The press didnt report the truth about the Fence

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:02 pm
I see that you've managed to troll up another post pretty well, Karzak.

Let me ask you a question: have you ever been to Isreal/Palestine? In the last ten years?

I have. I went on a trip three years ago, and again a year and a half ago. We stayed in Jerusalem for a month each time, during the summer.

The conditions in Palestine are hellish. The people there can't work, can't get jobs in Israel, aren't allowed to move around their own country, don't have access to food and water on a regular basis, and have their houses bulldozed whenever Israel feels like it. They have no organized resistance to Israel.

I can remember staying at a checkpoint for three hours, because one of the guys who was working with us was Palestinian. Although the exact same guards had let us into Palestine about 3 hours earlier, they wouldn't let him cross back into Jerusalem. There was a line of people 4 deep, it went back about 300 feet, in-between barbed wire fences, where the Palestinians were held like cattle, waiting to cross over. Only one or two out of five people actually could cross. One lady kept shouting and eventually was carried away in a squad car of some sort. My Isreali friends told me she was trying to go see her son, who was injured on the job in Israel, and they wouldn't let her go through to get to the hospital. I'll never forget the look on her face as they handcuffed her.

In Palestine, we talked to a family who had three kids (out of five) who were killed at Jenin a few years ago when the Israelis decided to destroy the whole damn town. The father worked for slave wages at a chicken hatchery in Israel, the mother stayed at home. They were but a single example of the unbelievable poverty the Israelis have forced these people into living in. EVERYWHERE you looked, there was rubble from fights. Everywhere.

So, when you say,

Quote:
If the palastinians want peace, all they have to do is stop attacking israelies, the same is not true for the israelies.

It leads me to believe that you don't have a f*cking clue what you are talking about.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:05 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It leads me to believe that you don't have a f*cking clue what you are talking about.

Cycloptichorn

LOL, and why, do you think Rolling Eyes , the conditions are as they are? Did the israelies simply throw up these barriers for no reason?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:10 pm
The conditions are as they are because the Israelis wanted to kick ALL of the palestinians off the land, they couldn't accomplish that politically, so they have spent the last 40 years or so squeezing the vise tighter and tighter.

Do you think the Palestinians just started blowing stuff up for no reason?

You don't know ANYTHING about the region, man, give it up and quit trolling up another thread....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

You don't know ANYTHING about the region, man, give it up and quit trolling up another thread....

Cycloptichorn

LOL, its funny that an opinion is labled as a troll by you simply because it doesn't agree with yours.

I apparently know more about the region than you, israel has tried time and time again to broker peace with the PLO, but the palastinians wouldn't give up terrorism, so they reap what they sow, a simple enough scenario.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:23 pm
Quote:
LOL, its funny that an opinion is labled as a troll by you simply because it doesn't agree with yours.

I apparently know more about the region than you, israel has tried time and time again to broker peace with the PLO, but the palastinians wouldn't give up terrorism, so they reap what they sow, a simple enough scenario.

No, they haven't. Can you provide me with documentary evidence to back up your claim, Karzak? Do you know ANYTHING about the peace plans that have been offered, at all? Do you know WHY the plans offered by Israel are so damn bad that they won't be accepted by any rational person?

Can you answer a SINGLE question that has been asked of you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:26 pm
Don't forget Karzac that many on the left (not naming names) feel the need to support terrorists and terrorist organizations like Hamas, the PLO, Islamic, Jihad, al Qaeda...

They see any move by the western countries to eliminate these groups as a power move that threatens to unbalance the nature of things.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm
<scratches head>

There's a difference between 'supports them' and 'understands why they are so pissed off that they do crazy ass things.' That doesn't make them right; but these people don't exist in a vacuum, yaknow....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Don't forget Karzac that many on the left (not naming names) feel the need to support terrorists and terrorist organizations like Hamas, the PLO, Islamic, Jihad, al Qaeda...

They see any move by the western countries to eliminate these groups as a power move that threatens to unbalance the nature of things.

no, please do name names......big war hero wannabes should have the stones to make their accusations right up front don't you think?
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Do you know WHY the plans offered by Israel are so damn bad that they won't be accepted by any rational person?

LOL, do you think the palastinians are better off now with the intifada than if they had actually ever sought peace?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:34 pm
Quote:
Israel was indeed a country, as I suspect you know even as you deny it. I can name israeli kings, like david and solomon. Can you name a palastinian king?

According the the OT, Israel was a nation of people not a country or state. The land they lived on which was the promised land was divided up and soon Saul, David and all the rest were kings of Isreal. Even when they were carried away to babylonian they were still Israel.

However, other than the fact that not everyone accepts the Old Testament as any kind of truth to be relied on for who lives where, if Israel was a country then there would have been no need for the United Nations to form for them a state in 1940 something after the holocaust.

Quote:
Freedom fighters don't set out to blow up busses full of innocent people. Terrorists do.

Dead innocent people are dead innocent people if they are in a bus or a plane or a building if it is made of a suicide bomb or a misssle. Tell me, if the Isralies set off a missle in a crowded place filled with innocent people; do they think the missle will know they were innocent and side track them and zero in on the one alleged "terrorist" in the crowd? And then when innocent people get blown to bits and property gets destroyed; they can just say, "hey we were trying to get the bad guy, it is not our fault innocents got killed in the process."

The point is that both Israel and Palestine kill innocent people fighting for what they both believe in.

Quote:
They are losing ground because of the bombings, seems stupid to continue it and lose more ground, but that is what they seem intent on doing.

You have a point, but they probably don't want to just lie down and take whatever crumbs they may or may not be given. They might feel that if they are going to suffer any way no matter what they do, they may as well take out as much people as they can. So far, no one is helping them anyway. They get offered deals, but they are always lousy deals or something in it that they can't agree with and then they either have to accept it anyway or keep on doing what they are doing.

I personally do not like or condone violence, but I don't live in that kind of condition so I don't know what i would do in that situation.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:36 pm
revel wrote:

Dead innocent people are dead innocent people if they are in a bus or a plane or a building if it is made of a suicide bomb or a misssle.

The difference is in the deliberate targeting of civilians vs. collateral damage.

revel wrote:

You have a point, but they probably don't want to just lie down and take whatever crumbs they may or may not be given.

Then they can continue to lose.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

No, they haven't. Can you provide me with documentary evidence to back up your claim, Karzak? Do you know ANYTHING about the peace plans that have been offered, at all? Do you know WHY the plans offered by Israel are so damn bad that they won't be accepted by any rational person?
Can you answer a SINGLE question that has been asked of you?

Cycloptichorn

Let's see now...
Unrelenting bloodshed; hatred; hardship; death; poverty; towns in rubble; ignorance; psychopathic leaders; hatred of the entire world, mostly their Arab brethern.....
Or....
A crappy; not what we wanted; one-sided; unfair; oppressive; whatever; chance at peace and the ability to feed the children, build homes, create an economy, stop murdering people, work for a living, create laws, have a decent society.....

What to choose??? HMMMMMMM????
Oh hell, let's choose death and murder and destruction....
Why not?
It's all the same, according to one who has visited there...
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:40 pm
Quote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Do you know WHY the plans offered by Israel are so damn bad that they won't be accepted by any rational person?

LOL, do you think the palastinians are better off now with the intifada than if they had actually ever sought peace?

I guess the answer is no, you cannot answer any of the questions I posed you, OR provide any documentary evidence for your case at all. Therefore, my orgional premise stands - you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
revel wrote:

You have a point, but they probably don't want to just lie down and take whatever crumbs they may or may not be given.

Then they can continue to lose.

I guess America never should have been made, then, by your reasoning....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:45 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I see that you've managed to troll up another post pretty well, Karzak.

Let me ask you a question: have you ever been to Isreal/Palestine? In the last ten years?

I have. I went on a trip three years ago, and again a year and a half ago. We stayed in Jerusalem for a month each time, during the summer.

The conditions in Palestine are hellish. The people there can't work, can't get jobs in Israel, aren't allowed to move around their own country, don't have access to food and water on a regular basis, and have their houses bulldozed whenever Israel feels like it. They have no organized resistance to Israel.

I can remember staying at a checkpoint for three hours, because one of the guys who was working with us was Palestinian. Although the exact same guards had let us into Palestine about 3 hours earlier, they wouldn't let him cross back into Jerusalem. There was a line of people 4 deep, it went back about 300 feet, in-between barbed wire fences, where the Palestinians were held like cattle, waiting to cross over. Only one or two out of five people actually could cross. One lady kept shouting and eventually was carried away in a squad car of some sort. My Isreali friends told me she was trying to go see her son, who was injured on the job in Israel, and they wouldn't let her go through to get to the hospital. I'll never forget the look on her face as they handcuffed her.

In Palestine, we talked to a family who had three kids (out of five) who were killed at Jenin a few years ago when the Israelis decided to destroy the whole damn town. The father worked for slave wages at a chicken hatchery in Israel, the mother stayed at home. They were but a single example of the unbelievable poverty the Israelis have forced these people into living in. EVERYWHERE you looked, there was rubble from fights. Everywhere.

So, when you say,

Quote:
If the palastinians want peace, all they have to do is stop attacking israelies, the same is not true for the israelies.

Cycloptichorn

Thank you-

Point is I think that there is two sides to every story. When we fought the British don't forget we did it behind trees and went against the accepted military norm. So in the eyes of England we were terrorist were we not? They owned the country and we were fighting for our territory and doing so by whatever means was avaible to us.

I know to many there's always a difference between "us" and "them" but what means do you think the Palistinians have at their disposal that would put them on the same strength as Israel?

The problem is that the innocent are being killed and effected by the actions of the few in power. While I can't begin to fathom strapping a bomb to my kid (which will start soon in iraq) and allowing them to kill themselves you have to wonder about the depth of desperation these people must be feeling. Does anyone ever wonder if it were Christians in the same kind of situation what they wouldn't stoop too? We all ready know that Christianity has a long history of bloody bodies in their wake to rise above all and be the all powerful. So how is it that we as a "Christian" nation cannot find it in ourselves to at least try and see both sides?

I don't side with either, I think there's good people in both communities. I think it's awful to live with the threat of sucide bombers (not suiciders as our leader likes to say) and it must be hell to live in a situation where you are so powerless and you see your family and children dying.

It's just not a cut and dry, black and white situation and until the US comes to terms with that we will always have terrorist trying to bring us down because in their eyes we aide those who oppress them.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I guess America never should have been made, then, by your reasoning....

Cycloptichorn
I think you don't understand my reasoning. The indians lost america to the europeans because they were weak, the palastinians are likewise weak. If you continue a policy of violence against a stronger opponent you pretty much get what you ask for.

The palastinians have, since 1948, gotten what they asked for.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:52 pm
Oh, I understand your reasoning.

You're a jerk, do you know that? I guess you can count this thread as another 'victory,' as I will stop posting - despite the fact that you fail to provide a shred of documentary evidence to support your beliefs, or to use sound logical structures, or show even a basic history of the topic that you are discussing.

Cheers to you, troll.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:00 pm
Ok, as long as we are comparing and contrasting the American Revolution to the Palestinian/Israeli problem, lets compare it properly.

American militia did indeed hide behind trees during battles with British soldiers and I am sure they may have been called the equivalent of terrorists. How is that different though from what is going on now? Hmmm, well, let's see, I think the militia only targeted soldiers. I could see your point if the many palestinian fighters were targeting soldiers, but they are not. Why? I guess because they do not really care about a palestinian state. Their only stated objective is the elimination of Israel.

I don't know the answer for over there. But I know that as long as some (emphasis on some) groups continue to target Israeli civilians I would totally support any means within Israel's power to put a stop to it. Whether that is building a wall or going into neighborhoods and razing them to the ground because they are being used as bases for terrorist groups.

Am I cold and heartless? Maybe. But I would be the first to urge pressure on Israel to settle the problem of a Palestinian nation the moment these groups stop blowing up Israeli citizens and renounce their objective of driving Israel into the sea.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:07 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Oh, I understand your reasoning.

You're a jerk, do you know that? I guess you can count this thread as another 'victory,' as I will stop posting - despite the fact that you fail to provide a shred of documentary evidence to support your beliefs, or to use sound logical structures, or show even a basic history of the topic that you are discussing.

Cheers to you, troll.

Cycloptichorn

It's funny the way anyone who disagrees with a liberal is called a troll.

I gave as much documentary evidence as you, and my point, that Israel is protecting itself with the wall hardly requires a listing of the thousands of terrorist attacks the palastinians have committed. Unless you deny any acts of terrorism against israel have occured?

My logic is simple, I don't knoe why you fail to grasp it.

And I understand the history quite well, but history wasn't germane to my point other than my claim that the loss of land and freedom by the palastinians has been largely their own doing.

C-ya.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:12 pm
The Indians lost their way of life and their very lives to Americans after our indepence from England. They were here just living life and we all came in droves. We became rich and powerful for several reasons but we couldn't have done it without the slaves that we brought over from Africa on those torture ships. After that we worked on driving the Indians out of their native land just by killing most of them. I still can't get over the way we kiiled all those buffaloes in order to deprive them of their way of life. Then we stuck them on tiny reservations where they used to roam free. Yea, I guess your right, might always wins out.

Depressing.

Time for rationing
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:23 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Ok, as long as we are comparing and contrasting the American Revolution to the Palestinian/Israeli problem, lets compare it properly.

American militia did indeed hide behind trees during battles with British soldiers and I am sure they may have been called the equivalent of terrorists. How is that different though from what is going on now? Hmmm, well, let's see, I think the militia only targeted soldiers. I could see your point if the many palestinian fighters were targeting soldiers, but they are not. Why? I guess because they do not really care about a palestinian state. Their only stated objective is the elimination of Israel.

I don't know the answer for over there. But I know that as long as some (emphasis on some) groups continue to target Israeli civilians I would totally support any means within Israel's power to put a stop to it. Whether that is building a wall or going into neighborhoods and razing them to the ground because they are being used as bases for terrorist groups.

Am I cold and heartless? Maybe. But I would be the first to urge pressure on Israel to settle the problem of a Palestinian nation the moment these groups stop blowing up Israeli citizens and renounce their objective of driving Israel into the sea.

True the American only targeted soliders but who else was here? It's not like we were fighting on British soil. Plus what do you think they would do to a family of a man who they knew was a British sympathizer? Plus what if England had far out weighed us in weaponary? What would we have resorted to? We actually had the upper hand since we knew the areas and could hide securly while taking them out. However what if they knew the area and had us out gunned with superior weapons that we did not possess?

Funny isn't how Americans support any means to deal with Palistinians who target civilians given our history. Did we only target "soldiers" when we tamed the west? took TX and CA away from Mexico? This is one of America's problems their selective memories. Let's also not forget who we targeted many times in Vietnam.

Like I said until we can own up to our contributions to the problems in the ME we will never be safe. We can keep on this road of the "holier then thou" ignoring our part in all this and stay forever in danger, or we can honestly look at the realities and try to solve the problems. Denial on any side doesn't IMO help a damn thing.
0 Replies