Poll: over 40% of Canadian teens think America is "evil"

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:11 pm
I typed "world opinion against bush" in Google, and got the following number of hits. Results 1 - 10 of about 2,510,000 for world opinion against bush.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:18 pm
We all know by now that neocons are incapable of understanding the truth, but listen to this trailer if you dare. http://www.truthuncovered.com/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:29 pm
Karzak wrote:

Or do you mean that some people from countries with communist leanings, many of whom are lead by goverments connected with paying off saddam for valueble oil vouchers, are not behind the US? LOL, the truth is they never were behind the US.

Many = more than 'few'. Okay?

Most interestingly, France, which is accused the most, has both a conservative government and a conservative president.

McG

I still don't know, why you accuse Denmark of what in specific.

However, this proves clearly: even the strongest US allies can do what they want, you wont accept anything which isn't of US-Republican birth.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:41 pm
cavfancier wrote:
White man makes nigger joke. Not funny. Chris Rock makes nigger joke, funny as hell. Got it?

LOL, unlike you I guess I am not racist enough to judge a joke by the color of the guy telling it.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:45 pm
LOL, google as an indicator of fact? OK:

Results 1 - 7 of about 11 for "world opinion against bush" . (0.24 seconds)

Results 1 - 5 of about 14 for "world opinion against france" . (0.44 seconds)

LOL, france has more world opinion against it than Bush! Proof of whose right!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:54 pm
Bush wrong vs. France wrong:
2,720,000 for bush wrong. (0.28 seconds)
2,610,000 for france wrong. (0.34 seconds)

Btw: you wont tell us, such google-searches are a proof for anything - or will you?
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:11 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Bush wrong vs. France wrong:
2,720,000 for bush wrong. (0.28 seconds)
2,610,000 for france wrong. (0.34 seconds)

Btw: you wont tell us, such google-searches are a proof for anything - or will you?

Neither is a unique enough phrase.

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,160,000 for Walter wrong. (0.18 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 160 for karzak wrong. (0.45 seconds)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:14 am
Your search - walter hinteler is wrong - did not match any documents Exclamation
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:17 am
Results 1 - 3 of about 1,940 for walter hinteler wrong. (0.26 seconds)

Your search - karzak shargaasian wrong - did not match any documents.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:21 am
Okay - I think, others want to play in this sandbox now.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:24 am
Glad to see this thread got funny again. What the hell do you guys think you are doing with the searches?

I'm gonna switch sides for a minute and argue for the French:

Ya! And if the French hadn't helped us out during our War for Independence; right now we'd all be speaking, well, English.

Well, instead of a fair representative system of Government we'd have, ah, well...

Well instead of Having Bush for a leader we'd have,.. hey wait a minute, the French do suck.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:26 am
"this is stupid" = 38,100
"this is not stupid" = 372

Rolling Eyes

Karzak,

Are you the Dwarf or are you the Half Orc? Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:51 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Glad to see this thread got funny again. What the hell do you guys think you are doing with the searches?

I'm gonna switch sides for a minute and argue for the French:

Ya! And if the French hadn't helped us out during our War for Independence; right now we'd all be speaking, well, English.

Well, instead of a fair representative system of Government we'd have, ah, well...

Well instead of Having Bush for a leader we'd have,.. hey wait a minute, the French do suck.

Man - I raised that kind of issue on one of the 4th July threadas - thought i was gonna be clobbered.

I was. They ignored me - 'cept Setanta.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:56 am
Jer wrote:
The thing that wasn't funny about the canadian navy picture joke, was that really we only have canoes Wink

Karzak,

Go have a look at the White House Press Release on Stem Cell Research. Bush is a big fan of allowing only the private companies who have started stem cell research to continue. He'll grant them public money to continue their research, but won't give universities or any other public institution the right to research them. What is going to happen is the private companies that have the rights are going to find all sorts of good cures and are going to own the patents and everyone worldwide will have to pay through the nose to get the cures - with all the money going into a few large pockets. Wouldn't it make more sense to fund public research so that Americans own the results!?

I also heard on the news today that Tony Blair said they hadn't found any WMD and it wasn't likely that they would. So if you've got some evidence of the stockpiles I'd love to see them.

Well, Oz publicly funded research is going ahead with stem-cell research - and moving along nicely, thank you.

Mind you - mebbe we will learn - and patent the results? Oftentimes Oz has done the research, and does not move fast or firmly enough to develop it.

Interesting that Blair is facing the truth re WMD.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:59 am
dlowan wrote:
Interesting that Blair is facing the truth re WMD.

Well, he's actually "going to start to do so":
Blair finally admits it: 'We may never find WMD'
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 01:12 am
As for the poll - of course I care what Canadian teens think - and any teens. What young folk think is important - and I am with Beth - the smart ones are often very sophisticated in their views.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 01:14 am
As a former 'youthworker' I only can add: teens (like children) grow up and become adults (although some try to prove the opposite and stay lifelong on a kindergarden level).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 03:16 am
Karzak wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
White man makes nigger joke. Not funny. Chris Rock makes nigger joke, funny as hell. Got it?

LOL, unlike you I guess I am not racist enough to judge a joke by the color of the guy telling it.

Unlike you, I guess I am actually clever enough to use sarcasm when warranted.

Bill, my friend, I wasn't really offended by the navy joke, or by you. Any irkishness in my tone was directed to crusader Karzak, mostly in response to his ridiculous claim that America has the moral responsibilty and right to police the world, even when they are not wanted.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 06:13 am
Someday, the true greatness of America will shine itself upon you and you Canadians will understand.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 06:24 am
That day will come soon as we come to our national senses and vote out the present occupants of the White House in November. Id like to, once again, see the greatness of my country based upon other than its role as "playground bully".
0 Replies