bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 06:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
Its got to see the light of day so people like Bill have look at it and deny their own eyes,
BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 07:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
God no one can be that stupid not even you as the word bot is a noun with the following meaning .....and somehow you saw my careless cut and past and used the word noun in the place of the word bot that post after post been a main subject of the thread!!!!!!!!!!

Your IQ seem less then the average 10 years old.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 12:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It is still a shame... I agree with exposing this to the light so there will be discussion and the better part of humanity can defeat this kind of atrocity with love and sensible policies of deterrent.

It is just too bad (and sad) to face... Sad
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 05:08 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
It is just too bad (and sad) to face..

An yet there is no problem facing the thousands a year killings of young black men by other young black men to the point that the number of murders for 13 percents of the total population is equal to the rest of the society.

Black lives matter only if the police or white racists end those lives. [/quote]

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article74220072.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/jvfial/picture74220067/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/08MURDERS_CPJ

Miami-Dade County has been forced to grapple with a steady murder rate of its youngest residents, a trend underlined when 6-year old King Carter was killed in February during a shootout between teens in his apartment complex.

But as community leaders devise ways to keep more kids safe, members of the advocacy and support group say the families left behind by gun violence also need the attention and services of law enforcement and government.

A room at the Northside Miami-Dade Police station was packed with homicide detectives, the police chiefs of Miami and Miami Gardens and elected officials on Tuesday evening to hear the parents’ pleas.

“I need help,” said Neikole Hunt. Her son, Randall Dwaine Robinson III, was gunned down in September, one of at least four Miami Northwestern Senior students killed last year. “I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I can’t move.”

They say they need more victims advocates and better access to counseling. They say they need police departments that are more responsive – and more sensitive. They say they need programs for the children left without moms and dads.

Most of all, they say they need to see shooters arrested, prosecuted and convicted. Of about a dozen families present, only two said the killers of their children were behind bars.

“How about supporting us to get justice? That’s what we want. That’s what we need,” said Tangela Sears, who started the group after her son was killed in Tallahassee.

Joan Crawford, whose nephew was killed in 2014, called for more aggressive police investigations and prosecution. Cut out the excuses, she said.

“If you got too many cases,” she said, “I hear Burger King is hiring.”

Sears spoke frankly about losing her only child, about suicidal thoughts, being gripped by the need for revenge, even wanting to jump out of a speeding car as she traveled north to collect her son’s body.

“You could not imagine the hurt. The pain,” she said.

Miami-Dade Commissioner Audrey Edmonson told the gathering that elected officials have heard their cries for help. The county hopes to hire four victims advocates, where now there is only one. Miami Gardens Police Chief Antonio G. Brooklen said the city is also looking to add an additional advocate and Miami Police Chief Rodolfo Llanes pledged his support.

Christina Veiga: 305-376-2029, @cveiga[/quote]
bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 05:54 am
@TheCobbler,
It is sad. And it is wrong. And it can be changed.
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 06:03 am
Good going BLM in placing fear and hated in the minds of such young men to the point that they will run instead of obeying police orders.

An of course BLM is doing nothing to address the issue of the turning cities streets into war zones.

Quote:
Nine people have reportedly been killed between Sunday night and early Thursday morning.

Quote:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2616861.1461796435!/img/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/article_635/article-baltimore-0427.JPG

Boy, 14, armed with replica pistol is shot by Baltimore police
BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN, CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 3:42 AM A A A
facebook741Tweetemail
SHARE THIS URL

A 14-year-old boy armed with a replica gun was shot and wounded by a Baltimore police officer Wednesday afternoon.

The teen, later identified by the Baltimore Sun as Dedric Colvin, ran when approached by two undercover police officers driving an unmarked police car shortly after 4 p.m., the authorities said.

He is expected to survive after being hit in the leg and the shoulder.

Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis, who said that the boy was 13, said that he had been seen with what appeared to be a semi-automatic pistol in his hand. Colvin's mother later said it was a BB gun.

“It is a dead-on ringer, semi-automatic pistol that resembles a Beretta handgun,” Davis said. "Those police officers had no way of knowing that it was not, in fact, an actual firearm. It looks like a firearm."

Police say a teenage boy, later identified as Dedric Colvin, was armed with this replica handgun when he was shot.
Only one of the two officers opened fire on the eighth grader, who was reportedly shot in the “lower extremities,” Davis said.

The commissioner was unsure of what officers said, if anything, before gunfire erupted in southeast Baltimore.

“So when he ran, and the foot chase was a good 150 or so yards, and rounded a corner, kept running, he had every opportunity to drop the gun," Davis said.

"He had every opportunity to stop, put his hands in the air, comply with the instructions of the police officers. I don’t what’s going through a 13-year-old's mind. I don't know why he decided to put a gun in his hand and leave his house. I wish he didn't. I'm sure his mom wishes he didn't. But the Baltimore Police Department is tasked with identifying people who pose a threat to this community.”

Colvin's mother Volanda Young told the Sun that she saw her son covered in blood on the street after his older brother rushed home to tell her that the teen had been shot.

She said that she didn't know where he got the gun, but added that she knew he was scared and that he was fleeing when he was shot.

Young herself said that it was "humiliating" being taken in for police questioning before being allowed to go to the hospital where her son is recovering.

Davis said that he had "no reason to believe that these officers acted inappropriately whatsoever" in the incident.

Police on the scene of the shooting, which wounded a 13-year-old boy.
WJZ
Police on the scene of the shooting, which wounded a 13-year-old boy.

"They got out of their car and engaged a person that appeared to have a gun in his hand. That's what we're supposed to do. That's what cops do."

He added that the city has seen a spate of gun violence, including murders, since the beginning of the week.

Nine people have reportedly been killed between Sunday night and early Thursday morning.

Wednesday's shooting came on the first anniversary of the funeral for Freddie Gray, who died while in police custody. After the funeral, a violent, fiery riot broke out in the city.

And in Cleveland, 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot dead in November 2014 by police in a city park where the boy was holding a replica handgun.

[email protected]

RELATED STORIES
Ex-con from Baltimore convicted for Brooklyn shootings
Deray Mckesson earns only 3,000 votes in Baltimore mayor primary
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: facebook
twitter

email
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 06:07 am
@BillRM,
Thanks for proving my point with vote downs that the pain of black mothers who had lost their sons does not matter as long as it was not the police that did the killings.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/jvfial/picture74220067/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/08MURDERS_CPJ

Quote:
It is just too bad (and sad) to face..

An yet there is no problem facing the thousands a year killings of young black men by other young black men to the point that the number of murders for 13 percents of the total population is equal to the rest of the society.

Black lives matter only if the police or white racists end those lives. [/quote]

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article74220072.html

Miami-Dade County has been forced to grapple with a steady murder rate of its youngest residents, a trend underlined when 6-year old King Carter was killed in February during a shootout between teens in his apartment complex.

But as community leaders devise ways to keep more kids safe, members of the advocacy and support group say the families left behind by gun violence also need the attention and services of law enforcement and government.

A room at the Northside Miami-Dade Police station was packed with homicide detectives, the police chiefs of Miami and Miami Gardens and elected officials on Tuesday evening to hear the parents’ pleas.

“I need help,” said Neikole Hunt. Her son, Randall Dwaine Robinson III, was gunned down in September, one of at least four Miami Northwestern Senior students killed last year. “I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I can’t move.”

They say they need more victims advocates and better access to counseling. They say they need police departments that are more responsive – and more sensitive. They say they need programs for the children left without moms and dads.

Most of all, they say they need to see shooters arrested, prosecuted and convicted. Of about a dozen families present, only two said the killers of their children were behind bars.

“How about supporting us to get justice? That’s what we want. That’s what we need,” said Tangela Sears, who started the group after her son was killed in Tallahassee.

Joan Crawford, whose nephew was killed in 2014, called for more aggressive police investigations and prosecution. Cut out the excuses, she said.

“If you got too many cases,” she said, “I hear Burger King is hiring.”

Sears spoke frankly about losing her only child, about suicidal thoughts, being gripped by the need for revenge, even wanting to jump out of a speeding car as she traveled north to collect her son’s body.

“You could not imagine the hurt. The pain,” she said.

Miami-Dade Commissioner Audrey Edmonson told the gathering that elected officials have heard their cries for help. The county hopes to hire four victims advocates, where now there is only one. Miami Gardens Police Chief Antonio G. Brooklen said the city is also looking to add an additional advocate and Miami Police Chief Rodolfo Llanes pledged his support.

Christina Veiga: 305-376-2029, @cveiga[/quote]
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 06:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It is sad. And it is wrong. And it can be changed.

But this is not sad and wrong and not worth changing even if the numbers are far far far far greater.

0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 06:46 am
Quote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/16/black-lives-matter-protesters-berate-white-student/

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Monday, November 16, 2015
Roughly 150 Black Lives Matter protesters reportedly stormed a library at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, Thursday night to berate students studying there for their supposed racial privilege.

The Dartmouth Review, an independent newspaper at the private Ivy League college, reported that protesters marched into the Baker-Berry Library shouting profanity and berating white students.

Protesters reportedly shouted “F– you, you filthy white f–-” “f– you and your comfort” and “f– you, you racist s–.”

SEE ALSO: Dartmouth official apologizes to Black Lives Matter protesters for ‘not nice’ media coverage

“Throngs of protesters converged around fellow students who had not joined in their long march,” The Review reported. “They confronted students who bore ‘symbols of oppression’ such as ‘gangster hats’ and Beats-brand headphones. The flood of demonstrators opened the doors of study spaces with students reviewing for exams. Those who tried to close their doors were harassed further. One student abandoned the study room and ran out of the library. The protesters followed her out of the library, shouting obscenities the whole way.”

Men and women were pushed and shoved by the group, the newspaper claimed.

One woman was reportedly pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted “filthy white b–-” in her face.

“The tactics, tone, and words of the Black Lives Matter protesters eerily mirrored everything they claim to stand against,” writes The Review. “The long list of their clear oversteps should spark a moment of reckoning for every honest onlooker, and especially those who have sympathized with their movement to this point.”

One video taken from the incident, published by Campus Reform, showed the contentious scene when dozens of people chanting “black lives matter” overtook an area of the library. One woman is seen raising her middle finger at the camera, while another confronts the camera-holder on whether he believes black lives matter.

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

335 Comment(s) Print
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 07:15 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wesleyan-argus-black-lives-matter_us_56156a9de4b0cf9984d80fcb

A group of activists at Wesleyan University want the school’s student government to defund the campus newspaper for publishing a controversial op-ed that criticized the Black Lives Matter movement.

At least 172 students, staff and recent alumni signed a petition asking that the Wesleyan Argus lose all funding until it meets a number of demands. Signatories pledged to boycott the Argus because it does not “provide a safe space for the voices of students of color and we are doubtful that it will in the future.”

SCREENGRAB VIA GOOGLE DOCS
The start of the petition that called for the defunding of the Wesleyan student newspaper.
The Sept. 14 op-ed in question was written by Bryan Stascavage, a 30-year-old Iraq war veteran who is a staff writer for the Argus and a member of the class of 2018. Stascavage criticized Black Lives Matter for its role in creating an atmosphere that facilitated and condoned violence, and questioned whether the movement had “the potential for positive change.”

He added, however, that the entire movement should not be stereotyped based on a few extreme members. Stascavage, who says he is a conservative, invoked as an example the “misguided” Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, who refused to hand out marriage licenses to same-sex couples to protest marriage equality. The op-ed argued that Davis, like the members of Black Lives Matter who Stascavage said were causing harm, was a fringe case who did not represent all the members of her cause.

Stascavage told The Huffington Post on Wednesday that he included Davis to show that more mainstream members of a movement may remain silent and allow hard-liners to monopolize the conversation.

“I’m guilty of my own criticism of the movement,” he said, “which is that I haven’t spoken out publicly.”

“I do support a lot of what the [Black Lives Matter] movement does. I was just questioning how they are going about it,” Stascavage continued. “I myself am not 100 percent sure of my own opinions. I write these pieces, put them out into the world and [look forward] to the responses. ... On a college campus nuance sort of gets lost, and I realize that now.”

WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
Wesleyan is a private liberal arts university in Middletown, Connecticut.
After the op-ed ran, critics demanded that the newspaper issue an apology. Instead, co-editors-in-chief Rebecca Brill and Tess Morgan wrote an editorial on Friday apologizing for the distress the op-ed had caused and the staff’s “carelessness in fact-checking,” but said the newspaper is “open to any writer who wants to share a view, whether or not the Opinion editors and the editors-in-chief agree with it.”

Wesleyan President Michael Roth wrote a blog post over the weekend defending the paper, saying the community should not “demand ideological conformity because people are made uncomfortable.”

The Argus was also planning a “Black Out” issue that would be entirely written by students of color. However, those plans were put to a halt when the staff received a petition Sunday calling for the paper to be boycotted until several demands were met. The organizers who brought the petition accused the newspaper of “supporting institutional racism.” Brill and Morgan declined to identify the organizers.

The petition’s demands include social justice training for all publications and open spaces on campus dedicated to “marginalized groups.”

The Argus covered the petition with a front-page story on Tuesday.

“Essentially, we agree with the core of the petition that the recent conversations surrounding the op-ed raise issues about the lack of diversity on our staff, and we could do better covering the student of color community,” Brill told HuffPost.

The signatories also said the paper shouldn’t receive funds unless it creates a work-study position, which Brill said isn’t possible since the paper doesn’t have enough money and staff members are not paid.

The petition was publicly available to edit as a Google Doc on Wednesday morning, but people began trolling it with joke suggestions, such as saying space should not be given to Republicans because they’re “icky” and calling for a “mandatory fun day.”

SCREENGRAB FROM GOOGLE DOC
This is a version of the petition that included several people’s joke suggestions. It was made private shortly after these appeared.
By mid-afternoon, the document had been made private, but not before it collected several additional signatures. No one was publicly named as a petition organizer. Several signatories of the petition did not return requests for comment.

Wesleyan Students Association President Kate Cullen said the association has “no standard procedure for hearing student-initiated petitions,” and couldn’t vote to defund the paper unless someone drafted legislation that would do so.

“The WSA would then discuss and vote on the Resolution and if it received a majority approval, it would become binding,” Cullen said in an email. “At this time, there are no Resolutions on the floor. The WSA has never restricted free speech and promotes respectful discourse, which is why we are hosting a student Town Hall Meeting to discuss collaborative steps forward and to promote community building through greater equity and inclusion.”

Brill said if the paper lost funding, it would seek out alternate sources of revenue and continue to operate. The Argus editors have no plans to terminate Stascavage as a staff writer.

The people calling for the defunding of the newspaper make up just a small percentage of the campus, Stascavage noted, but “they are also the most vocal and also the most active.” He doesn’t think the newspaper should make any further apologies for his op-ed.

“Free speech and the right to publish should be sacrosanct,” Stascavage said, “and they should not apologize for that.”

______

Tyler Kingkade is a senior editor and reporter covering higher education. You can contact him at [email protected], or on Twitter: @tylerkingkade.

More: Wesleyan University Wesleyan Argus Wesleyan Newspaper Student Newspaper Black Lives Matter
FOLLOW COLLEGE
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 08:34 am
@BillRM,
You have a pea for a brain Bill and a turd for a heart...
Get real...
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 09:14 am
@TheCobbler,
Yes indeed as anyone who dare to disagree with the correct positions should be silent by any means possible.
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:08 am
@BillRM,
You know I been thinking what would had happen if the BLM idiots had storm an engineering library instead of the main Dartmouth library.

Knowing engineers and engineering students they would had been removed from the library faster then from a Trump rally and I am not sure it the doors would had been open for them first.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:18 am
Ex-Volunteer Cop Who Killed Unarmed Man Using Gun Instead Of Taser Found Guilty
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/robert-bates-guilty_us_57214b20e4b0b49df6aa2bd3
TheCobbler

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:19 am
@BillRM,
True...
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:47 am
@TheCobbler,
You assume certain risks if you are trying to sell illegal guns and when the police try to arrest you you take off.

Too bad I was not on that jury as it sound like another OJ jury.
TheCobbler

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:51 am
@BillRM,
The excessive use of force is the problem.

Judge, jury and executioner at the end of a barrel of a gun!

Would you want that kind of justice?
BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:01 am
@TheCobbler,
There was no indication that this 70 plus years old undertrained aux cop met to used deadly force and what happen come under the assume risk to resisting the police.
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 06:41 pm
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 28 Apr, 2016 07:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
He is a classic hypocrite.