expecting to get people to change?

snood

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

This brings up the whole feeding thing, and the answering thing.

It gets to be promotion of jerks.

Are all of you expecting to get people to change?

I try to make the only time I engage with certain entities here when they make statements so brain janglingly false or absurd that I can't let them stand unchallenged. You're right - that's too many. So it still amounts to feeding vermin (trolls is too nice) and jerk promotion.
ossobuco

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:49 pm
I'm no savant, so I've no solution. Still, I see this thread as going to feed-a-loup.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 07:35 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I try to make the only time I engage with certain entities here when they make statements so brain janglingly false or absurd that I can't let them stand unchallenged.

You might find it absurd that blacks were hired even though they were not qualified, in the hopes that they would get themselves qualified if given the opportunity and a really nice paycheck every week, but that would mean that you are either too young to remember the race riots or you were not paying attention. The Nixon White house was supplying the pressure, but everyone was concerned that if extraordinary measures were not taken then angry blacks might burn everything down. They were paid off with corporate jobs that they did not deserve, and largely did not take advantage of. Which is a huge kink in the argument that we still hear after all these decades that the problem is that blacks are not treated fairly and that this is the reason they produce so poorly. This might however go far towards explaining BLM's tactics.

There are a lot of truths that are taboo, but they are still truth. It is your job as a citizen to be informed on all truth, taboo or not.

EDIT: I will add that I ran into a lot of these nearly useless black workers during that seventies as I used Amtrak.
TheCobbler

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:08 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12046744_10156275085240495_8979405293711808160_n.jpg?oh=502ad97da03187bddfc67d97f525e542&oe=56938E7A

What's wrong with this picture? Smile
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:17 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12046744_10156275085240495_8979405293711808160_n.jpg?oh=502ad97da03187bddfc67d97f525e542&oe=56938E7A

What's wrong with this picture? Smile

Have no idea, the GOP reaching out to the blacks in a county that is 38% black seems like a great idea

Quote:
Created in 2012, the Black Republican Committee of Durham was established as an outreach subcommittee of the Durham GOP to embrace conservative African American residents of Durham, County. Since that time, the number of registered black Republicans has grown by 30%.

http://www.durhamgop.com/#!black-republican-committee-of-durham/c3lb

I take it that you are a racist who believes that it has to be the blacks of the organization that tries to tell other blacks that they are welcome? Sometimes your stupidity is too great for me to understand, help me out here.
TheCobbler

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Can you name ONE policy the republicans have implemented that helps minorities?

Didn't think so...

Winning hearts and minds starts with policies that help blacks and other minorities not empty useless grandstands and countless broken promises.

hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 11:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Can you name ONE policy the republicans have implemented that helps minorities?

Didn't think so...

Winning hearts and minds starts with policies that help blacks and other minorities not empty useless grandstands and countless broken promises.

Given the 60 vote cloture rule it is not often that one party gets to do things by themselves, one party needs 60 senate seats, control of the house and the POTUS chair to do that. Everything or almost everything that gets done needs to have help from the D's.

No, I dont even know when the last time was that the R's had the opportunity to implement a policy.
TheCobbler

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 11:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
The dems gasp at the ALEC driven bills of pure hate...
0 Replies