bobsal u1553115

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,

And they'll get tougher as the rest of the nation catches on.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I say round up all AR's, M-16s, SKs, AKs and label them and put them into a "Militia" armory, to be released to the owners when the militia is called up.
Baldimo

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And look what happened in San Bernidino? The gun laws were ignored and people died. So what's the answer? Create more gun laws that won't do anything to stop these shootings. I called this out about a year ago. When CA's gun laws failed to stop the kid who shot and stabbed people. They doubled down on their dumb gun laws. First it was a bullet button, then it was a 10 bullet limit per mag, now you guys are pushing for 5 per mag. You guys won't stop until everyone is using muskets and blunderbuss again.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That's an easy way of saying you have no real answers to the gun debate except to ban them.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:40 pm
@TheCobbler,
I am sure you were a baiting self-righteous prig from your first baby's cry.
So it's right-wing. Yeah, we ALL know where you really stand. You shun people even before you know them. "Are you right wing ?"
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The constitution doesn't say anything about limiting how many shots.

The Constitution says that people have the right to have guns suitable for self defense. Limiting the number of shots to such a degree that it impacts self defense violates the Constitution.

The Constitution also says that you can only restrict guns if you present a good reason for doing so. There is no good reason for a limitation so draconian as five shots per magazine.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I want all AR-15's, AK's, ASKs confiscated.

Liberals always want to violate the Constitution. They hate civil rights with a passion.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
They present a clear and present danger to public health.

Nonsense. The only difference between them and a normal semi-auto is the pistol grip. And the pistol grip is harmless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I say round up all AR's, M-16s, SKs, AKs and label them and put them into a "Militia" armory, to be released to the owners when the militia is called up.

A vote for Trump is a vote to prevent the Democrats from violating your Constitutional rights.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:14 pm
In Houston, a police officer was chasing a man accused of shoplifting. He crashed on his motorcycle and was killed. After a photo of a person of interest was flashed on TV, the likely accused shoplifter turned himself in, a few minutes ago. Video showed him walking in the middle of the street, wearing only trousers and both hands high in the air. He was accompanied by local activist Quanell X. He was not attacked or shot at when he surrendered.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:09 am

5 Times Bill O'Reilly Said Clearly Racist Things While Claiming He's Not Racist

The Fox News anchor is sure as hell he isn't racist... unless you actually know what racism means.
By Elizabeth Preza / AlterNet
July 12, 2016

http://www.alternet.org/media/foxs-bill-oreilly-totally-isnt-racist-despite-all-these-times-he-was-very-clearly-racist

Bill O’Reilly, ever the expert on the black experience, made a bold claim about the topic Monday, pontificating that civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would not support the Black Lives Matter movement and insisting the current racial tension between black Americans and the police is “cause and effect because black Americans commit far more crimes proportionately than whites or other ethnic groups.”

While this may seem like the incoherent ramblings of a right-wing nutjob with no real grasp on the problems facing the black community, rest assured that O’Reilly emphatically refutes any suggestion—overt or otherwise—that he may be a racist. So, to bolster his claim, we culled five examples (among thousands) where O’Reilly was definitely not racist. Nope, not at all.
ADVERTISING

1. When he said Donald Trump will have a hard time helping black people get jobs because most of them are “ill-educated and have tattoos on their foreheads.”

In an interview with the presumptive Republican nominee in April, O’Reilly pressed Trump on why he performs poorly among minority voters. Now that may seem like an obvious answer: Trump’s rampant racism has become a cornerstone of his presidential campaign. But it was O’Reilly’s bigotry that was on full display, when he wondered how Trump’s promise to get black people jobs would work, exactly.

“But how are you going to get jobs for them?" O'Reilly asked. "Many of them are ill-educated and have tattoos on their foreheads, and I hate to be generalized about it, but it's true. If you look at all the educational statistics, how are you going to get jobs for people who aren't qualified for jobs?”

In O’Reilly’s totally-not-racist world, the vast majority of black people are dumb and tatted and really not primed for the corporate world. Yep, no racism here. O’Reilly eventually addressed his comments after receiving scores of criticism from people with a clear understanding of what racism is. Unfortunately, he used the opportunity to cement his status as a racist nitwit:

“Now, the race hustlers who apparently have not walked the streets of poor neighborhoods lately, immediately accused me of racism. And that is why the acute problem of cultural deprivation among underclassed children of all colors is never addressed. The smear merchants hammer anyone who does so. It's beyond disgraceful that powerful people look away from the real problem.”

Right, "the real problem.” Which, in O’Reilly’s world, isn’t institutionalized racism, but the fact that black people are “ill-educated and have tattoos on their foreheads.” Okay then.

2. When he suggested “Black Lives Matter is killing Americans.”

This Talking Points Memo took the form of an anti-BLM tirade. Citing the largely debunked Ferguson effect (wherein right-wingers hypothesize that since protests against police erupted over the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, cops are less inclined to do their jobs and the crime rate, as a result, has skyrocketed), O’Reilly came to this inane conclusion:

“There is a violent subculture in the African-American community that should be exposed and confronted. Enter the Black Lives Matter crew which roams around the country promoting a false narrative that police officers are actively hunting down and killing blacks. Here's the truth. Police shot whites at a rate of 50 percent in 2015. Police shot blacks at a rate of 26 percent.”

The Ferguson effect has been challenged by leading academics since it was first proposed in 2015. A study by the Brennan Center for Justice tried to understand what is behind the rise of crime in some communities; it found no correlation between the "Ferguson effect" and rising crime, but instead noted that the “only shared circumstance that researchers said they could find was evidence of ‘profound economic decline’: lower incomes, high poverty rates, falling populations and high unemployment.”

If you ask O’Reilly, the profound economic decline has to do with bad education and tattooed faces, not systemic oppression that overwhelmingly targets poor black communities. Got it.

3. When he blamed Freddie Gray’s death on his “lifestyle.”

“I think all Americans, no matter when a citizen dies like Freddie Gray did, it's never the citizen's fault in the sense that Freddie Gray didn't get up in the morning and say I'm going to do something and I'm going to die,” O’Reilly said in May. “But Freddie Gray's lifestyle for many years, led him to this terrible thing which is not only impacted him and his family but all the police officers and that lifestyle should be condemned. I mean, this narcotics trafficking is awful. It is devastating.”

It’s unclear what O’Reilly considers the role of the six Baltimore police officers who used unnecessary force against Gray during his arrest played in his death. Or if Gray’s “lifestyle” was to blame for 25-year-old’s spinal cord injury suffered in police custody. It’s also unclear why O’Reilly finds it acceptable to adjudicate Gray’s alleged narcotics trafficking extrajudciously. But hey, what Gray did was “awful,” right? And to O’Reilly, he had it coming.

4. When he told Martin Luther King III that the African-American community should wear ‘Don’t Get Pregnant at 14’ T-shirts.

Ah, yes. O’Reilly’s “pathway to success” for black people, which he so eloquently shared with the oldest living son of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Don't abandon your children,” O’Reilly said. “Don't get pregnant at 14. Don't allow your neighborhoods to deteriorate into free-fire zones. That's what the African-American community should have on their T-shirts.”

Thanks, O’Reilly. I’m sure the descendant of the most prolific voice of the civil rights era really needs your input on what black people should wear on their T-shirts. Because only African-American women get pregnant at 14.

5. When he used the “I’m not racist, I know black people” line.

Calling his world “a fairly expansive one,” O’Reilly deployed the oldest “I swear I’m not racist” line in the book:

“I don't know any racists. I don't know anybody, on either black or white people, who don't like, like our staff here is integrated, and my assistant is black, she's been with me for 25 years. I just never see this.”

Just…yeah. O'Reilly: definitely not racist. Unless, of course, you know what racism is.

Elizabeth Preza is an AlterNet staff writer focusing on politics, media and cultural criticism. Follow her on Twitter @lizacisms.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:50 pm
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/13718517_659793010839409_4145425705542399664_n.jpg?oh=ac4c99fc0f6ad53dfe1f1b4bb8b6446d&oe=58338574

This post is not my intension to make light of the situation.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:30 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:13 pm
Racial Violence in Black and White
Benjamin Balthaser
July 13, 2016

... Even among activists there have been calls both to share and to bury the videos. “Why do we engage in circulating footage and photos of lifeless Black bodies?” one Facebook page asked ...

This proliferation of images of violence against black bodies has met its share of anxiety and critique, not least because, in the neat causality of the New York Times, they “have led to nationwide protests.” There is a suspicion that empiricism is not enough: even with such visual evidence, prosecutions and convictions of police officers are rare, and there is little in the way of positive legislation — requiring a greater proportion of police budgets to go to social services or the disarming and demilitarization of police departments. Indeed, many African American journalists, including Adreanna Nattiel, Jamil Smith, Phillip B. Williams, and Charing Ball, have wondered whether the amassing of such images is simply another form of consumer “entertainment,” a way “to be able to pull up a seat and watch the lynchings take place over and over” ...

... What does it mean to look at images of African Americans being murdered? In an age in which footage of fatal shootings appears alongside cat videos and selfies in social media feeds, what claims can be made for the representational power of filming? ...

Perhaps no form did more to cement the connection between photography and race than the dissemination of the lynching image from the Gilded Age to the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement in the late 1930s. Distributed as postcards, mementos, ornaments, and handbills, images of lynching both documented and helped to construct communities of white supremacy ...

http://bostonreview.net/us/benjamin-balthaser-racial-violence-black-and-white
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:25 pm
Chick-fil-A Just Dropped A BOMB On Black Lives Matter…Police Officers Are Pumped!
http://endingthefed.com/chick-fil-a-just-dropped-a-bomb-on-black-lives-matterpolice-officers-are-pumped.html

Just like the artificial hormones that Chick-fil-A "pumps" into their chickens (makes men grow breasts).
Builder

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Just like the artificial hormones that Chick-fil-A "pumps" into their chickens (makes men grow breasts).

I'm not filled with confidence about this claim. Any links, mate?
TheCobbler

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:15 pm
@Builder,
Eat at your own risk.

Every Chick‑fil‑A sandwich is filled with horrific animal abuse
http://www.chickfilacruelty.com/

add human abuse to that greedy hypocritical company.

yum (cynical) you asked, eat up!
TheCobbler

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:16 pm
Police Arrest Man Who Posted Video of Alton Sterling’s Death
http://usuncut.com/news/alton-sterling-videographer-arrested/

I am not pro black violence or pro police violence!
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:18 pm
Ridiculous Comments Made By Fox News Bill O'Reilly

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:37 pm
No Punishment For Michigan Cops Who Beat Innocent UNARMED Black Teen Until He Was Brain Damaged
http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/01/no-punishment-for-michigan-cops/

This makes my blood boil! ENOUGH!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 01:06 am
23 Ways You Could Be Killed if You Are Black in America
https://www.facebook.com/MicMedia/videos/vb.174742062548592/1177346632288125/?type=2&theater

MIC ORIGINAL: 23 voices — Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, Chris Rock, Rihanna, Taraji P. Henson, Pharrell Williams and so many others — reveal a shocking truth:

These are the #23ways you could be killed if you are black in America.

The time for change is now.
0 Replies