Suddenly A Plethora Of Threads Become NSFW

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:09 pm
WTF? Are we evolving into a right wing Christian site?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 19 • Views: 5,385 • Replies: 132

thack45

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:25 pm
Maybe more people are internetting at work, and possibly other places people can look over shoulders

Edit: I would say though that the urge not to offend others may not be a right wing thing
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:08 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think it's because I've recently started swearing and telling rude jokes.
NSFW (view)
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 02:21 am
A lot of companies are cracking down on the type of internet use at work, and the easiest way to track it is content-based. If "naughty" words hit the company firewall, it can be used to identify the culprit. In such a situation, you don't even want to open the thread.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:45 am
@Ionus,
Oh Ionus, stop being an asshole
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 02:38 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
That's a sentence worthy of King Canute.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 02:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Now that made me snort.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 06:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

A lot of companies are cracking down on the type of internet use at work, and the easiest way to track it is content-based. If "naughty" words hit the company firewall, it can be used to identify the culprit. In such a situation, you don't even want to open the thread.

I doubt it, according to the merchants the majority (more than 50%) of online shopping takes place at work

Quote:
In fact, the average worker spends 18 minutes of each working day - an hour and a half a week - spending their wages instead of earning them.
Over the course of a working year, that amounts to the equivalent of nine eight-hour long days.
And it doesn't come cheap, with workers splashing out on goods worth an average of £28.88 each week from their office desk - more than £100 a month or £1,386 over a year.
For 46 per cent of employees, there are times they spend so much during work time, they effectively cancel out their earnings.
The study also revealed that seven in ten immediately log on to have a browse or shop online whenever they are a little quiet at work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2818776/Are-sneaky-office-shopper-Research-reveals-workers-spend-NINE-days-year-shopping-online-work.html#ixzz3c39xCUBo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think what we are looking at is a phony excuse to pander to the squeamish, which is idiotic.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:01 pm
I hate to be the buzzkill, but using company computers and company time checking your Facebook account is cheating your employer. Before computers and social media, you would have to be on the telephone which would be more apparent to management. And much more apparent you are goofing off.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's a sentence worthy of King Canute.

You made me laugh.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:02 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Now that made me snort.

You made me laugh again.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:31 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

They don't use the company computers for private browsing any longer,
they use their cell phones now. It's much worse now since you don't see
immediately what they're doing and the minute you turn your back on them they're on their cell phones again.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:47 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
From you, thats a compliment I will wear with pride .
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
My husband and I both retired from NSA, but mr.gbag went back to work a special project, it's just two days a week. NSA does not allow cell phones, CD's or DVD's or any electronic device to be brought into the building. Access to the regular internet is restricted to non-secure areas.

I realize it's impossible to enforce such restrictions in the private sector, so companies have to rely on the work ethic of their work force.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:56 pm
@Ionus,
Of course you do, thats because you don't know your ass from your elbow. I bet you get that compliment a lot. Ionus, the king of assholery, long live the king.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:00 pm
@glitterbag,
You worked for the NSA? Do tell, glitterbag!! Smile
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
I burned tires, the secret is I can't tell you how many? Promise not to tell?
0 Replies