The press didnt report the truth about the Fence

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:24 pm
revel wrote:
The Indians lost their way of life and their very lives to Americans after our indepence from England.

Actually england and france did a pretty good job exterminating indians long before there was a US. Like the indians probably exterminated those that were here before them.

The american indians were not unlike europe at the time of romes expansion. Nature has a law, adapt or die.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:29 pm
So the English and the French, who morphed into Americans, were like the genocidal enforcement arm of nature, acting as her agent, all according to plan, in this extermination of the unadaptable Native American, is that what you're saying?

Fascinating. I've never heard it put quite that way. So the holocaust was a natural elimination of unadaptable jews who couldn't get with the Aryan program as nature intended I suppose.

Brilliant. You should publish.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
So the English and the French, who morphed into Americans

The french and a good portion of the english morphed into canadians.

LOL, are there resevations in canada?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:34 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:
I suggest you do some serious study of Palestine, Islam, and Israel.
The reason we fight Islamic Fascist terror today has very little to do with Israel and everything to do with Islam......
The root of the trouble is that this entire Moslem region is totally dysfunctional, by any standard of the word, and would have been so even if Israel would have joined the Arab league and an independent Palestine would have existed for 100 years.

Israel's:

1) Expantionism
2) Vengefull reactions
3) Occupation
4) Claiming of land that they aquired through violence

Have a bit to do with their segment of this issue. Trying to pawn a territorial dispute off on a religion is insipid.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:34 pm
nice avoidance technique.....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:40 pm
Redheat, if it makes you feel any better, I will quickly acknowledge that american history is filled with instances such as you speak of. But I was rebutting a specific statement that compared our revolution to what is going on between Israel and the palestinians. The two cannot be compared as the earlier poster did. The situations are different and if I may say, the ME situation is much more complex than the situation at the time of our revolution.

I was stating the one obvious difference between the two, that being that we did not send people over to England to kill civilians (I realize that technology and the travel time would have made this more difficult then, but I did not make the comparison). We fought for the right to govern ourselves. I have no problem with palestinians who believe they need to fight for the right to govern themselves. Go for it. Use whatever means possible. Except for targeting civilians!!!!

Do you think they are within their right to target civilians? If so, then you also must believe that Israel is within their right to target palestinian civilians. If so, great. I guess we have no problem. Let them all kill each other and let's not worry about it.

I repeat....if building a wall will stop the killing, build the thing. I don't even care where. Let the killing stop and then start negotiating borders. But this won't happen until the palestinian terrorist groups back away from their stated objective of eliminating Israel. That, IMHO, is the major stumbling block to any solution in the ME.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:10 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
nice avoidance technique.....

Truth isn't avoidance.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Redheat, if it makes you feel any better, I will quickly acknowledge that american history is filled with instances such as you speak of. But I was rebutting a specific statement that compared our revolution to what is going on between Israel and the palestinians. The two cannot be compared as the earlier poster did. The situations are different and if I may say, the ME situation is much more complex than the situation at the time of our revolution.

I was stating the one obvious difference between the two, that being that we did not send people over to England to kill civilians (I realize that technology and the travel time would have made this more difficult then, but I did not make the comparison). We fought for the right to govern ourselves. I have no problem with palestinians who believe they need to fight for the right to govern themselves. Go for it. Use whatever means possible. Except for targeting civilians!!!!

Do you think they are within their right to target civilians? If so, then you also must believe that Israel is within their right to target palestinian civilians. If so, great. I guess we have no problem. Let them all kill each other and let's not worry about it.

I repeat....if building a wall will stop the killing, build the thing. I don't even care where. Let the killing stop and then start negotiating borders. But this won't happen until the palestinian terrorist groups back away from their stated objective of eliminating Israel. That, IMHO, is the major stumbling block to any solution in the ME.

No I don't think anyone has the "right" to target civilians but if you are targeting civilians "rights" of all involved are pretty much irrelevant.

Building the wall WON'T stop the killing. Plus why does Israel get to build a wall on land that is not theres? Would you build a fence on your neighbors property?

I don't buy into the premise of just letting them kill each other because it's the innocents who die. Plus this premise seems in direct conflict with the "iraqi liberation" quest. If we should just let them sort it out for themselves then why are we in Iraq?

Personally I don't understand this deep seated and long standing rights to land. Cut the damn country in equal parts and have a border. Problem is that now the Palestinians must work in Israel because they have little in their own "country". So how does a wall benefit them? Until both sides have equal standing no wall will prevent the attacks, they may very well disperse them outward which could include us.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:22 pm
Redheat wrote:

Building the wall WON'T stop the killing.

It might, it will certainly slow it down.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:26 pm
Since building the wall, attacks in northern Israel have practically ceased.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Since building the wall, attacks in northern Israel have practically ceased.

Well if a neighbor was annoying you with their outside activities and you built a fence on their property disallowing them to be outside, then your annoyance would cease. Would that make your taking it upon yourself to impede on their land right?

The wall was declared illegal because it impeded on Palestinians and their land. Sorry but no matter how you spin it thats wrong. If you want to build a wall then allow them to determine the borders and give them access to the same kinds of business. Which means finance them so they can live, and work independently from Israel.

Think of it in terms of a pressure cooker. Sure the ingredients will stay inside the pot and simmer for a long time, but turn up the heat and ignore it and the pressure will force that inside out.

Trying to contain this pressure with a wall will only eventually guarantee the pressue will force the explosian out into the surrounding areas.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:40 pm
The Palestinians are free to move. I am sure Syria, or Jordan, or Egypt or Lebannon would be overjoyed to have their bretheren living with them.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:43 pm
Redheat wrote:

Which means finance them so they can live, and work independently from Israel.

LOL, so israelies must also provide welfare to the terrorists that constantly attack them?

The wall will work once it is up. Why do you want more israelies to die?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:46 pm
McGentrix wrote:
The Palestinians are free to move. I am sure Syria, or Jordan, or Egypt or Lebannon would be overjoyed to have their bretheren living with them.

Why should they? Would you move if your neighbors proved annoying? It's just as much their land as it is Israels.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:58 pm
I recently purchased a new home not so deep in the heart of the Adirondacks. I am now squarely in the heart of the Oneida Indian Land Claim. I was asked, when I purchased our home, if I was interested in purchasing insurance just in case the Indians should win their claim. I decided that if it comes down to, we may have to kick their asses in another war to settle the dispute.

The Oneida indians have have a miserable history and I feel badly for how they were and are treated. That does not change the fact that they lost a war though, nor does it change the fact that they no longer have the right to lay claim to land in the USA.

Palestinians are much the same way. All the land that is now Palestine has been cpatured at one time or another by Israel and only through international pressure have they released it back to the Palestinians. You claim that they have as much right to it as the Israeli's? I say your wrong.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 03:01 pm
Redheat wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Why should they? Would you move if your neighbors proved annoying? It's just as much their land as it is Israels.

It is just as much the popes land as anyone, but in reality land belongs to whoever can hold it.

The palastinians lost this land by attacking israeli civilians. They don't deserve to get it back.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 03:29 pm
Karzak wrote:

The palastinians lost this land by attacking israeli civilians. They don't deserve to get it back.

This is dreadful, shameful lie, not improved by being often repeated.

The Palestinian arabs lost their land because they were subject to ethnic cleansing in 1948, further by Israeli expansion in the two modern wars (which were not against Palestine, note.)

Since then they have beem terrorised, brutalised, and robbed. And murdered. And the process continues. I do not condone suicide bombing, but I understand the reason why it is being employed.

McTag
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
McTag wrote:

The Palestinian arabs lost their land because they were subject to ethnic cleansing in 1948

Your definition of ethnic cleansing must be different from everyone elses then.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 04:11 pm
Karzak wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
So the English and the French, who morphed into Americans

The french and a good portion of the english morphed into canadians.

LOL, are there resevations in canada?

Yes, but here we spell it 'reservations', and I have to tell you, there are line-ups to get in to the best native restos. Pemmican and gas huffing is all the rage up here.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 04:24 pm
Karzak wrote:
McTag wrote:

The Palestinian arabs lost their land because they were subject to ethnic cleansing in 1948

Your definition of ethnic cleansing must be different from everyone elses then.

Actually that use of ethnic cleansing is perfectly consistent with it's definition.

Many ignorant people define ethnic cleansing as killing but it also involves explusion.

Look it up in Mirriam Webster for example.
0 Replies