Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 01:47 am
@izzythepush,
Good post.

Totally agree.
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 01:49 am
@izzythepush,
How far back do you have to go to find a post where you didn't fill it with hate and bile ? Is that your reason for being here, to bark at contributors ? If I had a bitch like you I would shoot it for barking at its master .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 02:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thanks. I don't use idiot as an insult only as a description. There's quite a few posters I don't get on with who are quite smart, so I never call them stupid. I may call them all manner of names like fascist, but I only call stupid people idiots.

It must be very comforting living in a fantasy world where you're a cross between a latter day Lord Byron and the Marquis de Sade, gifted with insight that the most perceptive of people would envy. That world is so much more pleasant than reality, but it's still a fantasy.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:06 am
A lot of love being generated here. You're welcome. It's what I do.
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:17 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Did you notice this thread is no longer NSFW ?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:24 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Thank you, I can feel it.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:29 am
@hawkeye10,
I saw a USA TV talk show where during one episode they had on mixed (black/white) marriages and the black audience kept going on about how they were betraying their black heritage .
thack45

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:41 am
Wait isn't OP's handle technically NSFW?
Below viewing threshold (view)
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:50 am
@Ionus,
It's especially ironic when you consider the fact that the white supremacists who maintained Jim Crow in the U.S. were obsessed with their sick fantasy that most of the black men were after the white women. * sigh * Aren't people (black and white) wonderful?

On the positive side, I once saw a talk show on TV during the 1990's that dealt with bullying in the schools. Among the guests were a tall black girl who proudly admitted to bullying a short white girl, who also was a guest. There were blacks in the audience. Every one of them who spoke out condemned the black girl for bullying the white one, despite the fact that the bully was of their own race. That's an expression of decency. Some individuals give us hope.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 04:51 pm
I see A2K hasn't changed all that much during my brief absence.

I fail to understand why a NSFW designation for a thread is problematic either in terms of free speech or prudery.

If the designation was used on an individual comment simply because it was felt to be in bad taste, (if it was the use of "asshole," then 75% of all comments here would earn it) that would seem to be a perversion of it's purpose and contrary to the "open discussion" and "self policing" policies of the forum. It's a bit irritating, but nothing major.

It's interesting to see that folks are still complaining about the rules of a free but private service.
Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:07 pm
The designation was given to a single post in the thread in which people learned of and commented on MA's serious illness. The thread itself would never have qualified for and NSFW, but the post itself would have triggered a company firewall's automated censor. Certainly, it was in very bad taste.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:13 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
but the post itself would have triggered a company firewall's automated censor.

How, and says who?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
contrary to the "open discussion" and "self policing" policies of the forum.
You mean where the hamsters give you an automatic down thumbing depending on everyone not liking your views ? Did the owners make any profit out of turning the forum into a psyche experiment ?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:52 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
contrary to the "open discussion" and "self policing" policies of the forum.
You mean where the hamsters give you an automatic down thumbing depending on everyone not liking your views ? Did the owners make any profit out of turning the forum into a psyche experiment ?

That pisses me off. I used to catch them voting down my posts constantly, which I know because with zero views they had a -1 rating. I took at as an attempt to drive the herd. I am very sorry that Robert has allowed this. He had to know about it.
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I caught them in the act . My post had just been written, I pressed reply and the screen was just refreshing and it came up with a zero . It was still loading . Obviously a reader was very very very quick .
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:16 pm
Look at the above....

thack45 :
Quote:
Wait isn't OP's handle technically NSFW?
+2

Ionus :
Quote:
Yes .

A2K, a place where you can agree with everyone, or else...weren't the owners ever schooled in the democratic process and freedom of speech ? I know the posters weren't .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:20 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I caught them in the act . My post had just been written, I pressed reply and the screen was just refreshing and it came up with a zero . It was still loading . Obviously a reader was very very very quick .

That exact same thing happened to me to. More often I look at MYPOSTS and see -1 vote 0 Views, because I have not gone back and read it.