The press didnt report the truth about the Fence

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 09:35 am
Moishe3rd wrote:

The root of the trouble is that this entire Moslem region is totally dysfunctional, by any standard of the word

Yes, and we have to keep them contained as best we can, until their oil runs out and they become another africa.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 09:36 am
Have you seen a plan of where this wall actually is? None of it is in Israel, or even in the disputed territories. All of it is in land which up to recently was in what is left of Palestine.
And it goes straight through some villages and towns.
So as well as being an affront and a provocation, it is also a land-grab.
Get yourself a plan, and take a look. It is outrageous.
Now the international court has pronounced it illegal.

This was written by one who supports the state of Israel (but certainly not some of its recent actions).
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 09:45 am
McTag wrote:
Have you seen a plan of where this wall actually is? None of it is in Israel, or even in the disputed territories. All of it is in land which up to recently was in what is left of Palestine.
And it goes straight through some villages and towns.
So as well as being an affront and a provocation, it is also a land-grab.
Get yourself a plan, and take a look. It is outrageous.
Now the international court has pronounced it illegal.

This was written by one who supports the state of Israel (but certainly not some of its recent actions).

Land always belongs to those that can take it. Every country in the world took their land from someone who didn't want to give it up.

What remains to be seen is what Israel will do now.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 09:59 am
Quote:
Redheat,
I suggest you do some serious study of Palestine, Islam, and Israel.
The reason we fight Islamic Fascist terror today has very little to do with Israel and everything to do with Islam.
I highlighted those parts of your post that are simply incorrect.
The wall is a useful tool, nothing more.
But as far as the source of violence, I offer you the following thoughts:

Sorry your disagreeing with me doesn't make me "wrong". Just like my disagreeing with you doesn't make you 'wrong" which I do disagree. The Israel conflict does have a lot to do with our fight.

Quote:
Israel and any problems related to it, in spite of what you might read or hear in the world media, is not the central issue, and has never been the central issue in the upheaval in the region. Yes, there is a 100 year-old Israeli-Arab conflict, but it is not where the main show is.
The millions who died in the Iran-Iraq war had nothing to do with Israel. The mass murder happening right now in Sudan, where the Arab Moslem regime is massacring its black Christian citizens, has nothing to do with Israel.
The frequent reports from Algeria about the murders of hundreds of civilian in one village or another by other Algerians have nothing to do with Israel.
Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, endangered Saudi Arabia and butchered his own people because of Israel.
Egypt did not use poison gas against Yemen in the 60's because of Israel. Assad the Father did not kill tens of thousands of his own citizens in one week in El Hamma in Syria because of Israel.
The Taliban control of Afghanistan and the civil war there had nothing to do with Israel.
The Libyan blowing up of the Pan-Am flight had nothing to do with Israel, and I could go on and on and on.

The root of the trouble is that this entire Moslem region is totally dysfunctional, by any standard of the word, and would have been so even if Israel would have joined the Arab league and an independent Palestine would have existed for 100 years.
The 22 member countries of the Arab league, from Mauritania to the Gulf States, have a total population of 300 millions, larger than the US and almost as large as the EU before its expansion.
They have a land area larger than either the US or all of Europe.
These 22 countries, with all their oil and natural resources, have a combined GDP smaller than that of Netherlands plus Belgium and equal to half of the GDP of California alone.
Within this meager GDP, the gaps between rich and poor are beyond belief and too many of the rich made their money not by succeeding in business, but by being corrupt rulers.
The social status of women is far below what it was in the Western World 150 years ago.
Human rights are below any reasonable standard, in spite of the grotesque fact that Libya was elected Chair of the UN Human Rights commission.
According to a report prepared by a committee of Arab intellectuals and published under the auspices of the U.N., the number of books translated by the entire Arab world is much smaller than what little Greece alone translates.
The total number of scientific publications of 300 million Arabs is less than that of 6 million Israelis.
Birth rates in the region are very high, increasing the poverty, the social gaps and the cultural decline.
And all of this is happening in a region, which only 30 years ago, was believed to be the next wealthy part of the world, and in a Moslem area, which developed, at some point in history, one of the most advanced cultures in the world.

It is fair to say that this creates an unprecedented breeding ground for cruel dictators, terror networks, fanaticism, incitement, suicide murders and general decline.
It is also a fact that almost everybody in the region blames this situation on the United States, on Israel, on Western Civilization, on Judaism and Christianity, on anyone and anything, except themselves.

I should also say a word about the millions of decent, honest, good people who are either devout Moslems or are not very religious but grew up in Moslem families. They are double victims of an outside world, which now develops Islamophobia and of their own environment, which breaks their heart by being totally dysfunctional.
The problem is that the vast silent majority of these Moslems are not part of the terror and of the incitement but they also do not stand up against it. They become accomplices, by omission, and this applies to political leaders, intellectuals, business people and many others.
Many of them can certainly tell right from wrong, but are afraid to express their views.

The above is partially excerpted from A View from the Eye of the Storm by Haim Harari.

The problem is not the fence.
The problem is the neighbors.
[/QUOTE]

Your confusing several different issues, but any way you try to slice it up the fact remains that we have contributed to the unrest. We do not fight "islam" we fight terrorist, they are two different animals. Palistinians deserve a homeland and goverment just like any other people. Our favoritism has alienated us from the Arab world and if it weren't for their dependence on our oil money I doubt we would have the relationship we do.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
Redheat wrote:
Palistinians deserve a homeland and goverment just like any other people.

They have been offered that over and over.

They don't want it, they want Israel destroyed instead.

Besides, Palastinians don't really have any history or claim to that land.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:21 am
Quote:

bull; as well to most of your other post
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:25 am
i know i am behaving in manner undignified, but i just don't see the point in having a dialogue with people such the one i responded to; yet i didn't want to leave it unreponded to as though he/she spoke a truth.

i really wish that poster would't use such an unflattering picture of the late john candy. i liked that guy (uncle buck; great outdoors...) and think he is doing john candy's late image a shame by latching onto it.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
revel wrote:
Quote:

bull; as well to most of your other post

LOL, the Palastinians themselves constantly sabotage plans to give them a seperate homeland by their terrorist actions.

Sorry that you feel terroists should be rewarded, I feel the opposite.

And Palastine has never been a country of its own.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:36 am
Quote:
And Palastine has never been a country of its own.

Neither was Israel and that's the whole point in a nutshell.

Quote:
Sorry that you feel terroists should be rewarded, I feel the opposite

One man's terrorist may be another man's freedom fighter. I am sure that is someone's quote, but I don't know whose right off hand.

Quote:
the Palastinians themselves constantly sabotage plans to give them a seperate homeland by their terrorist actions.

That is true in a way, on the other hand they were not getting anywhere before the bombings either.

Despite how it may seem I am not against the Jews, just zionism. When I hear of someone in Paris being attacked merely because they are jewish it sickens me as much as it does anyone else. However, the palestinian situation is different. Israel may make false moral high ground by saying that they do not on purpose set out to kill innocents, but if you set off missiles in public places you know you are going to kill innocents, so I don't see any difference. Furthermore they destroy palestinians on a daily basis through so many means it is just unfair so any moral high ground israel may claim in nullified in my opinion.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:45 am
revel wrote:

Israel was indeed a country, as I suspect you know even as you deny it. I can name israeli kings, like david and solomon. Can you name a palastinian king?

revel wrote:

One man's terrorist may be another man's freedom fighter. I am sure that is someone's quote, but I don't know whose right off hand.

Freedom fighters don't set out to blow up busses full of innocent people. Terrorists do.

revel wrote:

That is true in a way, on the other hand they were not getting anywhere before the bombings either.

They are losing ground because of the bombings, seems stupid to continue it and lose more ground, but that is what they seem intent on doing.

The Palastinians made their own bed, now they cry cause they have to lie in it. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for a people who get a wall because they do not want peace.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:52 am
Karzak wrote:
revel wrote:

Israel was indeed a country, as I suspect you know even as you deny it. I can name israeli kings, like david and solomon. Can you name a palastinian king?

Well, there have been three Israelic kings altogether, according to the Old Testament, so why did you forget to name the first one, Saul? :wink:
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:56 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Well, there have been three Israelic kings altogether, according to the Old Testament, so why did you forget to name the first one, Saul? :wink:

The point is that there is a history of a country called israel, there isn't a history of a country called palastine. Did you miss the point?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
It was actual YOU, who named only two out of the three Old Testamentarian Isrealic kings.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:02 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
It was actual YOU, who named only two out of the three Old Testamentarian Isrealic kings.

So what? What is your point? Mine was that Israel did exist, I made that point.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:41 am
You won. One point.

(Where did I when to whom neglect that? It's about the wall here, called 'fence', and I only added the missing third king.
Besides, I didn't say anything about the existence of Israel/Palestine at all.)
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:46 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You won.

There is no win here, only truth. Personally I have no vested interest in Israel, other than the fact that they have the responsibility to themselves to protect themselves. After the yom kipper and 6 day wars and the massive number of terrorist attacks I can certainly see the justification for the wall.

If the palastinians want peace, all they have to do is stop attacking israelies, the same is not true for the israelies.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:51 am
The press reported the ICJ ruled the barrier to be illegal, should be torn down and the people compensated. Is that not the truth? In what way did the press not report the truth, the court really said it is legal?

And for goodness sakes start spelling Palestinian Palestine Israel and Nebuccanezzar properly ok Smile
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:52 am
and Israelis
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:54 am
Not isrealians or pallastinyns but i'll give you zerrubbabel
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:54 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The press reported the ICJ ruled the barrier to be illegal, should be torn down and the people compensated. Is that not the truth?

Did I ever say the ruling was not the truth?
0 Replies