Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

coldjoint

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Cruz was caught buying his own books, trying to boost them onto the best seller list.

That is a lie. Why are you repeating it? The NYT will be apologizing to Cruz. They might send you an all-day sucker.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:19 am
@parados,
Quote:
He isn't in the top 10 on the NYTimes best seller list.

He is not on the Times list because they refuse to list Cruz. If you read the links I posted they(NYT) said it themselves.

You are using Kitman. Telling a half truth, which means the other part is a lie.
I have told you your number is up. Play games with the many that swallow the crap you post, not me.
parados

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
You also posted a quote that says he isn't on the top 10 for Amazon. Or did you not bother to read what you posted?

So your argument is that he isn't in the top 10 for Amazon and that is good but the NYTimes is bad because they didn't list him in the top 10.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:52 am
@parados,
Quote:
So your argument is that he isn't in the top 10 for Amazon and that is good but the NYTimes is bad because they didn't list him in the top 10.

No. Stop twisting words, it will not work with me. I said Amazon said there were no bulk sales of the Cruz book, as Edgar posted. And the NYT did not even consider listing Cruzs book, as they stated.

My point is the lie that has been posted. It makes no difference what ******* number it is.
parados

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 08:33 am
@coldjoint,
It makes every difference what the number is. The argument is that the NYTimes didn't put this book in the top 10 best sellers. You posted that Amazon didn't list his book in the top 10 best sellers.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 12:24 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It makes every difference what the number is.

I have already stated what my posts were for. That was to show the lies that Edgar posted, and repeated. And they have. That is what counts.
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/wootrock.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 12:44 pm
“In the case of this book, the overwhelming preponderance of evidence was that sales were limited to strategic bulk purchases,” Times spokeswomen Eileen Murphy told Politico.

In other words, the Times editors have evidence that those sales didn’t all come from individual supporters camped out in line at a Walmart book signing. Institutions, presumably conservative organizations of some sort, may have just cut a check for hundreds of copies at a time.

Well, we’ve got some comments on that. The first is surprise, surprise. Bulk sales of political books to supporters have been common for years, decades even. There are lots of reasons this would be the case, from genuine enthusiasm to a desire to back a favored politician’s campaign.

Sometimes this crosses lines. Remember Jim Wright? He was a veteran Texas Democrat who served as Speaker of the House from 1987 to 1989. He was forced to resign after the House Ethics Committee reported that, among other things, he’d used bulk purchases of a book of his speeches to evade House limits on certain kinds of outside income.

Second, we don’t really know if Times editors are just dissing Senator Cruz because they don’t like his politics. There are other books on the bestseller list by conservative authors, such as Ann Coulter’s “Adios, America.” That’s evidence against the conspiracy theory. On the other hand, the Times process for determining bestseller rankings is opaque. Editors say they keep the methodology secret so people won’t try to game the system. But people try that anyway – there are publishing consulting firms who specialize in using bulk-buying and other techniques to boost books onto bestseller lists.

But finally, isn’t the existence of this controversy actually better for Cruz than would be any sales gained from NYT list exposure? It’s not like Times readers are his people. The paper is the flagship of the mainstream media that conservatives love to hate. Right-leaning sites such as RedState have picked up the story and are thus providing him some free advertising to boost the book.

And now’s a good time for Cruz to get a media push. He’s hanging in at No. 8 on the RealClearPolitics polling list of GOP contenders. He needs to hold that position to make the first GOP debate, which is Aug. 6, now only a few weeks away.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Decoder/2015/0710/New-York-Times-blocks-Ted-Cruz-book-from-bestseller-list.-Conspiracy
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 01:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
In other words, the Times editors have evidence that those sales didn’t all come from individual supporters

Where is it? Is this it?

Quote:
In other words, the Times editors have evidence that those sales didn’t all come from individual supporters camped out in line at a Walmart book signing. Institutions, presumably conservative organizations of some sort, may have just cut a check for hundreds of copies at a time.

Well, we’ve got some comments on that. The first is surprise, surprise. Bulk sales of political books to supporters have been common for years, decades even. There are lots of reasons this would be the case,(that proves what?) from genuine enthusiasm to a desire to back a favored politician’s campaign.

This is based on what I don't see being produced(evidence). in other words because the Times says so. Bullshit.

Just another long winded whine.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 01:20 pm
Bottom line, the book is not put on the top list.
foundednotlost

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 01:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks for posting this interesting article from the "New York Times." It is correct in that New York Times readers, as a general rule, do not stoop to the level of reading authors like Ted Cruz.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 01:43 pm
Is there one GOP candidate who is reasonable? Forget Trump, Bush, Walker, Jindal, and Cruz: for me, they've checked the crazy box. I don't know much about the Rubio guy and the rest.

Graham said some marginally sensible things during the campaign, but he has a box full of nuts from his long and dullard past...

Who's the lesser of these evils?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 02:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Bottom line, the book is not put on the top list.

Doesn't change the lie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Quote:
Right-leaning sites such as RedState have picked up the story and are thus providing him some free advertising to boost the book.

And now’s a good time for Cruz to get a media push. He’s hanging in at No. 8 on the RealClearPolitics polling list of GOP contenders. He needs to hold that position to make the first GOP debate, which is Aug. 6, now only a few weeks away.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Decoder/2015/0710/New-York-Times-blocks-Ted-Cruz-book-from-bestseller-list.-Conspiracy

that's about the only smoke there is to this
Lash

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 06:42 pm
@ehBeth,
This sorta reminds me of another time he tried to get mileage out of a Cruz-controlled event...he claimed to have the highest audience for a "Town Hall," but he failed to mention it was at a Christian University - and mandatory attendance.

0 Replies

foundednotlost

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 07:34 pm
Ted Cruz is quite the anomaly, a hard-core radical. His ego is so enormous that he unquestionably is unable to see most intelligent people shun him like the plague. Yet, he has the expectation to dare hope he could be president of the US or even occupy the second position. He does not attract crowds and most senators avoid him. When he was first profiled by the media it was said he was "unusually smart" yet, from everything I've seen of this man, he seems more delusional, like one who is plainly out of touch with reality.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 07:38 pm
@foundednotlost,
Quote:
like one who is plainly out of touch with reality.

Funny, he is in touch with our Constitution. That document is our reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 01:50 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Is there one GOP candidate who is reasonable? Forget Trump, Bush, Walker, Jindal, and Cruz: for me, they've checked the crazy box. I don't know much about the Rubio guy and the rest.

This graphic helps to sort the Republican candidates:

http://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/silver-datalab-gopcandidate-venn-santorum.png
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:35 pm
Hope you won't mind Ed but I didn't know where else to post this.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/64/55/396455acb3b05ef154ea13242a92019a.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 07:26 am
It fits.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
AMEN BROTHER!
0 Replies