Who, Trump or Putin?
roger

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:37 pm
@Sturgis,
Putin
Sturgis

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:19 pm
@roger,
Neither of them is in a position to be too choosy. They deserve each other.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 09:15 pm
I have this to report, ladies and germs...

That man accepting the nomination to be Democratic candidate for president?
That guy speaking right now?

That ain’t no addled, confused old geezer.

That’s a determined, focused man with a mission and a purpose that he is conveying very clearly to a nation in need.

You go, Joe!!
glitterbag

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 10:18 pm
@snood,
The whole convention tonight was inspiring....and you're right, he ain't no addled, confused old geezer. And unlike the squatter in the West Wing he doesn't think he's a messiah. But Donnie does he thinks Qanon claims they love this country but they really really love Donnie the Cannibal fighter.
snood

Fri 21 Aug, 2020 03:19 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The whole convention tonight was inspiring....and you're right, he ain't no addled, confused old geezer. And unlike the squatter in the West Wing he doesn't think he's a messiah. But Donnie does he thinks Qanon claims they love this country but they really really love Donnie the Cannibal fighter.

Yeah, did you see that, when he basically okayed the support of Qanon?

Every insane, evil group or person on earth knows that all they have to do is say they like him, and he’ll welcome their support.

#PresidentBiden
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 21 Aug, 2020 05:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

That’s a determined, focused man with a mission and a purpose that he is conveying very clearly to a nation in need.

You go, Joe!!

YEP!
farmerman

Fri 21 Aug, 2020 05:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Aw, its nothing really.

He spoke like the way we should be used to hearing what our president should sound like. Addled? I was never really too concerned about that , I was actually more concerned about Biden's reputation for "Uppah Delaware Naughty Taalk" .

He did not disappoint. Im sure Trump will try to crush Biden's night but Trump cannot refute almost anything Biden said. Biden sewed plans , with optimism, and by doing so has really shined the spotlight on the present president who is apparently without clothes.

What does Trump have left in which to take refuge? Biden in a well delivered speech took away most. of Trump's weapons, not the least of which is the xenophobia that our govt has taken up as our national policy in the last 4 years.

I see McConnell has been speeding up his distancing to the Dark Lord.

All I can say is WOW, hes the mailman.

Frank Apisa

Fri 21 Aug, 2020 06:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

...doing so has really shined the spotlight on the present president who is apparently without clothes.

All I want to see is for Biden to give precedence to upending the precedents the present president has screwed up. Wink

Quote:
What does Trump have left in which to take refuge? Biden in a well delivered speech took away most. of Trump's weapons, not the least of which is the xenophobia that our govt has taken up as our national policy in the last 4 years.

He did that!

Quote:
I see McConnell has been speeding up his distancing to the Dark Lord.

I'm surprised there is not more distancing from the abomination coming from everyone who needs votes to keep a job.

The Trumpers will never distance themselves from him. He is their Fuhrer...their Dear Leader.

snood

Sat 22 Aug, 2020 11:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The Trumpers will never distance themselves from him. He is their Fuhrer...their Dear Leader.

It’s so freaking eerie. It almost has the feeling of those entranced by Jim Jones. Even to the point that some of them will ingest deadly substances if their leader tells them it’s okay.
maporsche

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 06:03 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

You go, Joe!!

It was a great speech. I’d say the best of his I’ve seen.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 06:13 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

It’s so freaking eerie. It almost has the feeling of those entranced by Jim Jones. Even to the point that some of them will ingest deadly substances if their leader tells them it’s okay.

It IS eerie, Snood.

Nancy and I had an outdoor snack dinner with friends last evening in their backyard. He is a staunch American conservative...a Trump supporter. We've been able to keep our friendship by staying far away from any political talk when we get together.

But, almost inevitably (which I feared) the talk came around to the coronavirus...and he started with talk that could have come straight out of the mouth of the moron-in-chief.

After two or three of the moves in that direction (which I diverted by moving quickly to other subjects) he started once more...and I finally had to do a drama rendition of a diversion. I stood up...raised my hands to the sky...and shouted very loudly, "Jesus Christ Almighty...save me from all this ****." I then left the backyard and took a ten minute walk up the street where they live.

When I came back into the backyard, it was obvious he had gotten the message. No more!

They are like ******* echo chambers...unthinking echo chambers. I love the guy and his wife, but just cannot figure out how he can be so devoted to that kind of obvious bullshit...and the disgusting turd who is spreading it.
farmerman

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 07:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
admitting one has been wrong about Trump requires one to admit theyve been wrong about their views of good and evil. I think that's way too much to ask of many folks.

ALSO, many of his supporters are ONE ISSUE voters,(I find that particularly strange)

RABEL222

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:48 am
@farmerman,
my oldest son is a one issue voter. Guns and the fear democrats will confiscate all his guns. We no longer discuss Trump or republicans because I have learned he is a bug on this issue.
farmerman

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:55 am
@RABEL222,
Im a gun owner and Im always amazed at how the rabid gun guys will stock up on ammo and buy guns on a weather report.

bobsal u1553115

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:01 pm
@farmerman,
Realizing that one is mostly likely to die by one's own hand gun - I've gifted my two asshole neighbors each a pistol.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:35 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm happy to learn our son is closer to our way of thinking about Trump, and most other politicians. My younger brother is a republican and politician in California. I don't know how he manages to remain in the party of Trump. Republicans are trying to destroy our social security and Medicare. Trump is working to destroy our justice departments and postal system. The CIA and FBI recently made the claim that Donald Trump is unfit to be our president. I agree. Many republicans left the party, and I admire their choice. My brother, not so much. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/editorials/fl-op-edit-social-security-medicare-sabotage-20200811-b72dob5eszb5liozv5lezovpcu-story.html ***** https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-republicans/former-republican-cia-fbi-heads-and-national-security-officials-to-back-biden-idUSKBN25G2C5

RABEL222

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think the problem with Trump is the fact voters have just lately gotten to know trump. I learned what a crooked sob he was in the 1990's. Trump university screwed lots of people out of an education they Thought they paid for. It was a scam. If you did work for him at one of his businesses he would refuse to pay by taking you to court because he knew one dident have the money to fight him and so had to come to an out of court settlement. A rich mans way of screwing out poorer people out of what he owed them. Someone will demand that I post proof of this but I don't know how to post this kind of posts but all one has to do to find proof of these accusations is to google them which is why republicans demand proof from someone like me. they don't want proof of my posts. they want to make me look as stupid as they are and make appear as blatant a liar as they are. Enough of my rant, ill shut up and go away. Temporally.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 03:37 pm
Quote:
A list of Republicans who have decided not to support Trump:

Former President George W. Bush
Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah
John Bolton, former national security adviser
Gov. Phil Scott of Vermont
William H. McRaven, retired four-star Navy admiral
Cindy McCain, widow of Sen. John McCain
John Kasich, former gov. of Ohio
Colin Powell, former secretary of state
Miles Taylor, former chief of staff at the Dept of Homeland Security
Christine Whitman, former gov. of New Jersey
Meg Whitman, chief executive of Quibi
Susan Molinari, former congresswoman from New York
Carly Fiorina, 2016 presidential candidate
Representative Francis Rooney of Florida
Charlie Dent, former congressman from Pennsylvania

And more than 70 top Republican national security officials.
Among the signatories were former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel;
Michael Hayden, the former C.I.A. and N.S.A. director; John Negroponte,
the former director of national intelligence; and William Webster,
the former director of the C.I.A. and the F.B.I.
(nyt)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 03:45 pm

Former RNC chair Michael Steele joins The Lincoln Project

Former chairman of the Republican National Committee Michael Steele is joining
the Lincoln Project, a group of Republicans working to prevent Trump's re-election.

"Today is the day where things should matter and you need to take stock of what
matters to you -- and the kind of leader you want to lead in these moments. And
for me, it ain't him," Steele, a political analyst for MSNBC said Monday afternoon...