Andy Borowitz
4 hrs ·

Barbara Bush Rips Jeb: 'Check With Me Before Opening Your Pie Hole'
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I think Jindal and Cruz are the dumbest.

Calling Cruz dumb only shows how misinformed you really are.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:00 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I think Jindal and Cruz are the dumbest.

Calling Cruz dumb only shows how misinformed you really are.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO4koRBdnJYesbAUsFSQdbpC_U1IbgICXCUrvdIgc6cFLgJSix
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:16 pm
Cruzs' Resume
Quote:

Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 - May 2008, Cruz was the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country, and had the longest tenure in Texas history.

Partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice.

Cruz has authored 80+ SCOTUS briefs and presented 40+ oral arguments before The Court

Cruz served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Cruz was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States

Described as a 'superb' constitutional lawyer, the man's considerable skills and laser-like focus were on display for all last week when he took oily reptile Eric Holder by the neck and made him answer the frickin question.

In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Cruz presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools and the majority of the 2003 Texas redistricting plan. Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.

Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission

Domestic Policy Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.

Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation
Ted Cruz is currently junior US Senator from Texas. In order to win the 2012 Republican nomination for the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison, Cruz had to defeat Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst -heavily favored/backed by the DC old-guard GOP- in the Republican primary runoff. In the event, TEA Party favorite Cruz crushed Dewhurst, 57-43%...
he then beat Democrat Paul Sadler in the general election by a similar margin, 56-41. Cruz is also endorsed by the Tea Party Movement and the Republican Liberty Caucus.

AWARDS: "America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Chambers USA (2009 & 2010) "50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America," National Law Journal (2008) "25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century," Texas Lawyer (2010) "20 Young Hispanic Americans on the Rise," Newsweek (1999) Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus, Harvard Law School

On November 14, 2012, Cruz was appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. He is now spearheading efforts in the Senate to have Obamacare repealed root-and-branch...

http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com/2013/03/ever-take-look-at-ted-cruzs-resume.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Jesus christ. He would be straight from Looney Tunes if he weren't so creepy.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
weren't so creepy.

What is Killary, if not creepy? Fat?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:29 pm
Pathetic: Ted Cruz Caught Buying His Own Books To Reach NYT Bestseller List

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/pathetic-ted-cruz-caught-buying-his-own-books-to-reach-nyt-bestseller-list/
coldjoint

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:34 pm
Here is the truth. The NYT refused to even list his book.

Quote:
The excuse offered by the Times’ staff for the absence of Truth from its bestsellers list was, according to Politico, that the book didn’t meet the newspaper’s “standard” in its analysis of book sales.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres-how-the-liberal-ny-times-just-ignored-the-truth-from-ted-cruz-and-why/?utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:30 pm
Cruz could be smart enough to win the Nobel prize in some areas of life, but he is stupid in the one it takes to win the presidency, and that is where he is putting it on display.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cruz is proposing Constitutional law settle the issues that are being decided without the rules set down in that document.

That you think knowing and promoting the Constitution is not presidential is no surprise.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 12:13 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Of all the candidates, I think Jindal and Cruz are the dumbest. Next to Perry. Razz

So far I like Rubio the best. Amazing foreign policy.

But Jindal has always seemed like a decent fellow to me. I'd be happy with him as president.

Perry is evil. Electing Rick Perry would be like electing Pol Pot.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 01:04 pm
-2 for the Constitution. If you people have passports, please use them.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, shocking as it may be, some people, many millions actually, disagree with you. Name calling is the lowest form of debate.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:01 pm
@coldjoint,
Perhaps someday you just might post something intelligent and useful here but I’ll bet nobody is holding their breath waiting for that to happen.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:02 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
I’ll bet

I'll bet you haven't had an original thought in years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Should the people **** up and elect one of these clowns, I will direct my ridicule at that one individual with renewed contempt for the entire four years he serves.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I will direct my ridicule at that one individual

Hope he or she doesn't find out. They might drop out. Who cares?

Ridicule, by the way, is one of Alinskys, no not one, the best weapon radicals have. Nice to see someone tow that line.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Should the people **** up and elect one of these clowns, I will direct my ridicule at that one individual with renewed contempt for the entire four years he serves.

I'm sure you will. Like I said, it's the lowest form of debate.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
It's what the Republicans have done to Obama since before he even took office. Civility goes out the window. I reciprocate.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's what the Republicans have done to Obama since before he even took office

As they should have, as it turns out. Anyone who thinks this is not a failed presidency has failed at accepting the truth.