BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 08:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It must be very sad CI for you not to have the intellect to support rational disagreements with me resulting in your need to fall back on childish insults.

oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 08:26 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
noun
a device or piece of software that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination):
intelligent infobots; shopping bots that help consumers find the best prices.
Origin Expand
1985-90; shortening of robot

Note: minimal human intervention.

If they had created a program to search out posts and vote them down without anyone overseeing the process, then I'd call it a bot.

The focus of the mass votedowns seems to be posts that someone objects to, which would indicate human control over the targeting rather than a program deciding on its own what to vote down.

I think the mass votedowns were automated, but were more like a script that someone directly activated after pointing at a specific post.

I notice the mass votedowns seem to have stopped again. I wonder if the culprit is merely doing something else at the moment, or if they have been suspended again. Last time they stopped it was for approximately 7 days, indicating a probable suspension.
BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 08:52 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I notice the mass votedowns seem to have stopped again. I wonder if the culprit is merely doing something else at the moment, or if they have been suspended again. Last time they stopped it was for approximately 7 days, indicating a probable suspension.

Robert claimed that all those vote downs was valid and did not reply when I ask him if he had check the system logs before he came to that conclusion so who know what is going on behind the scenes.
BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The focus of the mass votedowns seems to be posts that someone objects to, which would indicate human control over the targeting rather than a program deciding on its own what to vote down

Yet there seem a lack of logic in the vote downs as posts that contain only facts and no opinions sometime get the most vote downs such as SC rulings or CDC information.
cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:15 pm
@BillRM,
I was so dumb, it is sad for you, that I worked in management for over 80% of my working career. Also did consulting, and trained management staff on hiring and personnel management. Made enough money to buy income property, and retired early.
oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:47 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Yet there seem a lack of logic in the vote downs as posts that contain only facts and no opinions sometime get the most vote downs such as SC rulings or CDC information.

Some of the most vicious posts that have ever been directed at me have come in response to me pointing out facts that people found inconvenient.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
An you did all that and only needed to read 20 books in your life.

In any case, it was truly interesting how over the years complex bypasses/relationships was created within my company to get around the bottlenecks of incompetent management such as yourself.

Someone could get a Phd over this subject as another example that come to mind was a man with the title of clerk that function as the operational head of half of an important railroad for years out of New York City due to him fulling a management power vacuum.

Just before this 'clerk' retired he gave up his fat union hourly wages with overtime and they gave him a title and a salary to go along with the job he had been doing for years.

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:06 pm
@BillRM,
Men of Goodwill
Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus
Het Bureau
Gordana
À la recherche du temps perdu characters.[15]
Zettels Traum
Clarissa, or, the History of a Young Lady
Unknown dimensions
Poor Fellow My Country
Women and Men
Sironia, Texas
Unknown dimensions
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Miss MacIntosh, My Darling Marguerite Young
Unknown dimensions
Sir Charles Grandson
Les Misérables

I just read Les Miserables in high school.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:09 pm
@izzythepush,
I was one of those down votes unless it happened in since I put ol' Bill back on ignore.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:36 pm
Racist texts allegedly sent by SF officers released
http://www.sfexaminer.com/racist-texts-allegedly-sent-sf-officers-released/

The text messages compared blacks to animals and made light of shootings. They called Latinos “beaners” and targeted gay officers. And all of them were sent by San Francisco police officers.

Such are the contents of the latest bigoted text messages to come out of the San Francisco Police Department — released in detail Tuesday — which are one more piece of evidence that The City’s Police Department has a culture that condones bias, said Public Defender Jeff Adachi.

Adachi released the texts after receiving them through discovery in a related criminal case from the District Attorney’s Office, which first made the existence of the texts public last month but did not release the content of the messages. The case involved Officer Jason Lai, who was under investigation for an alleged sexual assault....

“There is a problem in the SFPD and I don’t think Chief (Greg) Suhr can contest that,” Adachi said. “It would be naive to believe these officers’ bigotry was reserved solely for text messages. It is a window into the biases they harbored. It likely influenced who they stopped, who they searched, who they arrested, and how they testified in criminal trials.”

edit: Link to racist texts here.

http://s79f01z693v3ecoes3yyjsg1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Racist-texts.pdf
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:40 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

Robert claimed that all those vote downs was valid and did not reply when I ask him if he had check the system logs before he came to that conclusion so who know what is going on behind the scenes.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:43 am
@BillRM,
@oralloy,
Quote:
The focus of the mass votedowns seems to be posts that someone objects to, which would indicate human control over the targeting rather than a program deciding on its own what to vote down

1 Reply
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:44 am
@oralloy,
@BillRM,
Quote:
noun
a device or piece of software that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination):
Origin Expand

Note: minimal human intervention.

If they had created a program to search out posts and vote them down without anyone overseeing the process, then I'd call it a bot.

The focus of the mass votedowns seems to be posts that someone objects to, which would indicate human control over the targeting rather than a program deciding on its own what to vote down.

I think the mass votedowns were automated, but were more like a script that someone directly activated after pointing at a specific post.

TheCobbler

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 11:47 am
I do not like posting stuff like this but this police brutality needs to be seen and eradicated from our society.
https://www.facebook.com/fortafyfans/videos/1422112507883087/
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 01:43 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Quote:
noun
a device or piece of software that can execute commands,

A noun is a device or piece of software? LOL
BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
A noun is a device or piece of software? LOL

So a man who had read 20 books in his life is putting down the writers of Wikipedia articles.!!!!!!!!!!
TheCobbler

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 04:04 pm
@BillRM,
You don't need to be well read to have ethics.

It helps but is not a perquisite for emotional intelligence.

A common mistake is to confuse EQ with IQ...
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 04:05 pm
@BillRM,
Betcha, most people reading this will interpret it the same way I do.
Quote:
@oralloy,
@BillRM,
Quote:
noun
Origin Expand

Emphasis is mine.
BillRM

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 04:11 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
You don't need to be well read to have ethics.

If you do not read you are cut off from most of the history and hard gain wisdom of the human race.

You also can not place current events in context with that history either.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 27 Apr, 2016 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
No, he's pointing out your inability to quote properly. To whit, the definition but not the thing being defined.

Do you only see half of something? Have you got some sort of condition where the right and left sides of the brain are at odds? It would explain a lot, particularly your sentence construction. You should get yourself checked out.
0 Replies