Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

onevoice

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nope. Wasn't there. I dug around a little bit to see if I could give ya a link to one of our conversations, but I'm not ready to dig too deep into any of that just yet. Eventually I will come across where we conversed in a thread and can link you to it, if you care to remember. If not that's OK too. Smile
Frank Apisa

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Nope. Wasn't there. I dug around a little bit to see if I could give ya a link to one of our conversations, but I'm not ready to dig too deep into any of that just yet. Eventually I will come across where we conversed in a thread and can link you to it, if you care to remember. If not that's OK too. Smile

I'd love a link. Especially if you think, as you mentioned, that I have changed my position.
onevoice

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Heh... I am not certain about that, as it has been a very long time! But we shall see. Smile
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 06:14 pm
@hingehead,
Who knowS.

To sum up my testimony
http://youtu.be/huIZhzysknI
hingehead

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 06:26 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
I won't be clicking. Like Neo said, your approach is self-defeating.
Johnjohnjohn

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:40 pm
@hingehead,
Of course you won't.

You hate the truth, it's obvious.
hingehead

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 11:32 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
I like independently verifiable facts. That's ******* cancer to religion.

http://i.imgur.com/rK5A77k.jpg
0 Replies

mesquite

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 02:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Here ya go Frank.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70203&start=90
Frank Apisa

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 02:54 am
@mesquite,

Wow...thank you, Mesquite.

When I read that first quote offered by Treya...I cringed.

But I read a lot more of the thread...and came away convinced I am saying the same things now that I said back then (I hope with a bit more finesse.)

What I said here...

http://able2know.org/topic/70203-2#post-1894313

...pretty much covers how I feel about the god of the Bible...not my favorite character by a long shot.
Frank Apisa

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 02:58 am
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/12/article-0-130E80BF000005DC-492_634x286.jpg

Yet another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not!
0 Replies

mesquite

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 11:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
But I read a lot more of the thread...and came away convinced I am saying the same things now that I said back then (I hope with a bit more finesse.)

Did you read on to the discussion of Adam & Eve?
Frank Apisa

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 11:28 am
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Did you read on to the discussion of Adam & Eve?

I did for a bit...and I thought it was a good discussion...although not headed toward any end.

I hope we stayed civil throughout. I stopped reading at some point rather than go on to the end.
0 Replies

onevoice

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 07:29 pm
@mesquite,
Lol Mesquite! Thank you!

It's like flying through a tunnel back in time. Wow. Anyone wanna throw me a link for the Adam and Eve one? This is quite interesting. I wonder if there could be an end for that thread... Hum...
onevoice

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 08:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
No evidence there are gods.

No evidence there are no gods.

No reason to suppose gods cannot exist.

No reason to suppose at least one god has to exist.

Not enough unambiguous evidence reasonably to point in either direction.

Seems the best way to proceed is not to make a guess.

Yup...another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not.

Hi Frank. Smile I have a question... Why can't the body heal itself completely? Why must we have scars?
mesquite

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:59 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Lol Mesquite! Thank you!

It's like flying through a tunnel back in time. Wow. Anyone wanna throw me a link for the Adam and Eve one? This is quite interesting. I wonder if there could be an end for that thread... Hum...
Its the same thread. The Adam and Eve discussion starts here.
neologist

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:10 am
@mesquite,
Thanks for taking the time to find that, Skeeter. That is a frequent claim about God. It's where the doctrines of predestination and reprobation originate.

What I could never understand about that claim is how a God powerful enough to create us with such a sublime quality as love in all its nuances would not himself have that same quality to a superior degree.

Kinda makes me woder about the mental disposition of the claimer. . .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:22 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Hi Frank. Smile I have a question... Why can't the body heal itself completely? Why must we have scars?

Beats me.

Why not?
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:25 am
http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2010/02/148202,xcitefun-diamond-head-1.jpg

Another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not!
0 Replies

onevoice

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 08:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Beats me.

Why not?

Well according to what I read it is because the cells become disorganized once they are separated, through a cut or whatever, and cannot repair themself back to "normal" because of the disorganization it causes.

You say there is no evidence either way whether there is or isn't a God. We know our body's can only do a partial healing of itself, which creates a scar. So what about someone's scars being healed... Completely... As if they were never there? Would that be evidence enough for you or anyone else the possibility that there might be something bigger than we thought out there, working on our behalf?
Leadfoot

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 09:10 am
@onevoice,
Quote:

In following some of the links here I read part of your story and was very moved. It looks like your scars are healing nicely. It reminds me that Frank's 'heaven on earth' really is a meat grinder with a purpose :-)