Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

onevoice

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 09:20 am
@Leadfoot,
Smile God is good. All the time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:06 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Quote:
Beats me.

Why not?

Well according to what I read it is because the cells become disorganized once they are separated, through a cut or whatever, and cannot repair themself back to "normal" because of the disorganization it causes.

You say there is no evidence either way whether there is or isn't a God. We know our body's can only do a partial healing of itself, which creates a scar. So what about someone's scars being healed... Completely... As if they were never there? Would that be evidence enough for you or anyone else the possibility that there might be something bigger than we thought out there, working on our behalf?

No.

But if a god would eliminate the planet Jupiter from the solar system for one year...and then return it to position...

...I'd be impressed enough to consider that "evidence."

I would not give a scar that is not a scar much more consideration than I would a piece of toast with Jesus on it.
onevoice

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
No.

But if a god would eliminate the planet Jupiter from the solar system for one year...and then return it to position...

I would not give a scar that is not a scar much more consideration than I would a piece of toast with Jesus on it.

What if that scar that is no longer a scar were your own?
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:30 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Quote:
No.

What if that scar that is no longer a scar were your own?

Same answer.

NO!

IF the god you are talking about is the one who supposedly made the Earth, the Sun, the 200+ billion other stars in our galaxy, the 200 billion other galaxies that we know of...and spread them across space so vast it takes light billions of years to traverse it...

...what sane person would consider lack of a scar evidence of this god?

Where are you going with this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWkfn3pNSbO0A1uTIVwBEAME2dH7zLPp8q-MsUzPUL8Q6BjbJP
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:36 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9d/f4/3d/9df43d6e8353407bfeff83f07e2d470a.jpg

Another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not!
0 Replies

onevoice

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
OK. So then where is the evidence otherwise?

The only place I am going with it is wherever it goes. I didn't ask the question with an ulterior motive in mind. Wanting to "prove" anything. What I would like to know though is if that is not evidence of even the possibility of something else, what exactly is it the evidence of? Because there is no evidence to prove otherwise is there? If so, please share! I would like to hear it! Smile
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:01 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

OK. So then where is the evidence otherwise?

The only place I am going with it is wherever it goes. I didn't ask the question with an ulterior motive in mind. Wanting to "prove" anything. What I would like to know though is if that is not evidence of even the possibility of something else, what exactly is it the evidence of? Because there is no evidence to prove otherwise is there? If so, please share! I would like to hear it! Smile

I do not understand what you are asking...if you are asking anything, Onevoice.

It is possible there is a god. It is possible there are no gods.

Any assertion made that there is a god...or that there are no gods...
'
...is just blind guesswork.

Evidence?

Of what?
Leadfoot

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
At the risk of sounding like some bible thumping religionist, I have to ask:

Have you ever asked God for anything?
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

At the risk of sounding like some bible thumping religionist, I have to ask:

Have you ever asked God for anything?

Yeah.

Up until age 22...I was planning to become a priest.

So I often "asked god for something."
Leadfoot

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah.

Interesting.
You previously said you would never ask for proof, so what did you ask for?
Frank Apisa

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 02:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Yeah.

Interesting.
You previously said you would never ask for proof, so what did you ask for?

Cannot actually remember. But mostly the kind of things people ask gods for...peace in the world; health and happiness for loved ones; etc.
Frank Apisa

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 02:58 am
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/image/jupiter_cassini.jpg

Another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
You were planning to become a priest and yet you asked God for things that he said not to expect?

Nothing wrong with asking for happiness for yourself, which you apparently got, but from all indications, dealing with God is always a one on one affair despite what some religions teach (Catholic being a prime example).

And Peace? He promised just the opposite. Not that happiness is not possible in turbulence.

I know you didn't follow through on it but I've always wanted to ask a priest what they felt when they read in the bible to "Call no man Father". My head would explode in their place.
onevoice

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:44 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
And Peace? He promised just the opposite. Not that happiness is not possible in turbulence.

Peace is possible. Even in our darkest hour.
Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:04 am
@onevoice,
Quote:

Peace is possible. Even in our darkest hour.

Think I know what you mean, but I call it comfort. In my darkest hour I can't quite bring myself to call it peace. More like the promise of peace.
onevoice

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:07 am
@Leadfoot,
I am in mine. Right here. Right now. I have been here for five months. I have perfect peace. Right here. Right now. Smile

Bwaaaahahaha! My favorite song Just came on! Fly, by Maddie and Tae!
Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:58 am
@onevoice,
But it doesn't sound like right now is your darkest hour :-)

I gotta go look that up. Any pilot just has to like a song named 'Fly'.
Frank Apisa

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:22 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

You were planning to become a priest and yet you asked God for things that he said not to expect?

Anything wrong with me supposing the god might have a change of heart?

Quote:
Nothing wrong with asking for happiness for yourself, which you apparently got, but from all indications, dealing with God is always a one on one affair despite what some religions teach (Catholic being a prime example).

Is this something you are just making up...or is it something someone else made up?

Quote:

Okay...so you are saying that all the people who have prayed for peace...are being foolish?

Strange, but interesting.

Quote:
I know you didn't follow through on it but I've always wanted to ask a priest what they felt when they read in the bible to "Call no man Father". My head would explode in their place.

Has you head ever exploded when you read in the Bible "Judge not lest ye be judged?"

If not...I think you would be safe. Your head probably would not explode in their place either.
onevoice

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:16 am
@Leadfoot,
Silly man! It doesn't appear so because I have peace! Lol You are a pilot huh? Coolio. Smile I hate flying. Scared of heights, I am. But... The song... It is indeed, a wonderful thing. Smile Did you like it?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:16 am
@Frank Apisa,

Quote:
Anything wrong with me supposing the god might have a change of heart?

No, but if he doesn't, that would be his prerogative as creator of the universe.

Quote:
Is this something you are just making up...or is it something someone else made up?

Either made up or revelation. I could have quoted the bible but that is so lazy.

Quote:
Okay...so you are saying that all the people who have prayed for peace...are being foolish?
Strange, but interesting.

There is the 'peace that passeth understanding' which Onvoice referred to but if by peace you mean what most people mean, then yes, they are being foolish, or lazy.

Quote:
Has you head ever exploded when you read in the Bible "Judge not lest ye be judged?" If not...I think you would be safe. Your head probably would not explode in their place either.

How far did you get in your bible studies for the priesthood? When read in context, that scripture means 'Do not judge others by a standard you do not wish to be judged by", i.e. - do not be a hypocrite. This is obvious when you continue reading and it says 'know ye not that you shall judge Angels?. How much more should you be able to judge your brothers now.'

If I'm being hypocritical, you are welcome and justified in pointing that out.

[/quote]