The Case For Biden

Lash

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 06:46 am
M4A is the most important thing on the US election docket. Look at the polls on that issue. Even with Republicans—it’s gaining traction.

Warren has stepped away from it. The others make mewling noises about it—they’ll step away on Election Day.

Sanders is the ONLY ONE who can be trusted to perform on this and MANY OTHER people-centered policies.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 06:53 am
@Lash,
Proof I am willing to be surprised and open to new ideas. You're a tad too paranoid to be able to understand that.

Leave people a chance, open your heart a bit, don't be such a harpie all the time.
Lash

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 06:55 am
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/05/15/poll_medicare_for_all_support_is_high__but_complicated_140327.html

M4A: maybe the defining issue in 2020
0 Replies

snood

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 07:19 am
@Olivier5,
Ooh, “harpie”. Colorful. Apt.
oralloy

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 07:34 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
My response is Biden won't even construct any policies. He refuses to confront the voters on who he is as a candidate. He just says he can beat Trump. Then, he throws out this pie in the sky 'cancer cure' like yelling 'squirrel'.
Kennedy was one of the most intelligent presidents. Biden would be one of the stupidest.

Fair enough. I was just clarifying what he meant.
Olivier5

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 08:23 am
@snood,
"HarpY" in English, actually. HarpIE is the French spelling.
Lash

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 09:53 am
@Olivier5,
That’s what it is. Just couldn’t articulate it before.

Elizabeth Warren is a harpy.
snood

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 10:22 am
An Elizabeth Warren Harpy would be more of the powerful, rare and endangered predator variety.

Olivier was referring to the other kind of harpy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 10:26 am
@Lash,
I guess Bernie likes a harpy then.... He must be such an idiot, right?
farmerman

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 10:46 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Kennedy was one of the most intelligent presidents. Biden would be one of the stupidest
Yeh but, based on our present POTUS, how smart must one actually be to be elected president??
Lash

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 11:31 am
@Olivier5,
He can take her in small doses. It’s the speeches that kill. Sheesh.
Lash

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 11:32 am
@farmerman,
You have a point.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 11:54 am
@farmerman,
Smarter than a rock, which our president is not.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 01:24 pm
@Lash,
Her voice is a bit annoying, i grant you that. But are you going to stop at that? She's saying important things with that annoying voice in my view.

I got a colleague like that. Annoying voice, but smart. I got used to the voice.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 18 Jun, 2019 02:56 pm
Biden has made his move for the Cancer Patient Vote
RABEL222

Tue 18 Jun, 2019 04:54 pm
@Lash,
Is sure a great start.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 18 Jun, 2019 04:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your short term memory is deficient.He just lost a son to cancer. Better than saying i need a golf course in russia.
roger

Tue 18 Jun, 2019 05:29 pm
@RABEL222,
True.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:12 am
If you know Joe like I know Joe, no...no...NO!

https://www.essence.com/op-ed/joe-biden-james-o-eastland-mississippi/

“I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to ‘order’ than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Joe Biden, the architect of the 1994 Crime Bill and former U.S. Vice-President, is not as slick as he thinks he is. In fact, he’s a cliché, a stock photo, an avatar, for every single liberal white man who believes that just because he’s not a member of the Republican Party or an adherent to the most virulent white supremacist policies, that he can disguise his rancid racism behind “Aw shucks, I just tell it like it is” performative politic-ing and Black people will just fall in line.

Because at least he’s not Donald Trump.

He proved that again Tuesday night at an NYC fundraiser, during which he reportedly told the crowd that he and James O. Eastland, the long-serving, segregationist, white supremacist Mississippi senator known as “The Voice of the White South,” and the “Godfather of Mississippi Politics”, shared a mutual fondness and respect for each other.

The senator from Delaware reportedly stated, “I know the new New Left tells me that I’m — this is old-fashioned. Well guess what? If we can’t reach a consensus in our system, what happens? It encourages and demands the abuse of power by a president.”
0 Replies

snood

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:06 am
Biden just lost me. If he gets the nomination I will vote for him because he’d be the opposition to Trump, but these recent reassurances to rich donors about how he’s not going to “fundamentally change” anything about their lifestyle... ech. Lost me.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-wont-demonize-the-rich_n_5d09ac63e4b0f7b74428e4c6
0 Replies