izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:57 am
@BillRM,
I agree, CI is very much like a beautiful butterfly, while you're more of a gastropod, leaving a trail of slime wherever you go.
glitterbag

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:10 am
@izzythepush,
You made me laugh, thanks Izzy.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:45 am
@izzythepush,
I concur... Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:56 am
@BillRM,
You need to understand the basics Bill. When people thumb down your posts, it means you have very little, if any, credibility. That seems to go way over your head. Nuance is missing from your brain.
Keep posting; it's worth a laugh.
BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry but a up to 22 votes down in minutes are bots and nothing else but bots.

Not that I would care except at seven or so votes downs a posting disappear from view for those who had not change their defaults.

I could deal with it with my own bots but that would be breaking the rules so if the posting is important I will just keep reposting it for now at least.
cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:42 am
@BillRM,
You don't know they are bots. You just want to think the best for yourself. Go ahead if that makes you feel better.
izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:53 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Not that I would care

You do care which is why voting down your posts is so much fun. The best ones are when you repost something and dare everyone to thumb those down, all the time raving about imaginary bots.

You're like someone who walks into a pub with kick me on his back and wonders why he gets booted up the arse. The only difference is you put the sign on your own back.

You're racist, sexist, and more than a little bit creepy. And you murder the English language on a daily basis. That's why you get voted down.

Keep whining about bots, that's what makes it so sweet.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
They bots as not one of those 22 votes downs posted or indicated they was anything but bots and I am getting annoyed at Robert for not checking his log files and closing out phony accounts.

Simple solution would be not to allow an account to do votings until they had a numbers of postings.
Robert Gentel

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:57 am
@BillRM,
Your notion that they are bots is delusional. You are simply saying things that many don't like.
ossobuco

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:58 am
@BillRM,
red herring

0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:10 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Oh and of the 22 votes down they are all known users that have a history of postings on this system Robert?

They was not new accounts that had never posted before or have you even bother to look at your system files???????

Waiting to hear from you that you had taken the time to check those system files.
izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:22 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

They bots as not one of those 22 votes downs posted or indicated they was anything but bots

I was one of those 22. I'm not a bot.
izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:27 pm
@BillRM,
Anyway you're wrong about people not seeing your posts once they get to minus 5. They have to see them in order to vote them down. At least 17 people must have clicked on your obscured post just to vote it down.
ossobuco

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:23 pm
@izzythepush,
People can set what they want to see in Preferences. Maybe some haven't seen that choice (Collapse Unpopular Posts: No, Yes) - in Preferences, or maybe they haven't looked at Preferences. Mine, for example, has always been No, since this system started. Nothing to do with 5, for me and other like me.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
You know there is a question of who among my fan club is bright enough to write a simple script even with the help of greasemonkey program to do the down votings.

Surely not you or CI and the only one that come to mind at the moment is NSA girl.
oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:42 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Your notion that they are bots is delusional. You are simply saying things that many don't like.

I'm not sure if "bot" is the correct term or not, but there is at least one person who does pile multiple vote downs on selected posts, and that person does target BillRM.
oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You need to understand the basics Bill. When people thumb down your posts, it means you have very little, if any, credibility. That seems to go way over your head. Nuance is missing from your brain.
Keep posting; it's worth a laugh.

Setting aside the fact that we're dealing with a severe case of vote-down abuse, if a bunch of simpletons vote down intelligent and insightful posts, that may well mean that intelligent people have little credibility with simpletons.

But that ultimately says more about the simpletons than it does about the intelligent people that they vote down.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Unlawful????????????

I was trying to figure out why it might be objectionable that they had participated in that past war.

BillRM wrote:
The point being that they was a military force and a threat to the colonies and the US and had been willing to fight against us with European enemies in the past.

They was an armed force of some strength that could decide at any time not to be peaceful with special note of if we had gotten into warfare with such nations as England or France. In fact we almost came to war with France during Jackson presidency.

Hell I had not done any research but off hand my bet would be that agents of France was indeed talking to the tribes in case France got into a shooting war with us.

The mere potential that "someday they might decide to side against us" is a pretty poor reason to commit an atrocity against someone who is currently peaceful and law-abiding.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
but there is at least one person who does pile multiple vote downs on selected posts, and that person does target BillRM

When the votes downs get to over 20 I can not believe that anyone would do the votes down manually but perhaps someone is both that hateful toward me and that dull.
oralloy

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 03:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Thumb's up for you, bobsal. However, I thought Bill had great imagination, but your pretend daughter story comes right to the point.

BillRM's point was entirely accurate (note the actual Supreme Court ruling that he cited, and the several famous events that he listed as examples). The police are not obligated to stop any crime. Any delusions to the contrary are simply delusions.
0 Replies