The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

Olivier5

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 04:37 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Some non-feminists are full of hate.

I agree. But they don't have a monopoly over hatred. You have no objective reasons to doubt Whitebars's gender, and yet you doubt it. I think that you do that to avoid confronting an inconvenient truth: that some feminists are men-haters.
izzythepush

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:09 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You have no objective reasons to doubt Whitebars's gender, and yet you doubt it.

FF has pointed out many flaws in Whitebar's story. Any objective observer would note the cartoonish behaviour that presses all the right buttons for Hawkeye to play the martyr.
Olivier5

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:31 pm
@izzythepush,
You guys are projecting your own prejudices on her. One can very well have a masters degree and be a idiotic hater. I suspect it's your case.
izzythepush

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:48 pm
@Olivier5,
No, we're spotting a very obvious sockpuppet. The responses aren't natural, they're overthought and scripted by someone who clearly has not got a masters in anything.
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Claiming to have a Masters degree in an area, and then making comments that reveal ignorance of the area in which one alleges having this advanced scholarship, is an inconsistency that is rather glaring and suggests whitebars is a complete phony.

izzy is right--the responses are very scripted. Labeling other posters "misogynists" started almost immediately, although no one made any hostile or hateful comments about women. Hawkeye, for no apparent reason at all, got labeled "a rapist" and izzy was told he was reported (presumably to A2K mods) for "sexual harassment" Rolling Eyes These catch-phrases were completely out of any appropriate context and they frankly made no sense. It was like someone, who was trying to imitate a feminist, but they had no idea how a rabid feminist might sound, so they just kept saying "misogynist". That's not a hater---that's off the wall Laughing

You are either very gullible, or you're choosing to believe something because it fits in with your preconceived prejudices.

Personally, I don't care what you believe.

hawkeye10

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:54 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Claiming to have a Masters degree in an area, and then making comments that reveal ignorance of the area in which one alleges having this advanced scholarship, is an inconsistency that is rather glaring and suggests whitebars is a complete phony

this does appear to be the case. As an equality minded mens rights advocate whitebars posts ring to me as a caricature of the campus feminist.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Any objective observer would note the cartoonish behaviour that presses all the right buttons for Hawkeye to play the martyr.

Never miss an opportunity to educate, or to argue about an interesting idea, that is my motto.
Olivier5

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:13 pm
@firefly,
You apparently don't understand gender studies very well, Firefly. The very idea of a normative "canon" of knowledge that one should master in order to graduate is largely foreign to the field, antinomic to it in fact. Rather, canonical bodies of knowledge are the products of a history of male domination, and should be deconstructed if not simply denied. Any canon, be it academic, literary or scientific, is oppressive, the product of "dead white European males" (DWEM). So to expect a gender study graduate to abide by a certain body of knowledge is to misunderstand the field. It's all about discovering new horizons, inventing one's own worldview, and that's precisely what Whitebars is doing.
firefly

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Sorry, I don't buy your BS in defensive of whitebars--I understand gender studies quite well.

You're not taking into consideration all three threads "she" started. The one in which "she" alleged she was "sexually assaulted" by a 6 year old first grade student was a doozy. No awareness at all, on "her" part, of normal sexual development or of male sexual development--both of which would be part of the curriculum in a gender studies program, as well as in any developmental psych course. Contrary to what you believe, there is an actual interdisciplinary body of knowledge in gender studies that encompasses several fields, and nothing is discarded or ignored because it was "the product of "dead white European males" (DWEM). That's absurd.

You think whitebars is inventing "her" own world view? Discovering new horizons? Laughing So far it seems to be a rather run-of-the-mill paranoid and hostile world view to me. Laughing

As I said before, I really don't care what you believe. You want to accept that whitebars is actually female and a feminist? Go right ahead. I don't buy it.
whitebars

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:07 pm
@firefly,
Ok, I'm going to adress you since you're doing most of the claiming that I'm not female.

So first of all, where is the picture of your vagina to prove that you are female? Pics or it didn't happen, right?

Quote:
although no one made any hostile or hateful comments about women.

Santana said
Quote:
You shut the **** up, you witless bitch.
http://able2know.org/topic/285933-2#post-5995322

Does that sound like a hateful gendered slur to you???

Krumple said
Quote:
Why not evolve with the rest of us and see that modern feminism is really just anti-male. It is like if the KKK were attempting to claim they are for racial equality. It is clear they are not.
http://able2know.org/topic/285933-1#post-5995033

Does that sound like a hateful gendered slur to you???

You claim I have no scholarly knowledge of gender studies without even asking me anything! What would you like to know?

And what are your ******* credentials in gender studies by the way??? Who the hell are you?
whitebars

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:26 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The one in which "she" alleged she was "sexually assaulted" by a 6 year old first grade student was a doozy.

I will not be respectful to those who make light of my assault. This is exactly what's wrong, women who are sexually assaulted are being ridiculed. The victim blaming culture is everywhere.
Olivier5

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:23 am
@firefly,
Quote:
No awareness at all, on "her" part, of normal sexual development or of male sexual development--both of which would be part of the curriculum in a gender studies program, as well as in any developmental psych course.

No, they don't. There is no such thing as "normal sexual development" in a cultural study paradigm, it's all about how people and societies construct their rapport to sex and gender, and how normative knowledge needs to be constantly re-evaluated and deconstructed, etc.

Exhaustive list of Gender Studies Undergraduate Courses at UCLA:
http://www.indiana.edu/~gender/undergraduate/courses.shtml

G101: Gender, Culture, and Society
G102: Sexual Politics
G104: Topics in Gender Studies
G105: Sex, Gender and the Body*
G205: Themes in Gender Studies
G206: Gay Histories, Queer Cultures
G215: Sex and Gender in Cross Cultural Perspective
G225: Gender, Sexuality, and Popular Culture
G230: Gendered Relations
G235: Scientific Understandings of Sex and Gender
G250: Race, Sexuality, and Culture (Intersections)
G290: History of Feminist Thought and Practice
G300: Gender Studies: Core Concepts and Key Debates
G302: Issues in Gender Studies
G303: Knowledge and Sex
G304: Constructions of Masculinity
G310: Representation and the Body
G325: Technologies of Gender
G330:Looking Like a Feminist: Visual Culture and Critical Theory
G335: Explaining Sex/Gender Differences
G340: Gender, Geography, Sex, and Space
G350: Queer Theory
G399: Regulating GenderG402: Problems in Gender Studies
G410: International Feminist Debates
G425: Gender and Science: The Sexual Politics of Truth
G430: Kinsey's Sexual Behavior in the Human Female (1953): Genealogies and Legacies
G435: Health, Sex, and Gender**
G440: Feminism Between Woman Suffrage and the Pill
G480: Practicum in Gender Studies
G485: Gender and Discourse
G490 Gender, Race, Sexuality, and the Law
G495: Readings and Research in Gender Studies
G498: Seminar in Gender Studies
G499: Senior Honors Thesis

* Before you jump on this one, here is the summary: "Examines the diverse and historically varying relationships forged between biological sex, culturally formulated discourses of masculinity and femininity, and the sexed body."
**: Examines health as it relates to female and male sexuality and to the roles and status of men and women in society. It explores public policy decisions related to medical research practices. Topics may include research about adult sexuality and personal health, contraception, sexual abuse, gender-specific diseases, and sexually transmitted diseases.

Quote:
I really don't care what you believe.

Ditto, especially since you don't know what you are talking about...
Olivier5

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:28 am
@whitebars,
Hey, you made light of my assault by a 10-yr-old girl, didn't you?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:01 am
@whitebars,
Quote:
This is exactly what's wrong, women who are sexually assaulted are being ridiculed. The victim blaming culture is everywhere.
Far too often victims and self professed victims of sexual assault deserve to be ridiculed. The high rates of female drinking and the often total disregard for looking after themselves must be changed if we are ever to solve the problem of confused consent with the young for instance.

And adult woman claiming to have suffered sexual assault when a young chilt touch her tit has to go on the list of people to be mocked.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:13 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Never miss an opportunity to educate, or to argue about an interesting idea, that is my motto.

Really? And you honestly think that's what you're doing here?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:17 am
@Olivier5,
Would you be interested in buying a ticket to a garden party at Buck House? I can guarantee you seats right next to Liz and Phillip.
izzythepush

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:19 am
@whitebars,
whitebars wrote:
So first of all, where is the picture of your vagina to prove that you are female?

You must be genuine because feminists are always asking women to send photos of their vaginas.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:34 am
@izzythepush,

Olivier5

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 05:23 am
@Olivier5,
Sorry, that was from Indiana University, not UCLA.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 05:48 am
@Olivier5,
You really want to go there. OK.

0 Replies