Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

izzythepush

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Something is responsible for the voices in his head.
Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:31 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Is it really that there is no evidence? Or is it that you don't see evidence?

I know they sound similar but they are not the same.

If a unicorn walks down main street, most people would have a high level (profound, really) of denial that they saw anything of the sort. It would not matter if a whole crowd saw it. Nobody wants to be the first to admit they actually saw a unicorn and be branded as a crazy.

But I don't have any such fears. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel, and I wouldn't be ashamed of seeing elves in parsley or unicorns or magical girls. Other ppl can stuff their judgement. I am perfectly fine with this world however it is, not just on the terms that other ppl think I'm sane.

There is NO unambiguous evidence that there are any gods...and NO unambiguous evidence that there are no gods.

You have made a blind guess that one exists...and you make further blind guesses about its nature...what pleases it and what offends it.

Okay...guess away.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:35 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Nice pizza there. Did you make it?

No. God did.

No...I made the pizza.

If it make your life a bit more satisfying to guess that a god was involved, fine with me.

Quote:

God birthed the cow who later gave the milk. God helped them bacteria get lucky and reproduce in that rennet. God created a complex web of life that fertilized the wheat, olives, peppers through bees, fungi, and symbiotes. God gave humans reason and memory sufficient to make bread, cheese, and a spicy pepperoni and sausage. Btw, olives are not naturally edible. Humans somehow stopped starving long enough to figure out that olives need to be treated. As well as the means to invent a modern oven, taking centuries of evolution in order to evolve from hairy apes to people çapable of electrical engineering. As Obama famously said, you didn't built that.
And some guy who works for Sbarro, Dominoes, or Pizza Hut baked the end result of evolution, farming, and engineering.

You can't tell me we don't know if any gods exist. God planned all of this entirely so that you could have some hot fresh pizza on some Friday night with your lady before you have wild hot sex or something.

I can also talk about the chemical and atmospheric conditions involved in creating the perfect sunset.

I can tell you that we do not know if any gods exist.

But if you want to blindly guess that a god exists...do it If it makes you feel better about life...fine with me.
Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Something is responsible for the voices in his head.

Okay.

And if he wants to blindly guess that a god is responsible...no problem.

I'm not laughing AT him...I'm...well...ahhh...

....actually, I suppose I am laughing at him.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 06:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
That is an assertion that you KNOW we don't know that there is a God. How's that? Are you God? Are you able to tell me what I think? What is real or not? If you were then we would of course all have to worship you. All hail the image of God, for he knows that we make blind guesses.

https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e4c10c8334a117b0a73baa73ae10d529?r=R&d=identicon&s=180

What's that? Being worshipped makes you uncomfortable?

But I tell you that you do not know that you do not know that there is or isn't a God. That is, you cannot tell me that I am uncertain about my own beliefs. You only know that you do not know. That is fine.

It's sooooo warm and bubbly. You must try it.
izzythepush

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 06:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
When I went to see the tower, people weren't worshipping it, they were having themselves photographed tolook like they were pushing it back up.
Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 07:52 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

That is an assertion that you KNOW we don't know that there is a God. How's that? Are you God? Are you able to tell me what I think? What is real or not? If you were then we would of course all have to worship you. All hail the image of God, for he knows that we make blind guesses.

I am not interested in what you think, Bulma. I am talking about what you KNOW or do not know.

You seem to be upset.

You are asserting there is a god...and you are further asserting that you know the nature of that god...what pleases it and what offends it.

THAT ALL IS A BUNCH OF BLIND GUESSES.
Quote:

https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e4c10c8334a117b0a73baa73ae10d529?r=R&d=identicon&s=180

What's that? Being worshipped makes you uncomfortable?

Most people with a functioning brain would recognize it as the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I use it as a play on my name.

Quote:
But I tell you that you do not know that you do not know that there is or isn't a God. That is, you cannot tell me that I am uncertain about my own beliefs. You only know that you do not know. That is fine.

Jesus H. Christ...that was a sentence that a 13 year older would be embarrassed for having written.

And please continue to pretend your blind guesses are KNOWLEDGE. I enjoy the laughs.

Quote:
It's sooooo warm and bubbly. You must try it.

Sounds as though you are wanking.

You gotta do that on your own, Bulma.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

When I went to see the tower, people weren't worshipping it, they were having themselves photographed tolook like they were pushing it back up.

That is what most tourists do. Obviously Bulma is getting frantic. I actually hate picking on him...but he does beg me to do it.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 07:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Blasphemy! You need to worship towers. Like this one.
https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/tower-of-babel-smetekscience-photo-library.jpg

I'm not desperate, I'm full-scale messing with you, and you don't even seem to realize it.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
We did that wirh a barge at the beach, making me pose like I was pushing it back. It took like five or six tries to get the angle right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 08:08 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Blasphemy! You need to worship towers. Like this one.
https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/tower-of-babel-smetekscience-photo-library.jpg

I'm not desperate, I'm full-scale messing with you, and you don't even seem to realize it.

Nice try. But you are not bright enough to pull any bullshit off on the people here. You are trying your best to "win" some kind of argument...and doing a lousy job of it

Now you are going to pretend all this has just been you messing with me!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/BFYLNwlsSNtcc/200.gif
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ahhhh, you got me.

I have totally lost to your superior intellect. After all, you know how to resize pictures.
Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:18 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Ahhhh, you got me.

I "got you" the moment you decided to consider this to be battle of wits. You, unfortunately, are unarmed.

Quote:

I have totally lost to your superior intellect.

There is no winning or losing in these discussions, Bulma. They are just discussions. But you are correct. My intellect is far superior to yours.

Quote:
After all, you know how to resize pictures.

Lots of people have trouble with that. Most...damn near all who do have trouble just ask for help on how to do it. Some, like you, pretend that it is not important to keep the pictures down to a size that does not involve a slide.

No problem. You probably will grow up at some point.
izzythepush

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Paul Auster's New York trilogy has a very good story about the Tower of Babel.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 10:35 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

Posting memes is fun, right? Too bad it doesn't take any mental effort.
0 Replies